[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

WTF does this mean?

White privilege bolstered by teaching math, university professor says | Fox News

A math education professor at the University of Illinois says the ability to solve geometry and algebra problems and teaching such subjects perpetuates so-called white privilege.

Rochelle Gutierrez laid out her views on the subject in an article for a newly published anthology for math educators titled, “Building Support for Scholarly Practices in Mathematics Methods.”

“School mathematics curricula emphasizing terms like Pythagorean Theorem and pi perpetuate a perception that mathematics was largely developed by Greeks and other Europeans," she says, according to Campus Reform.
She also says that addressing equity in mathematics education will come when teachers can understand and negotiate the politics outside the classroom.

“On many levels, mathematics itself operates as whiteness.*Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as white,” she writes.

Further, she says mathematics operates with unearned privilege in society, “just like whiteness.”

:lol:

Ex-Clinton spokesman on new emails probe: GOP wishes other party won the election | TheHill

A former spokesman for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign on Tuesday said that the GOP*is "so desperate" for Democrats to be in power that it*keeps acting like the opposition party.

The two GOP lawmakers*said they have questions about the FBI's decision to declare*openly the bureau's investigation into Clinton's handling of classified information, while quietly investigating Trump campaign associates.

They also want to find out why the FBI decided to formally notify Congress of the probe on two separate occasions and why the FBI — as opposed to the Justice Department — recommended that Clinton not be charged at the conclusion of the investigation.
"The Committees will review these decisions and others to better understand the reasoning behind how certain conclusions were drawn," the statement from the two Republican leaders said.

"Congress has a constitutional duty to preserve the integrity of our justice system by ensuring transparency and accountability of actions taken," the statement continues.

I'm pretty sure no one want to be a democrat right now

:lol: Sweet merciful crap Dems.. You are overloading us with MAGA

'Smoking gun' email reveals Obama DOJ blocked conservative groups from settlement funds, GOP lawmaker says | Fox News

The chairman of the House Judiciary Committee claims he obtained a “smoking gun” email that proves the Obama Justice Department prevented settlement payouts from going to conservative-leaning organizations, even as liberal groups were awarded money and DOJ officials denied “picking and choosing” recipients.
“It is not every day in congressional investigations that we find a smoking gun,” Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., said Tuesday. “Here, we have it.”

did you not read the article? I don't think "let me google that for you" will work on a fox new article.
WUT?

Notable Marxist quotes from this female.
“As researchers, are we more deserving of large grants because we focus on mathematics education and not social studies or English?”
Yet she fails to show how large grants that focus on the Marxist POV of social studies has helped to advance the human race that creates more technology which in turn, creates more employment. The single greatest reason POC get hired over whites is due to Affirmative Action.

Gutierrez says evaluations of math skills can perpetuate discrimination against minorities, especially if they do worse than their white counterparts, Campus Reform reported.
As opposed to what field of education that shows POC excel in over than their white counterparts?

According to the website, Gutierrez adds that there are so many people who “have experienced microaggressions from participating in math classrooms… [where people are] judged by whether they can reason abstractly.”
According to this female Marxist, if someone is not good at something, it's considered a.... wait for it.... wait.... microaggression.

pfffft :rofl:

Her solution is a call for teachers to develop political "conocimeinto," or knowledge, to better prepare them in deciding on what learning opportunities work best for their students.
Typical progressive: Someone else fix this problem that I believe is wrong in society, instead of me trying to fix it by actually doing it. If she feels so strongly about this, why doesn't she leave her cushy job of teaching kids how to hate everything the white man has created, even the position and the field she is abusing, and go into a high school (another white mans invention) in the inner city and practice what she is preaching to the animalistic POC at that school?

If she feels so strongly about this, why doesn't she leave her cushy job of teaching kids how to hate everything the white man has created, even the position and the field she is abusing, and go into a high school (another white mans invention) in the inner city and practice what she is preaching to the animalistic POC at that school?

Easy answer. Her kind are total hypocrites.

WUT?
As opposed to what field of education that shows POC excel in over than their white counterparts?

For one, she said "can", not "does". That means it's not always the case, but it is sometimes. I can think of some, unusual, situations in which discrimination could occur. However, I think she is exaggerating the importance and frequency of [most of] these situations.

According to this female Marxist, if someone is not good at something, it's considered a.... wait for it.... wait.... microaggression.

This is probably taken out of context, as not only is there editor-added text, but also her that statement was pieced together with parts of what she said omitted. Based on the rest of what she had said, I'm gathering this was still in regards to the majority of math history coming from white people.

Typical progressive: Someone else fix this problem that I believe is wrong in society, instead of me trying to fix it by actually doing it. If she feels so strongly about this, why doesn't she leave her cushy job of teaching kids how to hate everything the white man has created, even the position and the field she is abusing, and go into a high school (another white mans invention) in the inner city and practice what she is preaching to the animalistic POC at that school?

This is a pretty stupid statement I keep hearing and reading. Do you, personally, fix everything you find wrong? Every one of you bitch and moan about so many things that are wrong with society/government, yet how many of you have tried to actively change even one of those things? That doesn't mean you shouldn't talk about the problems. If it does, then threads like this wouldn't exist.

Explain it then Clu. Here is your chance.

she's a professor at UoC and the university is standing behind her. I would imagine she's using this as a dressed up dissertation for a phd, or to sell books. frankly, I was OK with minority involvement in mathematics when a textbook says algebra is an Arabic word. I haven't taken higher maths but i'm sure there are a few more examples.

yes, I think she's taking it too far. yes, I think fox news is giving too much credence to the story but if it keeps you going back to the website they've done their job.

Back