Sponsored Links
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
102 - 10-19-2020, 12:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
Common sense, like people eating in a restaurant that you whined about earlier?

Don't worry, Juggs. The scary virus can't get you when you're wearing the cloth mask you haven't washed in weeks.
Thats required by county mandate ****tard. Wearing a mask into a room full of people to take it off just when you eat is like have a pissing section in a pool.

I know things like laundry and hygiene are foreign concepts to you..but no..it gets washed regularly and i have multiples. Just have to be a little smarter than the mask, sport

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
103 - 10-19-2020, 12:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
Thats required by county mandate ****tard. Wearing a mask into a room full of people to take it off just when you eat is like have a pissing section in a pool.

I know things like laundry and hygiene are foreign concepts to you..but no..it gets washed regularly and i have multiples. Just have to be a little smarter than the mask, sport
You ****ing use a piece of cloth on your face and you're talking to me about the science of viral transmissions through "masks that doctors use during surgery."

You're such a god damn retard. Wait a second, aren't you the AIDS water idiot? This all makes sense.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
104 - 10-19-2020, 12:26
Quote:
large droplets being stopped, small droplets having range reduced. again, not rocket science
"Reduced range"

****ing retard. Those small particles don't have "reduced range." Almost all go through or around the mask and then they float in the air and move around within the air streams of whatever environment you're in.

You don't know a god damn ****ing thing about anything. Shut the **** up.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
105 - 10-19-2020, 12:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
I did a bit of digging on the mask stuff after our discussion in the covid thread. Best meta analysis I could find was the following:

Face masks: what the data say

Conclusion: Science is unsettled, but it is more likely than not that masks do assist in reducing the spread of Covid. This varies greatly by environment, mask type, and how the user wears their mask. However, the greatest risk in contracting covid has been shown in conditions where you have long sustained contact with an infected person. Chance of catching covid walking down the street is extremely low.
Read the entire thing.

Benn worked with Danish engineers at her university to test their two-layered cloth mask design using the same criteria as for medical-grade ventilators. They found that their mask blocked only 11–19% of aerosols down to the 0.3***8201;µm mark, according to Benn. But because most transmission is probably occurring through particles of at least 1***8201;µm, according to Marr and Jimenez, the actual difference in effectiveness between N95 and other masks might not be huge.

Double-layed, tightly woven cloth mask did basically nothing. Of course, these are also lab tests, not real world, where the **** collector on your face becomes a disgusting formit that people touch, reuse, etc. over and over and over.

"Eric Westman, a clinical researcher at Duke University School of Medicine in Durham, North Carolina, co-authored an August study11 that demonstrated a method for testing mask effectiveness. His team used lasers and smartphone cameras to compare how well 14 different cloth and surgical face coverings stopped droplets while a person spoke. “I was reassured that a lot of the masks we use did work,” he says, referring to the performance of cloth and surgical masks. But thin polyester-and-spandex neck gaiters — stretchable scarves that can be pulled up over the mouth and nose — seemed to actually reduce the size of droplets being released. “That could be worse than wearing nothing at all,” Westman says."

So some masks "worked" by blocking droplets, not aerosolized particles.

"Some scientists advise not making too much of the finding, which was based on just one person talking."

"Further confusing the public are controversial studies and mixed messages. One study13 in April found masks to be ineffective, but was retracted in July. Another, published in June14, supported the use of masks before dozens of scientists wrote a letter attacking its methods."

For now, Osterholm, in Minnesota, wears a mask. Yet he laments the “lack of scientific rigour” that has so far been brought to the topic. “We criticize people all the time in the science world for making statements without any data,” he says. “We’re doing a lot of the same thing here.”

Yep. Basically any "research" done after COVID is heavily political, which is why ALL of the actual research done before COVID explicitly states that masks don't work for blocking viral transmissions; lab tests see improvements, but real life (DUH) they're worse. The only thing that works is avoid people. Shocking.

Last edited by Validuz; 10-20-2020 at 10:00..
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
106 - 10-19-2020, 12:46
Quote:
You ****ing use a piece of cloth on your face and you're talking to me about the science of viral transmissions through "masks that doctors use during surgery."

You're such a god damn retard. Wait a second, aren't you the AIDS water idiot? This all makes sense.
mkay...can't help the functionally retarded understand the reasons for a mask. Go ahead, your towering intellect has gotten you thus far in life.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
107 - 10-19-2020, 12:48
Quote:
mkay...can't help the functionally retarded understand the reasons for a mask. Go ahead, your towering intellect has gotten you thus far in life.
"My cloth mask that I wash like once a month is totally stopping viruses from spreading, gais"

cael
VeteranXX
Old
108 - 10-19-2020, 12:48

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
109 - 10-19-2020, 12:57
Quote:
"My cloth mask that I wash like once a month is totally stopping viruses from spreading, gais"

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
110 - 10-19-2020, 13:03
Quote:
Read the entire thing.

Benn worked with Danish engineers at her university to test their two-layered cloth mask design using the same criteria as for medical-grade ventilators. They found that their mask blocked only 11–19% of aerosols down to the 0.3***8201;µm mark, according to Benn. But because most transmission is probably occurring through particles of at least 1***8201;µm, according to Marr and Jimenez, the actual difference in effectiveness between N95 and other masks might not be huge.

Double-layed, tightly woven cloth mask did basically nothing. Of course, these are also lab tests, not real world, where you the **** collector on your face becomes a disgusting formit that people touch, reuse, etc. over and over and over.

"Eric Westman, a clinical researcher at Duke University School of Medicine in Durham, North Carolina, co-authored an August study11 that demonstrated a method for testing mask effectiveness. His team used lasers and smartphone cameras to compare how well 14 different cloth and surgical face coverings stopped droplets while a person spoke. “I was reassured that a lot of the masks we use did work,” he says, referring to the performance of cloth and surgical masks. But thin polyester-and-spandex neck gaiters — stretchable scarves that can be pulled up over the mouth and nose — seemed to actually reduce the size of droplets being released. “That could be worse than wearing nothing at all,” Westman says."

So some masks "worked" by blocking droplets, not aerosolized particles.

"Some scientists advise not making too much of the finding, which was based on just one person talking."

"Further confusing the public are controversial studies and mixed messages. One study13 in April found masks to be ineffective, but was retracted in July. Another, published in June14, supported the use of masks before dozens of scientists wrote a letter attacking its methods."

For now, Osterholm, in Minnesota, wears a mask. Yet he laments the “lack of scientific rigour” that has so far been brought to the topic. “We criticize people all the time in the science world for making statements without any data,” he says. “We’re doing a lot of the same thing here.”

Yep. Basically any "research" done after COVID is heavily political, which is why ALL of the actual research done before COVID explicitly states that masks don't work for blocking viral transmissions; lab tests see improvements, but real life (DUH) they're worse. The only thing that works is avoid people. Shocking.
I don’t disagree with any of this. Osterholm is a complete hack who has been wrong in every fear mongering prediction he has made just as a side note.

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
111 - 10-19-2020, 15:02
Val, you need to get a job with the CDC so you can save us.

Obviously the CDC and WHO, are using really flawed science when making recommendations on mask use. They need someone smarter than them on disease control and obviously that is you.

Last edited by Mr Jimmy Pop; 10-19-2020 at 15:05..
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
112 - 10-19-2020, 21:17
Right now he has the dictionary open trying to figure out how to spell CDC

aScotiA
VeteranXX
Old
113 - 10-19-2020, 22:37
thank god 4 masks so glad my doctors didnt drool and drip their boogz into my open cavity during surgery that would be so gross

Skipperlipicus
VeteranXX
Old
114 - 10-22-2020, 11:40
Japan researchers show masks do block coronavirus, but not perfectly

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
115 - 10-22-2020, 12:13
You didn't even read your own article... just a couple hundred words.

They lower transmission. They don't work. Even with medical masks, if you're around someone sick, you're still getting sick. Masks don't stop viruses from spreading. Also, you might not want to sneeze directly in someone's face that is 3ft away. It's that simple.

p.s. The icing on the cake: "A separate team of Japanese researchers used supercomputer simulations to show that humidity can have a significant effect on the airborne dispersion of virus particles."

Gee, I wonder why that is...

Skipperlipicus
VeteranXX
Old
116 - 10-22-2020, 12:24
isn't lowering transmission a good thing?

i think you'd better explain the effect humidity has on transmission to the rest of us rubes.

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
117 - 10-22-2020, 14:55
this is awkward

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
118 - 10-22-2020, 22:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipperlipicus View Post
isn't lowering transmission a good thing?
It is a good thing, but it doesn't matter. Once you've contracted it (because you will if you're around someone that has it), then you've contracted it.

It doesn't really matter that in a test setting, sneezing once with a medical mask helped to "reduce it by up to 90%!!!" because you're still getting the rest of the 10%. You've contracted it either way. And that's in a lab. In the real world, people aren't using medical grade masks. They're using cloth and polyester. Even if they have a proper mask, they're reusing it like crazy and touching it. They're disgusting fomites. The more saliva/mucus/whatever the masks catch, the more that gets blasted out (aerosolized) into the air.

This is why all real-world studies show that masks don't work and sometimes make it worse. Only the unrealistic lab settings/tests show some improvement.

The simple fact is that masks aren't designed for, nor are they capable of, blocking viruses. They can only reduce the large droplets of saliva/mucus. So what? Don't cough or sneeze in other people's faces. It's not difficult. We've been doing this in society for a very long time now.

If you really want to avoid getting some sort of infection from someone else, then avoid people. That's your only chance. I simply didn't care because I knew immediately that they weren't dangerous (because we get sick from other coronaviruses; the common cold). I also knew media kikes were latching onto it really strongly and we're going to use it to create draconian laws, spend more money, make money from fear (ads), and blame Trump. It was all obvious from the first day of hearing about it last year.

Quote:
i think you'd better explain the effect humidity has on transmission to the rest of us rubes.
I figured I'd have to. Water vapor in air mixes with virus-laden aerosolized breathing (with and without a mask). Higher humidity, let alone normally more accommodating temperatures with it, means it's easier for the vapor to stay in the air.

Last edited by Validuz; 10-22-2020 at 22:41..
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
119 - 10-22-2020, 23:15
wear your mask ****tard

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
120 - 10-23-2020, 04:49
Quote:
wear your mask ****tard
No, *****. Stop worrying about something that has a 0.06% fatality rate, and that's giving the full ~250k people are only from COVID and at least half aren't from people who have other issues NOT going the hospitals and dying pointlessly due to COVID panic.

Last edited by Validuz; 10-23-2020 at 05:03..
Page 6 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Rona has hit Biden/Harris

Social Website Bullshit