[Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please] by telos - Page 202 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]
Page 202 of 229
Lamb
VeteranX
Old
4021 - 04-08-2009, 16:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
If nothing can be done, I say we crash the wedding.
i've got time, and no life

Sponsored Links
FargoBear
Veteran++
Old
4022 - 04-08-2009, 16:30
I actually felt ill this morning when I found out you didn't win. That makes no sense. I don't even know you. Must be some sort of pseudo commiserative/homosexual thing going on there.

NAT Mav
TW Racing++
Old
4023 - 04-08-2009, 16:46
The facts are:

TW has a 200+ page thread about this contest
The XBox fags have 4 pages

TW has detailed tracking of votes throughout the contest showing obvious irregularities in the voting process
The XBox fags have nothing

TW has a list of 339 individual TW user accounts that have independently voted, and those are just the ones that posted
The XBox fags have nothing

TW has a 10+ year old community of dedicated gamers supporting one of our own
The XBox fags have a bunch of random kids that want to win a free XBox

It's painfully obvious that TW was much more capable of organizing the effort required to generate the number of votes cast than the XBox crew were. Regardless of any rules violation you may or may not have committed, the XBox crew's votes should have come under even more scrutiny than those of TW.

Bottom line is, either you win, you both win, or you both lose. There is no reasonable explanation for #2 winning.

Ksera
VeteranX
Old
4024 - 04-08-2009, 16:49
telos, PM sent. I will get you a website up and running I just need to be brought up on the situation. One of the guys I work with is one of Chase's PR reps and is willing to help write up a good blurb if we can get supporting documents to support your cause.

A few round through Digg, Myspace, facebook ect should get the campaign going well. Hell Nissian itself might not like the bad press and pony up.

ShartShooter
Trump2024XV
Old
4025 - 04-08-2009, 16:50

I say we blow the ****ers up.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
4026 - 04-08-2009, 16:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShooter View Post

I say we blow the ****ers up.

telos
VeteranXV
Old
4027 - 04-08-2009, 16:58
Got another e-mail from the contest admins....
Quote:
Dear Brandan & Gabrielle:

While I appreciate your passionate pursuit of knowledge, concerning every aspect of our administration of this contest, we are under no obligation nor do we intend to publicly release proprietary information to the public. Further, we are unwilling to engage in a continuing back and forth dialogue which will serve neither of us, as the contest is over and our decision is final.

As a courtesy, I will address a few points.

1. The contest and voting were continuously monitored.

2. Any votes deducted, or voters ***8220;locked out***8221;, were only reinstated upon an appropriate exchange of information.

3. The audit of the votes was conducted by two separate teams, in two different offices, without any advance knowledge of the other***8217;s findings.

4. There is no burden on us to prove ***8220;wrong doing***8221; and we have not accused you of cheating or condoning cheating

5. The content (below) of the notice you received is neither conflicting, nor ambiguous. It clearly defines our authority to act as we have.

***8220;Prior to voting, Voters must register by providing the required information at www.feldmannnissan.com. Voting is limited to one vote, per day, per registered Voter. Each Voter may only use one email address to vote.

Feldmann Nissan reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant, including the Winning Contestant, who, in Feldmann Nissan***8217;s sole discretion, is not acting in good faith, violates Contest rules, or displays conduct that is detrimental to the image of Feldmann Nissan.

This Contest shall be administered by an Agent of Feldmann Nissan. The decisions of the administrators are final and not subject to challenge.***8221;

Again, we thank you for your participation and wish you both the best in your future together.

Sincerely,

Scott Toland
Still waiting to see what feldmann has to say.

telos
VeteranXV
Old
4028 - 04-08-2009, 16:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksera View Post
telos, PM sent. I will get you a website up and running I just need to be brought up on the situation. One of the guys I work with is one of Chase's PR reps and is willing to help write up a good blurb if we can get supporting documents to support your cause.

A few round through Digg, Myspace, facebook ect should get the campaign going well. Hell Nissian itself might not like the bad press and pony up.
Nat mav did a pretty good summary.

on top of that we have 600 people in our facebook group.

graphs of the final 18 days can be found here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...Ds1AyGBg&hl=en

I'll add more later.

blazindave
Veteran
Old
4029 - 04-08-2009, 17:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithed View Post
Look dude I am trying to help you here!

Len Tillem is a lawyer in the bay area who answers legal questions on the radio for free. You can also contact him by email:
KGO AM 810 Newstalk Radio, San Francisco.
[email protected]

Just contact a real independent lawyer. I seriously hope that the "lawyers" that you have contacted are not TW lawyers.
This is actually a good idea. It can get the ball rolling and there will be a public outcry.

Sir Lucius
VeteranXX
Old
4030 - 04-08-2009, 17:02
Ah, so you lost this thing huh? If it's not DQ'd for looking like cheat flooding it's usually DQ'd for cheat sabotaging. These internet vote things are always rigged, and when the contest organizers don't get the results they want they simply change the rules.

I'm not surprised.

Ksera
VeteranX
Old
4031 - 04-08-2009, 17:04
I will start tonight when I get home from work and see what I can put together.

Also, this is the company that ran the contest. Sale in a Box

Icey
VeteranX
Old
4032 - 04-08-2009, 17:05
Wow. They are just begging for a lawsuit. Seriously.

They're basically saying "we're not accusing you of cheating, but we'll just give the prize to whomever we want because we wrote in a clause that says we have the right to arbitrarily disqualify a contestant at our "sole discretion, [who] is not acting in good faith, violates Contest rules, or displays conduct that is detrimental to the image of Feldmann Nissan."

Too bad if you do sue them that they would actually have to prove that they weren't simply discriminating or rigging the contest because by admitting you didn't cheat or condoning cheating, they have no reasonable rationale for determining that you didn't act in good faith or injured the brand name. They have absolutely nothing to stand on when it comes to that.

They can throw people out if they have even a slightly legit reason. By admitting, in writing, that they're not accusing you of cheating cheating or condoning cheating, they just blew out any legit reason for DQing you. Open and shut case honestly. This is a violation of contract law.

Last edited by Icey; 04-08-2009 at 17:08..
Phyzx
VeteranXX
Old
4033 - 04-08-2009, 17:09
I guess its obvious I'm never buying a car from Feldmann Nissan.

Yankee
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4034 - 04-08-2009, 17:09
don't you have a local "call for help" TV reporter? They would eat this **** up.

DV
VeteranXV
Old
4035 - 04-08-2009, 17:09
Wait for a response from Feldman, and if it's anything like that.... We need to start the train rolling on the media campaign.

We'll need the form letter I mentioned earlier that can be mass emailed to feldman/sponsors/company that ran contest/media.

Website.

Digg

Myspace

Facebook

And anything anyone else can think of. All of this well written and polite as hell, they've already ****ed you out of this... but if they don't do something to resolve the bull**** ****ing you've recived. We need to lay the ****ing Hammer down.

Also, Fool..... I agree if all else fails we crash the wedding.

Texas Dragon
VeteranXX
Old
4036 - 04-08-2009, 17:11
this is ridiculous.

Fate
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4037 - 04-08-2009, 17:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksera View Post
Also, this is the company that ran the contest. Sale in a Box
Well then they should play a prominent role in your web page shouldn't they? Very cool of you to offer to help. I wish I had skillz.

edit:
this clause
Quote:
This Contest shall be administered by an Agent of Feldmann Nissan. The decisions of the administrators are final and not subject to challenge.
isn't worth the time it took to write...in Canada. Companies throw that in to contracts hoping it convinces people to go away, but in the court of law, it means nothing. Companies are still held to "fair play" standards and their decisions are open to challenge.

Last edited by Fate; 04-08-2009 at 17:17..
confidential
VeteranX
Old
4038 - 04-08-2009, 17:15
ok so they are saying that you didn't cheat

and you ended up with more votes than the other couple

and the couple with the most votes wins

so why the **** do you not win? they're not saying you cheated and you got them most votes. am i missing something here

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
4039 - 04-08-2009, 17:15
Someone should send this to Stephen Colbert and see if he'll lump it in with his NASA war.

[PoE]Anthem
VeteranXX
Old
4040 - 04-08-2009, 17:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
Got another e-mail from the contest admins....

Still waiting to see what feldmann has to say.
Quote:
Dear Brandan & Gabrielle:

While I appreciate your [blah blah and screw you, etc.]

Sincerely,

Scott Toland
Man, that whole email got under my skin! If it were my name at the top I'm sure blood would be boiling.

I suspect Scott Toland just chose the wrong week to be Scott Toland.

Last edited by [PoE]Anthem; 04-08-2009 at 17:23..
Page 202 of 229

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
defcon 1 , defcon 2 , fuck nissan , hack the gibson , nissan sucks traps , telos is a pussy , telos is spineless