[HM:Crasher] New 1.40 Anti-Happymod

Laughing-Stork

Veteran XV
It's not quite finished, but I'd like to see how this goes.

Here's the deal:

We have a plugin that crashes happymod. If you use this plugin, you can't use happymod. So if you download this plugin and install it, you aren't cheating.

Ok, this is great, but I have enough decency to control my will to cheat, stork.

Well, I have added a new lasthope scan that searches clients for this plugin. Once the server gets each client's results, it displays them in the tab menu under "HM:Crasher:" when you select clients. So if a client shows "HM:Crasher: Yes", he isn't running happymod. BUT if a client shows "HM:Crasher: No", it doesn't mean for sure that he's cheating. Because this is a 1.40 plugin only, the 1.30 clients will show as "HM:Crasher: No". But with lasthope2009 running on the server, 1.30 clients should be cheat free.

So the breakdown goes as this:
1.40 client showing "HM:Crasher: Yes" = happymod free
1.40 client showing "HM:Crasher: No" = possibly running happymod
1.30 client showing "HM:Crasher: No" = happymod free(at least i think so :D)

It takes a while to get each client's results, usually a minute or so after they've joined the server. So don't expect this to be instant. Lasthope2009 will continue to randomly scan clients as the map goes on.

I'm only running the serverside stuff on Tribalwar Throwback atm. Eventually I'd like to add a scan that can tell me what each client's version of tribes is. That way people won't be able to lie a "HM:Crasher: No" by saying "I'm on 1.30".

This is not a mandatory install. Only install this if you'd like to say "Hey, I'm cheat free." and have the server back you up on it.

Download 1.40 only:
HM-Crasher.zip

Thanks to MJ(creator), bugs_(supplied two files I needed), opsayo(helped)

Disclaimer and etc:
I didn't create this plugin. I have no idea how easy/hard it is to bypass it. MJ and bugs_ probably don't even support this idea. I really don't know much other than this plugin crashes happymod. I'm not saying this will revive tribes and the cheats are gone forever. I just hope those who have the power to create a bypass for this, choose to help the game rather than destroy it.

sshot0011o.jpg

btw stork put a good amount of his own time to figure out how to make this work and it does prevent ppl from using the happymod that is currently rampant so

now rayn waste money on server for sure

ur gonna have like 3 people with plugin yes and 8 people with plugin no and start cheat arguments all night

so to avoid this people just wont play on that server

avoided

this would be good thing if it was fully server side like lasthope was

but its not. now its like saying "im a nigger" or "im a cracker" and 2 sides goin to war.

this is tribe racism. start race wars.

to avoid that, everyone can just stop hacking. but they wont. they never will until forced to.

Last edited:
If this worked and I added the part telling us what version each client is running, why wouldn't every 1.40 user install this plugin?

Do you like people thinking you're a cheater, libra?

If not, install the plugin and have lasthope tell everyone that you aren't running happymod.

People who don't install the plugin will look p shady.

They will look shady but they wont care when 80% of the server is goin to look shady with them. People are just goin to avoid the server altogether more so than the already do.
Mav isn't going to put it on his server because he doesnt care who hack
Also I could care less who thinks who hacks I'm still goin to play everyday and enjoy myself

Back