T3's art direction makes me cry

T:V’s “art direction” will change and be modified as it was with T1 and T2 and I think it is too early to be judging anything right now.

Yaason said:
the heavy i like. it looks like it would be slow, durible, and can hold lots of weapons. everything you expect in a heavy. the fem is sexy but i would have slimmed down the boots a little or given her some more armor. it just doesnt look right to me to have that much for her shins and everything else is protected by a thin layer of leather

Yeah, really. When she gets hit by chaingun fire, are the bullets just gonna decide not to pierce her skintight leather catsuit because they think her outfit is too sexy to ruin?

Why don't they take inspiration from another of my upcoming favorite games

SC: Ghost

Nova is hawt

art28.jpg

art32.jpg

art30.jpg

MST3K-rules said:
Yeah, really. When she gets hit by chaingun fire, are the bullets just gonna decide not to pierce her skintight leather catsuit because they think her outfit is too sexy to ruin?

Hell yes! Who would want to hurt such a sweet looking thing? Why, she can cap my flag anytime. I'd just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Maybe there will be a real "naked" element when you spawn. Meaning not even light armor, but totally without any armor? Maybe, maybe not. :p

I personally love the boots. Reminds me of that one girl on the "plasma skates" from Quake 3.

Now this is what I'm talking about: http://www.planettribes.com/images/image.asp?/tribes/images/ds_art.jpg

That fucking pwned. Where's my sword in T3? Its the futuristic feel of mixed with a little medieval flare that I liked in tribes.

And has anyone else noticed that Julia has the Diamond Sword color scheme and a starwolf symbol (or at least thats what it looks like - sorry, assumption there) on her shoulder pad? BLOOPS.

They might as well rename Pheonix to cyber-pheonix or mechanized-pheonix, because thats where they're going with the concept.

I know its pretty early to be judging, and if the art direction changes I'll be incredibley happy. If it doesn't, I'll keep bitching until release and hope that someone at Irrational (haha that would make a good pun) will actually consider what I'm saying before the game is released.

Tribes to me is a timeless future. That heavy is definately not timeless.

And Nova has a nice butt. At least blizzard has a good art team that stays true to the visual style of past games from the same franchise.

That heavy looks like he rox my world if you ask me, it add the sense that there actually IS a person underneath all that armor plating and actuators. T1 you where a tub with legs and a mortar, T2....well..the 80's is gone, no more hugemongous shoulderpads and reflective faceplate.

but the cunky crap on julias legs has gotta go...make it smoother and let it go further up the leg like in the T1 manual artwork.

even still these are just quickly made scraps to appease the hungry masses and they will most likely change them in the future as the development progresses.

so just chill out

FSB-SPY said:
Maybe there will be a real "naked" element when you spawn. Meaning not even light armor, but totally without any armor? Maybe, maybe not. :p

I personally love the boots. Reminds me of that one girl on the "plasma skates" from Quake 3.

slash :p

i use her in 1v1's b/c she has that cool backflip for a jump

Whats funny is we probably have good enough computers to recreate the Tribes 1 artwork. IMHo that would be awesome.

My favourite parts were not the characters but the floating bases...that was one of the things that drew me to tribes from the screenshots.

I like the new art style though and I'm looking forward to TriV.

MST3K-rules said:
Gosh, I wonder if they may have something like kevlar only better 1500 years in the future? Nah, never happen. They'll just wear goat leather.

:heart:

maybe the heavy looks boxy because T:V is a prequel

as an actual artist, much love to the concepts, i think they look great.

Isn't the tribal bullshit line for this kind of thing something like: "Each player has a personal shield generator that somewhat reduces impact damage -- but it's invisable."

Back