Problem with the updates...

The Cavalier

Veteran X
Hi, I've just re-installed Tribes to re-do my config, and I came across a problem. The disc I got was version 1.8, and I downloaded the updates from this site to update it to version 1.11 (1.8 to 1.11). However, the update didn't work. I opened it, and it told me it was preparing the wizard to install the update. However, It immediatley went away and nothing ever happened.

I got 1.8 to 1.9, and that worked ok. My plan was to go from 1.8 to 1.9, 1.9 to 1.10, 1.10 to 1.105, and 1.105 to 1.11. None of these worked besides 1.8 to 1.9. The automatic update feature that came with tribes only got it to version 1.9 also.

I'm really at a loss here for what to do. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my computer, and other .exe files are working, even the 1.8 to 1.9 update. I got it from several diffrent sources ( I had a copy on my computer that had worked properly before, I got one from this site, and one from the www.tacusa.net files section) and none work. I also tried these on another computer, and they worked.

Anyone ever hear of something like this, or know of some setting that I could change to open this. Thanks for your help

Back