What's your alcoholic outlet? by Plasmatic - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page What's your alcoholic outlet?
Page 3 of 4
aScotiA
VeteranXX
Old
41 - 09-30-2017, 02:02
I used to keep my fridge stocked with beers and would usually drink 2-3 at the end of the day. Then I realized it was entirely pointless to intake hundreds of calories late at night just for a slight buzz.

After that epiphany, I bought a handle of JW Black Label and I'll make a drink on the rocks once every couple weeks on average. Life is better without alcohol most of the time, but that doesn't hold me back when the time is right.

Sponsored Links
Channel 0
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 09-30-2017, 12:59
I drink everything. What I drink depends on the atmosphere. Where I am, the time of year, what I'm doing, etc.

Summer, when I'm at BBQs, camping, or a patio bar, it's usually cold beer. I prefer heavier beers like stouts and porters. If I'm going to be having a few, I'll usually switch to a lighter lager. Craft breweries are huge right now, so there are always a ton of new beers to explore. Beer is usually my go-to at any bar, because it's really hard to screw up pouring a pint.

Fall and winter, I usually prefer wine and cocktails. Last year I decided to learn about wine because I never really understood it. I would go to the liquor store and choose a bottle based on how the label looked. Spent a few months exclusively drinking French wines. Reading about the regions, the geography, the geology. Learned how to taste using a simplified tasting grid. Fell down the rabbit hole pretty deep. This year, I think I'm going to "study" Spanish wine.

Cocktails have also been a huge thing for me the last 3-4 years. I've loosely followed The Spirited Awards for bar recommendations, and have gone to many of the "best" cocktail bars in London, Paris, etc. Will hopefully be hitting NYC this fall to visit a few of the greats there. It's fun to explore the original cocktails at these bars, but when I'm at home I usually fall back on the classics: Negroni variations, Old Fashioned, Aviation, Last Word, Martinez, etc.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
43 - 09-30-2017, 15:56
Wine and gin mostly. I should slow down a bit. Or a lot.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
44 - 09-30-2017, 15:58
I'm gonna do Drytober from tomorrow, normally do a month once or twice a year. Might see if i can stretch it to 6 weeks until I go to Vegas.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
45 - 09-30-2017, 16:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
I'm gonna do Drytober from tomorrow, normally do a month once or twice a year. Might see if i can stretch it to 6 weeks until I go to Vegas.
i hear it is better to just get stoned in Dubai

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
46 - 10-01-2017, 01:36
My outlet for alcohol? Most of it comes out of my dick. Back when I was in my 20s some of it would come out my mouth. Cheap lager feels like it comes out the ass but that could be the curry. I am pretty sure some of it comes out in sweat. But yeah, mostly the penis.

Akela
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
47 - 10-01-2017, 02:55
Wine with food most of the time. Beer if BBQ or texmex. Otherwise it's mostly prosecco, cosmopolitans, margaritas and whisky sours. Occasionally a G&T.

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
48 - 10-01-2017, 12:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tele View Post
problem is that alcohol itself is essentially sugar

yeasties eat sugar chains to make alcohol + CO2

but we just nutritionally count and consider it differently

And i see why because it is insane when you think of it that way.......

Gin, rum, vodka, whiskey, tequila
Calories = 97 (per 1.5 ounces)

Brandy, cognac
Calories = 98 (per 1.5 ounces)

imagine drinking 12 ounces of any distilled product

only way to lighten that up is to take out the alcohol and simply water it down.

get you some lite ciders or mix it with something less caloric.......like water, carbonated water, or other diet drinks
As one doctor explained, When you drink alcohol, it turns to acetate and your body switches to burning that versus sugars and fats. It doesn't really matter how much calories are in a drink. Until the booze is processed, those sugars and fats sit on the sidelines. Thats really why people get fat drinking, not from the calories from the drink itself.

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
49 - 10-01-2017, 12:42
Whisky mostly. Beer if i go out

Bodom
VeteranXX
Old
50 - 10-01-2017, 12:44
wine (chardonnay/malbec/pinot noirs are favs), beer (sours, belgians are favs, generally avoid pale ales, IPAs) then bourbon.

Buk Naked
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 10-01-2017, 13:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post
I don't know how old you are but there is a age that comes where getting drunk is just too brutal.

When I was a kid I would work 12 hours, drink for 6, sleep 6 and go to work.. Every day I did that. Now it takes me 3 days to get over a good drunk
I'm getting where I just stick to beer. Vodka, Tequila and the Captain have kicked my ass just too many times.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
52 - 10-01-2017, 14:01
I stopped drinking like 5 years ago. But I still have one bottle of crown royal left that I'll take a shot from occasionally. But once that bottle is empty, it's forever time.

Also, I sometimes enjoy a beer with my cheeseburger.

Rulide
VeteranXX
Old
53 - 10-01-2017, 14:06
I generally just like the odd beer a couple of times a week. If I'm working a long roster beer throws me around too much. That said I just got back from Ireland and that was a pretty bingey affair.... time and a place for everything.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
54 - 10-01-2017, 15:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooBySnaCk View Post
As one doctor explained, When you drink alcohol, it turns to acetate and your body switches to burning that versus sugars and fats. It doesn't really matter how much calories are in a drink. Until the booze is processed, those sugars and fats sit on the sidelines. Thats really why people get fat drinking, not from the calories from the drink itself.
that is good stuff...thank you scoobs for the elaboration

yeah they count alcohol sugars differently in nutritional analysis

in those diabetic candy bars, snacks , they don't usually attribute them any calories at all which i always thought from a thermo, conservation of energy, standpoint seemed shady as **** and borderline dishonest

but how you explain this helps to explain that position better

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 10-01-2017, 16:16
red wine

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
56 - 10-01-2017, 16:20
I default to gin & tonic, but I also like cider. I like to switch things up a little every now and again though, whisky + coke etc.

arsin
Veteran++
Old
57 - 10-04-2017, 20:31
cheep beer and good friend

Once in a while I get HAMMERED with the boys, soundly BLITZKREIGED with a truly bottled mind.

And wine with my women also poured on her snatch taking the initial 'bite' out of a good tongue lashing

Have a cabinet full of full bottles o' booze to bottle my mind at some future point in time.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
58 - 10-04-2017, 20:34
Cognac, scotch, and 20 year port.

Tequila too actually.

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
59 - 10-04-2017, 20:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
red wine
***** drink

cancer
VeteranXX
Old
60 - 10-04-2017, 22:15
home - beer
out - old fashioned

Page 3 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page What's your alcoholic outlet?

Social Website Bullshit