[Legions] What pissses me off the most by Wish Bear - Page 14 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Legions] What pissses me off the most
Page 14 of 25
KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
261 - 06-27-2008, 14:14
Hey cool sig, where did you get it?

Sponsored Links
TAA WAR
VeteranXV
Old
262 - 06-27-2008, 14:19
I think its an ok start, but I am worried about the future with only Munge working on the game full time. I think they jumped the gun early on beta with people going to get tired of the game really fast.

Fox
VeteranX
Old
263 - 06-27-2008, 16:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAA WAR View Post
I think its an ok start, but I am worried about the future with only Munge working on the game full time. I think they jumped the gun early on beta with people going to get tired of the game really fast.
I agree. The pace is pretty slow with that poor guy working crazy hours. I kinda wish the customizing/mapping/modding parts of the game would be done so the community and jump-start their own projects and inject new content into Legions.

Another reason I have in the back of my mind, I don't think Legions will be a game I want to play.

elton
VeteranX
Old
264 - 06-27-2008, 17:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheex View Post
What distinguishes legions from tribes besides overdrive?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL1403hbgq8

kesh
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
265 - 06-27-2008, 18:01
nice, the first four blue runs all use the same end route

im sure that will really flabbergast the defense

Darkstrand
VeteranX
Old
266 - 06-27-2008, 18:02
I think part of what makes legions so retarded is how easy people change directions at incredible speeds

Killjoy
VeteranXX
Old
267 - 06-27-2008, 18:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by elton View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL1403hbgq8

too bad one good D will **** that all up

like me

Fox
VeteranX
Old
268 - 06-27-2008, 18:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstrand View Post
I think part of what makes legions so retarded is how easy people change directions at incredible speeds
To be honest, overdrive reminds me of the grappler from T:V. Aside from changing directions rapidly, just seems like the terrain isn't as important anymore. I'd like to see the terrain play a larger role but it's hard to tell with the current small maps.

perro
VeteranXV
Old
269 - 06-27-2008, 18:18
at the cost of health ds, just like a disc jump...

od is actually a really fun and interesting addition to the gameplay. it does not feel gimmicky, it is not overpowered, and it keeps you guessing with regard to cappers.

I personally don't think legions is going to be a huge success, but i also don't care. it will certainly be moderately successful and continue as such for a while because of its accessibility and price. i certainly have a lot of fun playing it and i continue to figure out new things in game and improve overall. the best games typically are around ten people at the moment and i really only pub, so it doesnt honestly matter how popular it is.

Oh, and all the dumb****s who are talking about reaching max speed so easily and MAing like crazy after a day have no idea what they are talking about. seriously...think about it. did you master tribes in a single day and get bored and walk away? I have been playing the hell out of this game and dominate pubs and i get a few MA's a map at most typically...and I could MA like a mother****er in tribes 1. also, as far as I can tell there is no max speed and I have hit around 260 on certain routes but you have to hit everything perfectly. the game is simply more complex and more difficult to master than tribes with regard to the physics and fighting. at its core, it's faster and there are simply more elements to master. i for one enjoy the challenge...

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
270 - 06-27-2008, 18:24
so wait some people are saying its too easy to MA and others are saying its too easy to change directions and dodge

perro
VeteranXV
Old
271 - 06-27-2008, 18:27
they have played for a day and are speaking out of their newbie asses

with the current build it is neither...

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
272 - 06-27-2008, 18:27
Looks like there's no pre-planning to any of these routes. The beauty of Tribes skiing is that if you make one mistake at the beginning of your route you could easily be ****ed at have to start over, unless you have a secondary route you can slop together. Every step counts. With Legions it looks like you can ski wherever the **** you want and then press the overdrive key and you're good to go.

perro
VeteranXV
Old
273 - 06-27-2008, 18:29
rofl^

edit: PLAY THE ****ING GAME! seriously, stop basing all of your opinions on videos of old builds and comments from outspoken haters. tribes is FAR more forgiving with regard to routes and maintaining momentum than legions...

and OD isnt used for speed, its used for changing direction at speed. if you want speed a rocket jump will give you about twice the boost OD will, especially when youre going faster than 130. people who use OD for speed dont understand that they are slow as **** and losing health and jet for no reason.

Last edited by perro; 06-27-2008 at 18:33..
KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
274 - 06-27-2008, 18:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by perro View Post
the game is simply more complex and more difficult to master than tribes with regard to the physics and fighting. at its core, it's faster and there are simply more elements to master. i for one enjoy the challenge...
Replace every adjective you just used with "tedious".

Darkstrand
VeteranX
Old
275 - 06-27-2008, 18:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by perro View Post
at the cost of health ds, just like a disc jump...

od is actually a really fun and interesting addition to the gameplay. it does not feel gimmicky, it is not overpowered, and it keeps you guessing with regard to cappers.

I personally don't think legions is going to be a huge success, but i also don't care. it will certainly be moderately successful and continue as such for a while because of its accessibility and price. i certainly have a lot of fun playing it and i continue to figure out new things in game and improve overall. the best games typically are around ten people at the moment and i really only pub, so it doesnt honestly matter how popular it is.

Oh, and all the dumb****s who are talking about reaching max speed so easily and MAing like crazy after a day have no idea what they are talking about. seriously...think about it. did you master tribes in a single day and get bored and walk away? I have been playing the hell out of this game and dominate pubs and i get a few MA's a map at most typically...and I could MA like a mother****er in tribes 1. also, as far as I can tell there is no max speed and I have hit around 260 on certain routes but you have to hit everything perfectly. the game is simply more complex and more difficult to master than tribes with regard to the physics and fighting. at its core, it's faster and there are simply more elements to master. i for one enjoy the challenge...
yeah a disc jump doesn't work like that. OD is about a million times better than a disc jump

perro
VeteranXV
Old
276 - 06-27-2008, 18:37
i dont find it tedious...was learning tribes tedious? im not sure i understand why its any more or less "tedious". personally, i find ground hugging point and shoot games tedious. games that challenge me are fun.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
277 - 06-27-2008, 18:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
To be honest, overdrive reminds me of the grappler from T:V. Aside from changing directions rapidly, just seems like the terrain isn't as important anymore. I'd like to see the terrain play a larger role but it's hard to tell with the current small maps.
On that topic, where the **** is the new map? Where the **** is the Outrider class?

Where the **** are the heavier, harder to master physics that were supposed to be there instead of the simple, easy **** currently present in the OB build? Oh, and why the hell is the scoreboarding/grayscreen bug still present after a week and a half? It's game-breaking. It's kept myself and I'm sure countless others from playing for 10 minutes at a time. How about the multitude of other assorted bugs that are keeping people who should be able to play from playing? I like Legions. But if **** doesn't get done by next week's update, Legions is gonna have problems.

Legions has potential. But **** like this doesn't bode well for it reaching it. Why they'd be as good as they were when it came to fixing **** up to this point and then choke is beyond me. The prioritizing seems to have gotten ****ed up.

We'll see where things stand after the next build or two. Until they start delivering, I'm done defending this ****. See you all in a week or so.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
278 - 06-27-2008, 18:46
Quote:
Game must be too fast for you , its ok gramps T1 will always be there for you.

perro
VeteranXV
Old
279 - 06-27-2008, 18:46
od allows added maneuverability at speed for a health cost.

a disc jump doesn't offer you extra speed at a health cost?

each gives you some movement advantage at a health cost...

I would hardly call one better or worse than the other...they each have their uses. if you are running a route and want speed you disc jump (rocket jump in legions) because you instantly get a huge boost in speed. you wouldnt use OD because if youre going 130+ the speed boost would be negligible or you may even lose speed, not to mention if youre going in a straight line it would be a slow and painful waste. if youre interested in juking a bunch of defenders or make a sneaky grab then OD is great, but you wont be going very fast and you will be down half health. and if you get hit during the OD you will likely end up ODing to death.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
280 - 06-27-2008, 18:50
Quote:
yeah a disc jump doesn't work like that. OD is about a million times better than a disc jump
Not really, considering you get height and speed much QUICKER with a rocket jump than you do with overdrive, they both have their uses. Also you wouldn't have any idea since you don't actually play the game.

BUT OMG WTF DIRECTIONAL CHANGES AT SUPER HIGH SPEED, aren't actually possible. At all. And since your either a ****ing retarded peice of ****, or trolling (probably both) you'll most likely argue this point even though EVERYONE who plays the game knows otherwise.

edit : unless you hit a wall or a curve in a hill and perfectly time a rocket jump, similar to a high speed directional change in T1.

A direct flip 180 in overdrive takes you all the way down to 10-20 and then builds back up from there. A smart defender can cut off a player flipping a 180 in overdrive , do a single rocket jump and catch up.

A broad 180 in overdrive loses between 40-60, and a steady overdrive in a straight line will slowly build speed.

It doesn't suprise me that you don't know what you are talking about, and I don't know why I just wasted time correcting you (darkstrand) because you'll probably come back with some lame ****ing attempt to argue with me about something you have absolutely zero knowledge on.

Page 14 of 25

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Legions] What pissses me off the most

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
anal dog sex , badmofo is faggot , blitz sucks dev cock here , ender has herpes lol , fagmotron , free gon , i snipe cops , kill cops 4 great justice , legions , lolz browser , matthew dewald is fat , nerdvirgins , play in browser , rampancy sucks ia cock , t1>legions pos why play