opsayo u were rite

k so people dont like lasthope

dont run servers or clients with it

no ones ever forced this stuff on the community

no one is stopping anyone from running a 1.11 server and allowing any clients

the fact that people choose to play on servers with those protections means that non-cheaters want to play with other non-cheaters

they don't care if cheaters go and play on some other server

but no one does that because cheaters dont want a level playing field, they want an advantage and the only way they can get that is by cheating against people who aren't

we should not be splintering a 10-15 year old game at that late stage again damaging for everyone, even at 7-8 years old its a bad idea

k so people dont like lasthope

dont run servers or clients with it

no ones ever forced this stuff on the community

no one is stopping anyone from running a 1.11 server and allowing any clients

the fact that people choose to play on servers with those protections means that non-cheaters want to play with other non-cheaters

they don't care if cheaters go and play on some other server

but no one does that because cheaters dont want a level playing field, they want an advantage and the only way they can get that is by cheating against people who aren't

uhh you were clearly not around with the shit nonreg posr and other twl admins were pulling when lasthope first came out

to put this another way

because i was friends with nonreg

i rule fucked milkmans 3v3 arena team off the ladder (on a smurf name not connected to dare) by abusing this system

people were forcing lasthope very very much so

groove you realize nonreg and server admins bought cheats off nofix then basically forced lasthope to be used lol

it was to his advantage

this is why it was all messed up

of course i would get the bypass too and everyone ended up hacking in 5v5 LT pus against non reg and LH caused commoners to just quit the game cause they didnt want to install 2-3 versions of a 10 year old game

so you have the 20% best players still interpolating and the rest either not wanting to install lasthope and quiting or playing without interpolate and getting fucked

real fun for a casual gamer

dood he shut off the anticheat in matches and turned it back on right after and the only reason ppl figured it out was cuz someone joined without lasthope during a match by accident

nofix used to let me test his bypasses since i was friends with him and one of few people that agreed w/ his stance on cheating

i would see who he sold it too and it was pretty hilarious then of course it would get passed around to everyone within a week

he could even show me lists of who had it

meanwhile we lost half the gamers left in t1

its sad that some delusional people go this far out of their way to "save" shitty PU play for them and 10 other remaining players and justify it based on some religious zealot cheat witchhunting process in a 10-15 year old game cause their lives are so shallow that this is their remaining cause

ok you are doing us all such a justice!

another thing stork i know you think 1.41 is the lastest and greatest but when i mention interpolate being shut off you have to think back to 2004-2007 alright not opsayos final 1.41

this is why my convos seem to go over your head

your shallow view of tribes is not really the main era of LT

its sad that some delusional people go this far out of their way to "save" shitty PU play for them and 10 other remaining players and justify it based on some religious zealot cheat witchhunting process in a 10-15 year old game cause their lives are so shallow that this is their remaining cause

ok you are doing us all such a justice!

you're right but there is context i think. when there is real competition, real ladder, everyone should want it to be clean game; with more players and more egos it makes sense ppl were so zealous.

but its 2015 and there are only 20-30 ppl who play regularly, who cares i think when i get sick of vincent price's laugh i will just uninstall and play some of the 20 games sitting in steam library i havent touched gg

this is a good thread ifu want to read pedodemus crying about isuk using interpolate on him

yeah of course i was interping

nofix sent me a bypass the same day it was released

andrew still bypassed himself he even told me

this is a good insight for people like stork + opsayo to read to get a real knowledge of what was happening at this time

sLaM said:
Well I've been told by someone about the vulnerability and andrew will know about it as soon as he wakes up. Little punks like isuk@life always try and find a way to cheat but we'll patch it asap (will take andrew like 10 mins) so they'll have to spend another couple of weeks of their pathetic life hacking a 5 year old game.

Yes. isuck @ tribes guy showed me in the ATF server. He also claimed he can still nofog yesterday. Don't know about that one, but interpolate is confirmed.

:lol:

i just think its hilarious how history gets rewritten here all the time

like people can't even remember there were literally 3-5 versions of lasthope before 1.30 came out

and they cant remember the server populations before that etc etc but they still have some big opinion

whats weird to me is how andrew used interpolate all through e5 and his 5v5 team tribes masters but when it went public he patched it out

talk about being desperate to preserve your legacy as "best tribes player"

seems very similar to opsayo going from a 5th round pick in the last gasp LT tourney to using 1.40 behind everyone's backs to have that advantage of pft and becomes a first pick a few years later because he can out chain most ppl suddenly and then he goes on the forums and talks about how interpolate shouldn't be allowed and that it does nothing and you don't need to tweek it LoL

Tribes 1 Last Gasp LT Tourny by Dare - TribalWar Forums

hacking a 5 year old game.

giphy.gif

like someone could also argue the LT game type also killed tribes

many things have really hurt tribes populations

the multiple lasthope versions being released was just one thing

if not for various attempts at cheat protection i doubt anyone would still be playing

splinter the community or not, if no one liked anticheats they simply would have kept their 1.11 configs and played on 1.11 servers

there's nothing stopping anyone from putting up a 1.11 server and inviting everyone to play their 1998 configs on them

later versions are backward compatible so all you have to do is convince people to play there instead of commu

i dont get how that's impossible or improbable or even difficult

i just think its hilarious how history gets rewritten here all the time

like people can't even remember there were literally 3-5 versions of lasthope before 1.30 came out

and they cant remember the server populations before that etc etc but they still have some big opinion

whats weird to me is how andrew used interpolate all through e5 and his 5v5 team tribes masters but when it went public he patched it out

talk about being desperate to preserve your legacy as "best tribes player"

seems very similar to opsayo going from a 5th round pick in the last gasp LT tourney to using 1.40 behind everyone's backs to have that advantage of pft and becomes a first pick a few years later because he can out chain most ppl suddenly and then he goes on the forums and talks about how interpolate shouldn't be allowed and that it does nothing and you don't need to tweek it LoL

Tribes 1 Last Gasp LT Tourny by Dare - TribalWar Forums

agreed, i remember andrew taking particularly offense to redspider and tsi cg'ing a lot better quickly (among other things)

then u watch kov vs. -w- and u kno everyone terping

but objectively he tried to make game cleaner while otehrs didnt, whether it was to preserve legacy idk

this game shares a birth year with lewinsky blowing the prezzy jfc context

if not for various attempts at cheat protection i doubt anyone would still be playing

splinter the community or not, if no one liked anticheats they simply would have kept their 1.11 configs and played on 1.11 servers

there's nothing stopping anyone from putting up a 1.11 server and inviting everyone to play their 1998 configs on them

later versions are backward compatible so all you have to do is convince people to play there instead of commu

i dont get how that's impossible or improbable or even difficult

your opinion doesnt take into account things like people having a favorite server and tribes already being a small community when these things came out

this is why opsayos server recently never took off despite the community having an admin like maverick that admin abused for the majority of his servers life until recently

some people downloaded last hope other people just moved on to another game and stopped caring

Last edited:
i would argue that the LT PU's where the same 10 people were picked every night for many years in a row drove WAYYYYYYY more people away from the game than anticheats or versions of lasthope or server choices or pretty much everything else

Back