Reload this Page How to convert Unbelievers
Page 6 of 19
Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
101 - 07-05-2008, 02:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
The relationship between parent and child is first formed on the physical level. god doesn't show up on the physical level, so we cannot develop this kind of connection with him.

If he was really interested in developing this kind of bond with the rest of us, he would physically be there with us from the beginning.

It's like trying to develop a relationship with a parent, when you never see or hear from that parent, and all communication is through written letters or email.
You can still love someone through letters or email.

Sponsored Links
Skyler
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
102 - 07-05-2008, 02:11
troll

travelyan
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
103 - 07-05-2008, 02:13
imagine for a moment that he isn't trolling

because you know that most devout <religion>s talk this way

[OCA]Pain
VeteranXV
Old
104 - 07-05-2008, 02:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipher77 View Post
At one point in time, God was able to talk to us directly, but because of sin a barrier was put up between our God and ourselves. The only time a direct relationship was established again, was with Christ. The only time it will happen again is with the second coming and the time after that.
How can you live in a world that follows physical laws and at the same time believe in magical barriers?

As suggested before, you need to start with some basic logic

escapedturkey
Veteran4
Old
105 - 07-05-2008, 02:15
A lot of good reads here:

http://www.rickross.com

When I was working on an essay in a college class about cults, Mr. Ross was nice enough to provide some information over e-mail.

Last edited by escapedturkey; 07-05-2008 at 02:19..
Zulu
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
106 - 07-05-2008, 02:15
Imagine, if you will, an adventure not only of sight and sound, but of mind.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
107 - 07-05-2008, 02:16
I must thank tw for a second for strengthing my faith. A few days ago i was cussing on the mangina suicide thread acting like a fool. But for some odd reason I decided to make a Christianity thread. As a result, I can no longer go back to that pettiness otherwise I would blaspheme the Lord and all I tried to accomplish here.

Thank you for strenghtining my faith.

PS. I also cant spell.

Skyler
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
108 - 07-05-2008, 02:18
lol!

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
109 - 07-05-2008, 02:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by [OCA]Pain View Post
How can you live in a world that follows physical laws and at the same time believe in magical barriers?

As suggested before, you need to start with some basic logic
I admit you must feel or see something before you can actually believe it. If you were to take a moment of your time, and pray to the Lord for faith, you will have it. You will then feel what the Holy Spirit really is and see things through different eyes.

I have a Chrisitanity thread here somewhere, that has a good prayer I think you should try. It only takes a few seconds and you will be changed forever.

claudius
VeteranX
Old
110 - 07-05-2008, 02:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapedturkey View Post
A lot of good reads here:

http://www.rickross.com

When I was working on an essay in a college class about cults, Mr. Ross was nice enough to provide some information over e-mail.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmXaMUvM0Ko

mznthrope
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
111 - 07-05-2008, 02:26
Quote:
At one point in time, God was able to talk to us directly, but because of sin a barrier was put up between our God and ourselves. The only time a direct relationship was established again, was with Christ. The only time it will happen again is with the second coming and the time after that.
That's ridiculous. If an omnipotent being who created us and once was able to converse directly with us wanted to continue to do so, he simply would. Do you have even the faintest comprehension of the meaning of the word omnipotent? Or is he simply childishly peeved at Eve for eating a ****ing apple? Seems like quite a grudge for an omnipotent creature to hold.

Serious question: are you from the South?

Last edited by mznthrope; 07-05-2008 at 02:28..
[OCA]Pain
VeteranXV
Old
112 - 07-05-2008, 02:30
Quote:
I admit you must feel or see something before you can actually believe it. If you were to take a moment of your time, and pray to the Lord for faith, you will have it. You will then feel what the Holy Spirit really is and see things through different eyes.

I have a Chrisitanity thread here somewhere, that has a good prayer I think you should try. It only takes a few seconds and you will be changed forever.
See that's the thing. This is a subjective delusion/state of mind that you are describing. You can NOT empirically prove (or even disprove) a holy spirit. Yet the burden of proof is on anyone who believes it.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
113 - 07-05-2008, 02:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mznthrope View Post
That's ridiculous. If an omnipotent being who created us and once was able to converse directly with us wanted to continue to do so, he simply would. Do you have even the faintest comprehension of the meaning of the word omnipotent? Or is he simply childishly peeved at us for eating a ****ing apple?

Serious question: are you from the South?
Imagine if you had a child who was convicted of **** and murder and he was sentenced to life in prison. The only way you could talk to your child would be through that phone and the window. You could no longer touch him.

This is how it is with God.

I live in Oklahoma. But I grew up in a Air Force family and have lived in a variety of different countries and states.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
114 - 07-05-2008, 02:32
Quote:
See that's the thing. This is a subjective delusion/state of mind that you are describing. You can NOT empirically prove (or even disprove) a holy spirit. Yet the burden of proof is on anyone who believes it.
You are very correct. But I wouldnt consider it delusional. I wish things were easier so more people would believe. But consider this, Jesus healed and performed many miracles, and yet there were still unbelievers within the midst. Even Judas, someone who was very close to him, did not really believe.

mznthrope
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
115 - 07-05-2008, 02:33
Quote:
Imagine if you had a child who was convicted of **** and murder and he was sentenced to life in prison. The only way you could talk to your child would be through that phone and the window. You could no longer touch him.

This is how it is with God.

I live in Oklahoma. But I grew up in a Air Force family and have lived in a variety of different countries and states.
Your analogy is flawed. Communication via prison phone is direct communication. Thank you, please come again.

I'm beginning to believe you aren't a troll. Shame on you and your petty invisible friend.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
116 - 07-05-2008, 02:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mznthrope View Post
Your analogy is flawed. Communication via prison phone is direct communication. Thank you, please come again.

I'm beginning to believe you aren't a troll. Shame on you and your petty invisible friend.
It wasnt perfect sure, but it illustrates a point fair enough of how our relationship with God is.

[OCA]Pain
VeteranXV
Old
117 - 07-05-2008, 02:41
Quote:
You are very correct. But I wouldnt consider it delusional. I wish things were easier so more people would believe. But consider this, Jesus healed and performed many miracles, and yet there were still unbelievers within the midst. Even Judas, someone who was very close to him, did not really believe.
empiricism empiricism empiricism.

Unless you can go back in time and verify anything in the bible (let alone the "magical" stuff like miracles), you shouldn't base your life on things that are impossible to prove.

That being said, there are many things in the bible which are well worth following. But that's more along the lines of common sense anyways.

Stuttrboy
VeteranX
Old
118 - 07-05-2008, 02:43
Quote:
That's the whole point of metaphysics. You can't really prove anything. You may think you are typing on a computer and talking to people on the internet, but your mind could be playing tricks on you. You may be suffering from a unique brand of Schizophrenia and live in a fantasy world, but you couldn't tell because your senses may be playing tricks on you.

Tell you what. I'll let you use your experiences and observations in an argument, but only if you let me use mine. Dismissing a mystical experience as a delusion while at the same time using your own experiences is foolish and illogical.

Can you realistically tell me that the millions of people who have claimed to have seen, been touched by or in someway effected by a supernatural power are to be dismissed out of hand because you feel it was too subjective?

EDIT: There are particles that the simple act of observing them changes them. Who's to say faith doesn't work the same way.

Last edited by Stuttrboy; 07-05-2008 at 02:46..
escapedturkey
Veteran4
Old
119 - 07-05-2008, 02:43
Convert your faith into mathematics and you may have something, otherwise it's just a bunch of words.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
120 - 07-05-2008, 02:44
Quote:
empiricism empiricism empiricism.

Unless you can go back in time and verify anything in the bible (let alone the "magical" stuff like miracles), you shouldn't base your life on things that are impossible to prove.

That being said, there are many things in the bible which are well worth following. But that's more along the lines of common sense anyways.
Many people base their lives on money on the basic assumption that if you are rich you are happy. Yet there exists evidence that this isnt true. But why do people still follow it?

Page 6 of 19

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page How to convert Unbelievers

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
anthony maio , badmofo has a huge penis , ban this faggot , boner inducing , crucifiction , faggot thread , fartiusstinkius rocks , free gon , god couldn't be any gayer , historical inventions , kill the boy , matthew dewald is fat , sky-fairy myth , troll , zombie worship