Page 6 of 12
Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
101 - 03-05-2010, 00:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by krustyy View Post
fixt

My best guess is that it didn't start with anyone at newegg. Like I said, my first suspicion would be a shipper. Considering the amount of buying my company does with them, I have no doubt that it'll get fixed. I just hope they don't ask for the fake merchandise back, because I want to display them like trophies at my desk.
I'm surprised your company even deals with retailers. I would imagine a company as large as yours would have contracts with the manufacturers themselves.

Sponsored Links
krustyy
VeteranXX
Old
102 - 03-05-2010, 01:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcursion View Post
I'm surprised your company even deals with retailers. I would imagine a company as large as yours would have contracts with the manufacturers themselves.
A lot of retailers actually try to charge more for larger businesses. Dell, for example, holds a policy of ass raping people who need to order in bulk instead of giving them a discount. They hold to a policy of "want us to sell you more than 5 items at once? Then purchase a business account, where we mark up everything by 20% to allow you to buy in bulk." It's completely ass backwards.

I think newegg tried to assign us our own personal rep at one time. Not sure what ever came of it.

Geck0
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
103 - 03-05-2010, 01:08
Newegg drop ship out of independent disty warehouses, much the same as Insight do - it's all SAP driven and they even print and pack the resellers invoice for them. Very little inventory is actually warehoused by people like Newegg.

edited for spelling mistakes, I think my keyboard batteries need changing.

vawlk
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
104 - 03-05-2010, 01:34
I think krustyy is trying to scam newegg. He made those fake CPUs.

bam
VeteranXV
Old
105 - 03-05-2010, 01:35
Quote:
A lot of retailers actually try to charge more for larger businesses. Dell, for example, holds a policy of ass raping people who need to order in bulk instead of giving them a discount. They hold to a policy of "want us to sell you more than 5 items at once? Then purchase a business account, where we mark up everything by 20% to allow you to buy in bulk." It's completely ass backwards.

I think newegg tried to assign us our own personal rep at one time. Not sure what ever came of it.
I concur. The Dell "business accounts" are total horse****. Everything is way overpriced and significantly more than it's consumer counterpart.

Kiint
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
106 - 03-05-2010, 01:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam View Post
I concur. The Dell "business accounts" are total horse****. Everything is way overpriced and significantly more than it's consumer counterpart.
*shrug* get a new account manager, most of the time when we buy in bulk (10 or more) we get a small but none the less important discount which is often makes them cheaper than the consumer buy.

krustyy
VeteranXX
Old
107 - 03-05-2010, 01:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiint View Post
*shrug* get a new account manager, most of the time when we buy in bulk (10 or more) we get a small but none the less important discount which is often makes them cheaper than the consumer buy.
We've made purchases of up to about 2000 computers at a time. None of them get ordered from Dell because they try to charge extra for more than about 5 at a time.

vawlk
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
108 - 03-05-2010, 02:09
The price on 5 or less machines is the cheap milk in a chain grocery store.

They don't make much money off of those prices in the hopes that you add on all those way overpriced extras. They don't do this over 5 machines because usually that means that you have a set list of requirements and that you don't give a **** about the extras which would be a waste of money for them to sell the cpus to you for the SMB special pricing.

Hurricane Harold
VeteranX
Old
109 - 03-05-2010, 03:29
That fake heatsink is really cool.

Technetium
tuffy
Old
110 - 03-05-2010, 04:01
send me some fake heat sinks so I can fake them and scam newegg

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
111 - 03-05-2010, 04:42
krustyy at what company do you work?

Rooster!
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
112 - 03-05-2010, 07:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obibun View Post
Dude the thread is like 3 pages

are you that lazy?
No he's just an idiot and trying to cover up for it.

perrinoia
VeteranX
Old
113 - 03-05-2010, 08:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsfury View Post
sounds to me like you got shipped a Promotional "dummy" box by an idiot in the Newegg shipping department. Either that, or said somebody is smarter then they appear and are now enjoying the real CPU intended for you.

Companies will manufacturer "replica" packaging which simmulates the real deal so it can be placed on display without monetary risk. You then place something on a table or a shelf and not worry that someone will steal the real thing. Or, as is often done, you use the dummy boxes to create the illusion of "bulk" by filling an entire area on display with the "fakes".
Dummy boxes have the proper labeling but are either empty or filled with foam or other packing materials.

Demo units look real, but don't work, and are always shipped in non-descript (Doesn't say "Intel core i7" on it) and clearly labeled boxes (does say "demo" on it)...

This is neither of those... Clearly, those pictures depict the work of an intentional fraud... Someone swapped those carefully crafted fakes for the real thing... The question is who, how many other products have they stolen, how many more do they plan to steal, and how much crack do 5 core i7s trade for these days?

Newegg Support
Veteran++
Old
114 - 03-05-2010, 12:23
Quote:
Newegg ships 5 fake CPUs

We had an order of Corei7 920s come in recently.
Dear krusty

Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns regarding your recent purchase. I would like to investigate this issue further and can promise Newegg will work toward your satisfaction in this matter.

Please contact me at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or [email protected] so this can be investigated and I can assist you accordingly.

Thank You,
Newegg.com

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
115 - 03-05-2010, 12:25
And finally Newegg Support shows up.

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
116 - 03-05-2010, 12:27
NEWEGG SUPPORT SHOWING UP LIKE FEMA

Hobo Wino
VeteranXV
Old
117 - 03-05-2010, 12:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newegg Support View Post
Dear krusty

Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns regarding your recent purchase. I would like to investigate this issue further and can promise Newegg will work toward your satisfaction in this matter.

Please contact me at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or [email protected] so this can be investigated and I can assist you accordingly.

Thank You,
Newegg.com
hey look, support came and found you, how convenient

Jislan
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
118 - 03-05-2010, 12:33
joshua do you give mustache rides

John the Jammer
VeteranXV
Old