News: Tribes: Vengeance Skinning Contest

Since it's been mentioned several times, Harabec's original logo is this one:

We maintain a gallery of the original Starsiege Logos for posterity at TRP.

We also have a Gallery of Tribes 1 & 2 Iconography for those that are interested. The original Phoenix logo looked like this:

Edit\\Update: Found the original CoP flag layout and colors, as you can see. Personally I'd love to see someone do a sort of throw-back (or flash-forward) with the green and bronze scheme we saw in T1. That's still the best CoP skin theme ever IMO. Id do it myself, but this stuff oustripped my Photoshop abilities as soon as we started using Alpha channels and skins larger than 256x256. =(

As an aside, we're constantly on the lookout for images we might have missed that have historical value where the franchise is concerned. So if you see something we missed, or have a higher res version of something in the Gallery, please do let us know. The point of TRP is to be a living archive of the Universe and that means pictures as well as words. ;)

Last edited:
W.I.P.
Oh thank you for the nice replies so far and the helpful comments...Im going to post this skin at skinnersguild.com no matter what. I think that people wanting to use my skin already is good enough for me... :) Anyways I took what Thrax said to heart and made a double with less flames, but still working at it...I dont know I like all the flames on it. Im going to add to the feet as well...
Contest1double.jpg

Last edited:
Zero,
Skin looks great as always. I think more flames would look badass as well. Just as long as the skin doesn't completely kill my FPS while i play :p

-Glerp

Hey Zero. I knew as soon as I saw this contest you guys would jump on it. If we weren't so strapped for dev time I would have harassed you right away to do a throwback style skin, but I wasn't about to incur the wrath of the studded-leather-bossman.

I like what you came up with nonetheless though, and I'm with you on the flames. The amount you have on the right hand one looks fine to me. The only thing that doesn't jive for me is the top half of the shoulder plates. They rock, but they look like they belong to a different set of armor to me. This is definitely one I'm DLing and slapping in there. Love to see a whole set based on this theme.

notdone.jpg

Going for dark ages hammered steel look. Still lots of work to be done, lots. But I hope I finish it in time.

edit: this is without any bump mapping.

Kendo that suit rocks, but it looks very plain right now. Try some rivets, bolts, and maybe some paint lines or something. Sweet look overall, I'd definitely play in it.

Maniacal said:
what is an "in-game credit"

???

When you click on the credits page (which no one ever clicks on), your name will appear in 2 pitch font at the end of a 10-minute long cascading sheet, which will flash to black 0.2 seconds after your name appears in the lower right hand corner.

... or something to that effect.

G|ga said:
nice work. but i think you should change the eye color to something else than red. Doesn't really fit with the rest of the skin imo.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
Was thinking Green.

Back