[cnn] obama / gingrich / romney tax returns

a guy whose parents make income of 45k versus a guy whose parents make combined income of 80k also had a "tougher road" to success, but it's still his own road to success

also the fact that you were poorer doesn't make you a better commander in chief

a guy whose parents make income of 45k versus a guy whose parents make combined income of 80k also had a "tougher road" to success, but it's still his own road to success

huh? Who are you talking about? Where are you getting those numbers?

BTW, Mitt's dad also used to be the CEO of AMC:

Romney became what automotive writer Joe Sherman termed "a folk hero of the American auto industry"[75] and one of the first high-profile media-savvy business executives.

His focus on small cars as a challenge to AMC's domestic competitors, as well as the foreign-car invasion, was documented in the April 6, 1959, cover story of Time magazine, which concluded that "Romney has brought off singlehanded one of the most remarkable selling jobs in U.S. industry."[17] A full biography of him was published in 1960;[76] the company's resurgence made Romney a household name.[77]

The company's stock rose from $7 per share to $90 per share,[24] making Romney a millionaire from stock options.[78] However, whenever he felt his salary and bonus was excessively high for a year, he gave the excess back to the company.[78] After initial wariness, he developed a good relationship with United Automobile Workers leader Walter Reuther,[41] and AMC workers also benefited from a then-novel profit-sharing plan.[79] Romney was one of only a few Michigan corporate chiefs to support passage and implementation of the state Fair Employment Practices Act.[59]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Romney

truth, all it really does is give perspective on what its like to be poorer
and how to manipulate the fact that you were poor to gain empathy from the lower and middle class to influence your voting tallies

huh? Who are you talking about? Where are you getting those numbers?

BTW, Mitt's dad also used to be the CEO of AMC:

yes i know

the point is the reason Mitt is rich is not because he came from a rich family

the reason Mitt is rich is because he worked hard and made good career decisions and it paid off

people whine about it and complain that it's unfair, but in reality they're just not as motivated or intelligent or didn't make as good a number of decisions. granted it's not entirely their fault, maybe their parents never pushed them to work hard or emphasized education, but that's a parenting failure, not a broken socioeconomic system.

bill gates also came from a privileged family, and had a good situation growing up, but nobody points the finger at him and calls him a spoiled rich kid. it's just easier to do with politicians because (1) people always look for things to whine and bitch about not being fair, (2) the press sensationalizes it, and (3) yet again your average american is fucking lazy and stupid and doesn't get it so they jump on the bandwagon

i mean, fngrbang is a great example here. i'm sure his kids will be lazy and unmotivated and content making 60k per year, without raises, because that's what daddy taught them. they will go to a community college or shitty state school and work while in school, because Fngrbang wouldn't have taught them to work hard in high school and so they won't qualify for any scholarships, and making 60k/yr, he can't afford to pay for any mid-tier out of state school they get into. they will probably end up working in IT or as a nurse and turn into another version of their father.

meanwhile there will be a kid who bounced through 3 foster homes, ended up with some poor korean family running a dry cleaner that stressed education and helped him with his homework and forced him to study and get good grades. this kid worked hard in school, got good grades, earned a full ride to Harvard, and ended up going to wall street and balls out

the economic situation of your parents is not nearly as relevant as values and work ethic instilled on you by your parents.

it's just easier to do with politicians because (1) people always look for things to whine and bitch about not being fair, (2) the press sensationalizes it, and (3) yet again your average american is fucking lazy and stupid and doesn't get it so they jump on the bandwagon

I don't know what the fuck you have your panties in such a bunch over. Since when has how much a candidate made ever been a big issue? Sure it has always been brought up, nobody ever really gives a fuck. you are just a whiny fucking sandy vagina over a dumbass tribblewar thread

I don't know what the fuck you have your panties in such a bunch over. Since when has how much a candidate made ever been a big issue? Sure it has always been brought up, nobody ever really gives a fuck. you are just a whiny fucking sandy vagina over a dumbass tribblewar thread

hey thanks for jumping in here to share that you think my discussion of the thread topic is irrelevant in this thread

do you have any other great insights to share with us tonight

I believe the topic of the thread has been about the tax rate (and charitable donations), the entire way until you got here and decided to rage against absolutely nothing that anyone has been talking about

to the troll bait that you ate hook, line, and sinker? and this is after showing you also don't understand how capital gains work? nah i'm fine thanks

Read most of George's wiki and I'm impressed. Mitt's dad sounded like a pretty awesome/respectable fellow, too bad he's not alive to run instead (I might have actually voted for him).

Same here. Just goes to show you how far to the right republicans have moved since Mr. G. Romney's day.

yes i know

the point is the reason Mitt is rich is not because he came from a rich family

the reason Mitt is rich is because he worked hard and made good career decisions and it paid off

people whine about it and complain that it's unfair, but in reality they're just not as motivated or intelligent or didn't make as good a number of decisions. granted it's not entirely their fault, maybe their parents never pushed them to work hard or emphasized education, but that's a parenting failure, not a broken socioeconomic system.

bill gates also came from a privileged family, and had a good situation growing up, but nobody points the finger at him and calls him a spoiled rich kid. it's just easier to do with politicians because (1) people always look for things to whine and bitch about not being fair, (2) the press sensationalizes it, and (3) yet again your average american is fucking lazy and stupid and doesn't get it so they jump on the bandwagon

What I find admirable about Mitt Romney is that he donated every dime of his inheritance in 1995 when his father died.

It just goes to show you that when rich parents have great connections and can provide you with an excellent education, you don't need an inheritance, you can make it on your own.

I'm confused. Does making 2-3 million dollars a year instead of 20 million give you more insight as to how a family of 4 living on $50,000 a year might be struggling? They're all millionaires. None of them understand what it's like to be working class.

It's like when people say "My president raised the debt by less than yours!" The point is they all raise the debt.

I'm confused. Does making 2-3 million dollars a year instead of 20 million give you more insight as to how a family of 4 living on $50,000 a year might be struggling? They're all millionaires. None of them understand what it's like to be working class.

It's like when people say "My president raised the debt by less than yours!" The point is they all raise the debt.

obama started out in a single family household of middle class

he at least lived in a middle class environment for the first 20 years of his life before law school

i mean, fngrbang is a great example here. i'm sure his kids will be lazy and unmotivated and content making 60k per year, without raises, because that's what daddy taught them. they will go to a community college or shitty state school and work while in school, because Fngrbang wouldn't have taught them to work hard in high school and so they won't qualify for any scholarships, and making 60k/yr, he can't afford to pay for any mid-tier out of state school they get into. they will probably end up working in IT or as a nurse and turn into another version of their father.

meanwhile there will be a kid who bounced through 3 foster homes, ended up with some poor korean family running a dry cleaner that stressed education and helped him with his homework and forced him to study and get good grades. this kid worked hard in school, got good grades, earned a full ride to Harvard, and ended up going to wall street and balls out

the economic situation of your parents is not nearly as relevant as values and work ethic instilled on you by your parents.
When I try to understand the value system that gives rise to a post like this, I am overcome with revulsion.

When I try to understand the value system that gives rise to a post like this, I am overcome with revulsion.

whats wrong with that post? I think ayz is completely underselling how beneficial a wealthy upbringing is, from education to connections, and how much harder it is to come from an economically disadvantaged family where one has to overcome typically worse education and a much worse environment (food, peers, etc). But, having a family that stresses good values and strong work ethic can overcome those obstacles.

Last edited:
Back