Your desks, show them to me

It's a corner desk obviously, but I made one side larger instead of a triangle without points, so I could have my small-form factor PC and printer on the right side.

Final, but not buffed out:
oDbXzLC.png

How it looks up close with the clearcoat applied, loved the grain of the wood:
LX6hZxx.png

It's solid cedar with a dark walnut stain. The legs underneath in the back (that you can't see, 2x2s) are angled forward so they don't hit my knees, but support pressure on the surface if you were to push down on it while getting up or something.

p.s. Protip: Don't use cedar. Such a stupid thing to do. It's crazy light-weight, but it creates such fine dust when sanding and it's incredibly soft. The desk gets dented easily, although the 15 coats of clearcoat helps. This is something I learned after this project. My last project was mahogany.

p.p.s. Never use those fucking shit foam brushes. They're complete shit.

did your engineering degree help with that?

NiD7lPj.jpg

That's the kind of desk you want when you are going to be banning people. Giant chopping board. I like it. Looks solid. Headphones hanging off a hook. It's good to have a lid on the bin too, it stops the sperm smell leaching out the tissues. Very practical and minimalist.

Wrong engineering field.

Natural male intuition about building things helped though. (wasn't a dig at you, but I could see you taking it that way)

I was just busting your balls, it looks good

The last thing I built was a bed. next, night stands and a coffee table

My desk is always filled with stuff...
are you guys keeping your desks clean all the time?

Currently I have 2 mugs, 1 passport, some advertisement pamphlet, ear plugs and 2 arks of paper on my desk.

Update Desk complete

Built desk. 3600 x 900. Wide shelf under for folders, subs, and other crap. Cable tray shelf high up.

After we moved in (original image from Page 3):
EYtlrIZ.jpg

Building skirt for new desk:
U1gBpkB.jpg

Propping skirt and fixing to wall:
uOGTzY1.jpg

Preparing tops:
gkP3B4T.jpg

Cable trays:
KvmDFpH.jpg

Completed desk (Under):
wHHzJUi.jpg

Completed desk (above):
2QX7NNy.jpg

Cliffs: Built new desk, with under storage. Fixed to wall.

Back