[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

Because you're acting like people must decide between blaming one or the other instead of holding both accountable. You're acting like people will call the President to register their complaints instead of their local congressman. You're acting like most districts are coin flips on an electoral map. You're acting like people don't expect Democrats to be the party that protects their benefits. The longer it continues, the more people are deprived of their benefits, the more concerned they become. Most americans don't have $500 in savings, they live paycheck to paycheck. They need food stamps to eat. They will call, and they will scream. "Do something!" they will shout. "I need my medicine! I need my food! I need my money! NOT TOMORROW! NOW!" They will not accept "sorry we don't want to allocate .1% of the budget towards some fencing because then Trump will say he got the wall!" They will demand that everyone, Republicans and Democrats alike, do what is required to get things turned back on. Make concessions, negotiate, or we'll vote in people who will.

Republicans want 5 billion for wall funding. Democrats aren't including it. Republicans have a specific demand that's not being met, and Democrats are refusing to put it on the table.
Two sides.

This post and the previous one are fairly on point.

Except

(and forgive me for saying all this as a non American, I'm just bored) People are already very accustomed to your dysfunctional government not working together.

It's not new for either side to be justly criticized for shitty obstructionist or immoral tactics that don't serve real citizens in any way. All non-retarded people know both parties are awful. It's :ofn:

Trump got elected partly because people were fed up of that ongoing situation, and some hoped that he would live up to his reputation as a deal maker and improve things

But, even given that both parties are awful and guilty of not cooperating, the situation atm is pretty black and white. GEOTUS couldn't deliver his wall via Mexico :)lol:) couldn't negotiate anything with his government, said he was proud to be responsible for the shutdown, and continues to fuck over the country because of his pride and/or stupidity

Trump is obviously behind the longest shutdown in history and everyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knows it :shrug: including you, King Shill of MAGAWar :king:

Because you're acting like people must decide between blaming one or the other instead of holding both accountable. You're acting like people will call the President to register their complaints instead of their local congressman. You're acting like most districts are coin flips on an electoral map. You're acting like people don't expect Democrats to be the party that protects their benefits. The longer it continues, the more people are deprived of their benefits, the more concerned they become. Most americans don't have $500 in savings, they live paycheck to paycheck. They need food stamps to eat. They will call, and they will scream. "Do something!" they will shout. "I need my medicine! I need my food! I need my money! NOT TOMORROW! NOW!" They will not accept "sorry we don't want to allocate .1% of the budget towards some fencing because then Trump will say he got the wall!" They will demand that everyone, Republicans and Democrats alike, do what is required to get things turned back on. Make concessions, negotiate, or we'll vote in people who will.

In some fantasy future land your completely made up hypothetical situation where people are equally upset at the democrats may happen. I even acknowledged that may be the case.

But, I am just still sitting here in present reality, where, as best as we can tell, most of the public blames the Trump administration. So before we get insanely off track, the original claim is that democrats are on the fence, about to break at any moment from the mounting pressure of...the public getting increasingly frustrated at the GOP.

So I ask the question again, why would the democrats, at this moment, have any reason whatsoever to capitulate to Trump's demand, aside from having a crystal ball that foretells a future where the American people one day blame them equally for the shutdown--what earthly reason do the democrats have to give Trump his wall, particularly when he's not even negotiating. As best I can tell he hasn't offered anything even marginal in exchange. He's just asking for a gift from his political opposition.

chicken isn't really the best metaphor, is it?

it's more like fatty mcfat is having a tantrum and holding everything hostage until he gets what he wants - and most people know that's the case

and :flag: doesn't negotiate with terrorists

More like the President is standing firm to deliver what he promised no matter what.

Which is what the people who put him there expect him to do, not cave at the first sign of difficulty.

Short term pain for long term gain, no one in 20 years time is going to remember a few weeks of shutdown, but they will be very thankful for that beautiful wall.

just another brick in the wall

So before we get insanely off track, the original claim is that democrats are on the fence, about to break at any moment from the mounting pressure of...the public getting increasingly frustrated at the GOP.

So I ask the question again, why would the democrats, at this moment, have any reason whatsoever to capitulate to Trump's demand

like I said at the start

you're asking for an answer that makes sense from someone who lives on another planet

Republicans want 5 billion for wall funding. Democrats aren't including it. Republicans have a specific demand that's not being met, and Democrats are refusing to put it on the table. Two sides.

If only that were the case.

I seem to remember Dems offering the full $25b ask for DACA. Something Trump supposedly supported. What... 4 months ago?

Only to change his mind in the 11th hour.

Trump deserves every bit of this shutdown. Arguing he doesn't cements your shilling.

More like the President is standing firm to deliver what he promised no matter what.

Which is what the people who put him there expect him to do, not cave at the first sign of difficulty.

Short term pain for long term gain, no one in 20 years time is going to remember a few weeks of shutdown, but they will be very thankful for that beautiful wall.

just another brick in the wall

If only border security was an emergency for the first two years Republicans controlled all three beaches of government.

Convenient it's only now an emergency....

This post and the previous one are fairly on point.

Except

(and forgive me for saying all this as a non American, I'm just bored) People are already very accustomed to your dysfunctional government not working together.

It's not new for either side to be justly criticized for shitty obstructionist or immoral tactics that don't serve real citizens in any way. All non-retarded people know both parties are awful. It's :ofn:

Trump got elected partly because people were fed up of that ongoing situation, and some hoped that he would live up to his reputation as a deal maker and improve things

But, even given that both parties are awful and guilty of not cooperating, the situation atm is pretty black and white. GEOTUS couldn't deliver his wall via Mexico :)lol:) couldn't negotiate anything with his government, said he was proud to be responsible for the shutdown, and continues to fuck over the country because of his pride and/or stupidity

Trump is obviously behind the longest shutdown in history and everyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knows it :shrug: including you, King Shill of MAGAWar :king:

I agree, hence why I called it a game of chicken literally over a talking point. The money is negligible. It's a political game. People who need government services don't like political games over nothing. People aren't required to blame one group over another when they're getting hungry.

In the grand scheme of recent history, however, Democrats tend to blink first.

If only that were the case.

I seem to remember Dems offering the full $25b ask for DACA. Something Trump supposedly supported. What... 4 months ago?

Only to change his mind in the 11th hour.

Trump deserves every bit of this shutdown. Arguing he doesn't cements your shilling.

I never presented an argument as to who should or should not be blamed. I said both sides are playing political games over a talking point, one that most people affected by the shutdown will care less and less about as it stretches on.

I never presented an argument as to who should or should not be blamed. I said both sides are playing political games over a talking point, one that most people affected by the shutdown will care less and less about as it stretches on.

Except Dems have presented half a dozen bills to open the government. 4 of them include $1.5 billion for fencing and fence repairs.

Your boy is too vain to accept he'll never get his wall, and is willing to punish the common man during his tantrum.

SAD!

Except Dems have presented half a dozen bills to open the government. 4 of them include $1.5 billion for fencing and fence repairs.

Your boy is too vain to accept he'll never get his wall, and is willing to punish the common man during his tantrum.

SAD!

Why are Democrats unwilling to give $3.5B over their initial offers to get the government reopened? Is there not enough money available? Where does their altruism end and their politics begin?

I do enjoy reading your straw men though. I particularly like when you call them a shill.

Why are Democrats unwilling to give $3.5B over their initial offers to get the government reopened? Is there not enough money available? Where does their altruism end and their politics begin?

I do enjoy reading your straw men though. I particularly like when you call them a shill.

Possibly because they refuse to entertain a man child throwing a temper tantrum.

Trump had his chance for a wall. Dems were willing to fund it in exchange for something Trump supposedly supported, only to have McFailure change his mind at the 11th hour.

And putting this entirely on Trump is another misnomer. The Senate has the ability to override a veto.

The shutdown is squarely on Republicans, and they're running out of time to save face.

Possibly because they refuse to entertain a man child throwing a temper tantrum.

Trump had his chance for a wall. Dems were willing to fund it in exchange for something Trump supposedly supported, only to have McFailure change his mind at the 11th hour.

And putting this entirely on Trump is another misnomer. The Senate has the ability to override a veto.

The shutdown is squarely on Republicans, and they're running out of time to save face.

I see. So they're willing to give $1.5B to entertain a man child's tantrum, but not $5B?

Is it possible that you're completely full of shit? You call me shill while giving the shilliest answer to the most basic of questions. Try again without deflecting or passing the buck. Why won't Democrats pony up an extra $3.5B to end a shutdown? Is it because there's no money to do so? Is it because an immoral act cannot exceed $1.5B? Or is it simply because they don't want to?

That might actually be true. I don't think the threat of a government shutdown has ever worked to get any major concessions from the other party.

I've had several lib friends talk about how disappointed they are in Dem leadership for flip-flopping on the wall and/or ignoring what the majority asked for.

To be fair, they aren't die-hard retard commies like most Dems, but they vote Dem consistently.

It's nice to see change in the air.

Edit: Even the "don't care about politics" people seem to be annoyed at the Dems like people like me were annoyed at the McCains.

Last edited:
I'm against trump for shutting the fed down. It fucks up all kinds of stuff.

But having had time to look at it mostly ancillary services are effected rather than the previous ones. Given the longer this has drawn out the clearer this has become a hit job in order to make him not keep a campaign promise. Which the wall is overall a the best idea in terms of dollar allocation for securing the southern border, it's still better than nothing.

Which by the way related to the budget process - it's been fucked up for decades. Every year an extension, omnibus package, etc. I'm of the opinion it should be done a full year out. Give everyone 6 months to bicker about particulars than go home and campaign. If they dont reach a bill every member of the house loses their job.

daily reminda dat da only gud shitlib scumfuk progressiv evuh gon b a ded 1 6ft undagroun ok always fuk wit pussies irl yus lykka do upinchea gl hf smdh lol :jester:

Back