[T1 Release] TRIBES 2015

Upcoming changes:

-lush, mud, and mars updated to groove's/damaster's 512x textures
-FOV changed from 90 to 110
-Shadows enabled
-Stock disc launcher skin (hires version)
-ClientSideExplosions set to False
-Groove's MarsDay sky

Still working on independent resolution support.

Anything else that stands out? Still weighing in possibility of adding HQ base textures, but will probably be an add-on so it's not a crazy 500+mb download.

Last edited:
yes. 110 fov & Stock disc launcher skin (hires version) is nailing the entire thing.

yes to the idea of HQ textures as add-on - just be specific with the instructions "how to use HQ textures" - you know.. for new players that might be interested in Tribes 2015 set ;)

and please... GROOOOOV tribe2015 needs to work on lower resess.

thanks

xo*

all awesome changes

if u want i'll slap together a 'hires addon pack' with my hires base textures + the 512x versions of mine and damasters terrains, i figure if people wanna run the hires base textures they should want to run the crisper terrains to go with 'em

and i know a few ppl have asked if i can change the scaling of menu stuff to deal with higher resolutions but i honestly think it can be done without a plugin it just might not be quite as pretty and a bit of work learning how to setup the menus properly. there's scaling stuff in there already i just don't think any of us really understand how to make it work right

p.s. the only stupid little thing i would add is maybe discoboogie button

i like 2 watch tribe guy dance

I think plugin is the only way unless I make manual offsets for each resolution (like I did for 2 already). Which is super hacky/tacky/wacky. I want to avoid hours of pixel peeping and also confusion of overwriting files for the player.

Right now even if I make the buttons be sized "center" horizontally, there is no way to offset them. So I can only have 1 button be in absolute center, when I need to do 2.

Shifting from pixel values to percentages is the way to fix this.

There has to be a fairly straightforward method of hooking these GUI elements and having them respond to commands like "10% from left side of $fullscreen_res" etc.

Or, you know, just add CSS3 support. :lol:

Edit: But yes please put together HQ base\textures add-on pack that someone can just drop-in. :)

Edit2: Added your mars sky to v1.1

Last edited:
If wrong place to ask, apology but damage taken..is there any way to reduce the "redness" when you take damage? It is almost like i am blinded by a flash bang for 2 seconds?

If wrong place to ask, apology but damage taken..is there any way to reduce the "redness" when you take damage? It is almost like i am blinded by a flash bang for 2 seconds?

this wasnt a problem on my old hp monitor but now i have an IPS and the redness is ridiculous, i used to be able to shoot right after i get hit but now i cant see shit the best thing to do is up the gamma to the brightest but it only helps a little

tbh thumper never had it working well only me and alrik had decent scripted replacements

there are a lot of situations where u take little increments of damage and its' hard to represent onscreen w/o losing feedback

i never really used it beyond a pub or two and in videos

Back