[So] ****ing PIG gets suspend with 15 minutes left till retiring by Code4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [So] ****ing PIG gets suspend with 15 minutes left till retiring
Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
1 - 07-09-2008, 23:18
NOPD officer punished for wearing the wrong uniform - Breaking News from New Orleans - Times-Picayune - NOLA.com

With minutes left in the last shift of his 35-year New Orleans police career, Sgt. Bobby Guidry received a call from a supervisor telling him he had been suspended for wearing the wrong uniform shirt, the veteran officer said.

The Police Department confirmed the censure Tuesday, though it quibbled with the term "suspended." Rather, Guidry is "under investigation for wearing the wrong uniform," said Police Department spokesman Bob Young.

Instead of the standard-issue all-black uniform, Guidry, a veteran officer in the city's Uptown 2nd District, chose the powder-blue uniform shirt that he wore to work for more than three decades.

He viewed it as a simple statement, not an affront to rules or department leadership.

"Eighteen people died in the line of duty in that powder-blue shirt while I was with the department," Guidry said. "I went to each of those funerals. I wore that shirt on a Saturday, on my last day, out of respect for them."

Police brass apparently didn't appreciate the sartorial statement, which took place June 28. Young said the improper uniform complaint originated in the 2nd District. The department's Public Integrity Bureau then opened a formal investigation with about 15 minutes left in Guidry's career.

The punishment will not affect Guidry's pension or benefits, but, as it stands now, he will not receive his retired police commission and will not be accepted into the NOPD's reserve unit, for which he had applied, Young said.

Superintendent Warren Riley, who could not be reached for comment, was apprised of the investigation, Young said.

Young said Riley stressed that "an officer has to maintain professionalism at all times, whether it is his first or last day."

For Guidry, the whole affair turned what might have been a bittersweet day simply bitter.

Guidry said a Police Department investigator called him and suggested he "write a letter to the chief and apologize."

He hasn't done that yet.

"What do I apologize for?" Guidry said. "I wore the wrong shirt. . . . I'll take a letter of reprimand, but a suspension? That's rough."

Guidry's attorney, Eric Hessler, said the retired officer will cooperate with investigators but appeal the disciplinary action. He called the timing of the reprimand particularly disrespectful to Guidry's many years of service.

"He was literally moving his stuff from his office into his car," Hessler said Tuesday. "He was basically done."

On his last day, Guidry said his supervisor advised him that he was suspended and a city employee called him days later with the same news. He has since received no paperwork or formal reprimand, and he said he hasn't been interviewed by NOPD internal investigators.

Young disagreed with the term "suspended," but he said Guidry's permanent record will reflect that he "retired under investigation."

The powder-blue uniform shirt had been worn by officers since the Police Department's inception. Riley changed the uniform after Hurricane Katrina to all-black uniforms.

"A lot of uniforms were displaced after the storm, and they wanted to eliminate the possibility of uniforms getting into the hands of criminals," Young said of the change.

Some officers protested the change. Many complained that the all-black uniform was too hot and that it bucked tradition.

Riley, in what some in the Police Department call a move to boost morale, recently announced that the department would revert to powder-blue shirts, probably by the first of the year.

Meanwhile

At least the other ******* cop was in proper uniform

Riley says officer who wore wrong uniform shirt was appropriately punished - Breaking News from New Orleans - Times-Picayune - NOLA.com

New Orleans Police Superintendent Warren Riley said that a 35-year police veteran who was reprimanded for wearing the wrong uniform shirt just 15 minutes before he was set to retire was appropriately punished.

"He suffered the consequences of his actions," Riley said.

Sgt. Bobby Guidry, of the 2nd District, said Tuesday he was advised on his last day, June 28, that he was suspended for wearing the old powder-blue uniform shirt.

The NOPD says he was reprimanded, not suspended, and that an internal investigation was opened into the matter. Guidry is considered to be "retired under investigation" which affects his police commission and denies him the chance of working as a reserve officer.

Guidry said Tuesday he had not received any follow-up phones calls or disciplinary letters, and has not been interviewed by internal investigators. He said he was trying to make a statement by honoring the collegues who passed away in the blue shirt while he was on the force.

Speaking Wednesday morning at a ribbon-cutting ceremony at a New Orleans Police division headquarters, Riley also said he was dismayed about the action of Officer Donyell Sanchell, who last weekend led Crescent City Connection police on a high-speed pursuit, then allegedly grazed a bridge officer with his vehicle and slapped him. He was cited with a municipal summons for battery and issued traffic citations.

"Was I disappointed? Absolutely," Riley said. "It's embarrassing for the New Orleans Police Department."

Riley noted that the matter is still under investigation by the Crescent City Connection police and that the NOPD is conducting its own internal administrative investigation. Sanchell has been suspended without pay.

"I will render the most appropriate decision," Riley said of the possible punishment, which he noted could range from a reprimand to termination.

Sponsored Links
Wrathchild
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 07-09-2008, 23:20
That's supremely ****ty.

Tribalbob
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
3 - 07-09-2008, 23:22
I don't even know which direction to troll from in this thread.

**** this, i'm hungry.

Loco-Raider
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
4 - 07-09-2008, 23:24
Okay.

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
5 - 07-09-2008, 23:28
**** the po-lice

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
6 - 07-09-2008, 23:30
did he **** somebodys wife?

Diablo Escobar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 07-09-2008, 23:31
sometimes people make things so amazingly unnecessarily complicated

GreasyBoy
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 07-09-2008, 23:32
Did he also rescue Nancy Callahagn? Age 11? Victim number four?

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
9 - 07-09-2008, 23:32
new orleans police department doing ****ed up ****?

no wai

Stealth
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 07-09-2008, 23:40
It's a good thing they're focused on uniforms instead of stopping the rapes and murders going on in New Orleans right now.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
11 - 07-09-2008, 23:43
would suck if they take his pension

well I mean for him

bam
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 07-09-2008, 23:44

Poop your pants
Veteran++
Old
13 - 07-10-2008, 00:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post

well I mean for him
those were my exact thoughts.

Bad_CRC
Linux Tribes++
Contributor
Old
14 - 07-10-2008, 00:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvxgM3lr-mg

Senty
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 07-10-2008, 00:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post

well I mean for him
Wouldn't put it over them to have done this for exactly that reason.

MeSlayer
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 07-10-2008, 00:45
that is some seriously queer **** there

department politics

keneth16
VeteranX
Old
17 - 07-10-2008, 00:47
So an employee does not wear his regulation uniform on his last day. He should be disciplined. Rules are rules.

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
18 - 07-10-2008, 00:48
I hope he goes to jail. Wearing the wrong uniform is serious business and I don't think the people posting above me understand. They wear uniforms for a reason and this ****** thought he was above tradition and protocol just because he was retiring.

SexxxGodSteve
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 07-10-2008, 00:59
NEW ORLEANS REPRESENT MOTHER ****ER. THAT'S HOW WE HANDLE **** DOWN SOUF

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [So] ****ing PIG gets suspend with 15 minutes left till retiring

Social Website Bullshit