Reload this Page [Tribes] So I dont get you guys
Page 4 of 6
Beef Welington
VeteranXV
Old
61 - 10-28-2008, 13:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryandArturo View Post
Way to show everyone that you have absolute zero understanding of Tribes, and games in general for that matter. Then again, I can't believe I expected more from someone who came from the IA community.

Umm... ?

Legions isn't Tribes. It's not even close, and never will be.

Edit: Oh yeah, I almost forgot:
Tribes doesn't need more work; Gears of War did.
It's a really simple concept, and it's funny that you didn't realize that and actually made this thread. Then again, last I checked, you're a female. That would explain the lack of understanding.
You're right, it isn't Tribes. But it does bring back the best parts of Tribes in a modern, appealing way.

Like it or not, nobody gives a flying **** about what a few grizzled T1 vets want anymore, because the fact of the matter is that even if you got T1 with better graphics, you'd claim it wasn't. Things like graphics and sound can actually change the way a game feels, and T1 vets here somehow think it's cool to **** all over excellent games because they aren't tribes.

You aren't awesome for hating Tribes 2.
You aren't awesome for hating Legends.
You aren't awesome for hating Vengeance.
You still aren't awesome for hating Legions.

Get it through your stupid fat skulls. There are way more people actually enjoying those games than people saying they suck. Most people don't want to bring back Tribes, and most people probably don't want to bring back 1998 either.

Legions is fast-paced, well-balanced, very fun, relives the addictive glory of dueling in T1, has more refined controls, and is being actively improved. If you tried playing it and honestly don't like it, fine. If you haven't given it an honest chance then nobody gives a **** about you anyway, because you don't care about freedom of movement games, you only care about being able to claim you were hot **** in tribes and how nothing can change that.

Sponsored Links
LoOnY911
VeteranXV
Old
62 - 10-28-2008, 13:57
Can't I miss 1998 AND tribes 1?

stimula
VeteranX
Old
63 - 10-28-2008, 14:01
Ok..

Tribes is dead and can never be replaced.

It's a psychological thing..

Automatic Jack
VeteranX
Old
64 - 10-28-2008, 14:09
Gears of War 2 was awesome...I don't understand how it relates to this thread though.

Wufei
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 10-28-2008, 14:14
I think I'm going to buy a 360 today.

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
66 - 10-28-2008, 14:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Welington View Post
You're right, it isn't Tribes. But it does bring back the best parts of Tribes in a modern, appealing way.

Like it or not, nobody gives a flying **** about what a few grizzled T1 vets want anymore, because the fact of the matter is that even if you got T1 with better graphics, you'd claim it wasn't. Things like graphics and sound can actually change the way a game feels, and T1 vets here somehow think it's cool to **** all over excellent games because they aren't tribes.

Get it through your stupid fat skulls. There are way more people actually enjoying those games than people saying they suck. Most people don't want to bring back Tribes, and most people probably don't want to bring back 1998 either.

Legions is fast-paced, well-balanced, very fun, relives the addictive glory of dueling in T1, has more refined controls, and is being actively improved. If you tried playing it and honestly don't like it, fine. If you haven't given it an honest chance then nobody gives a **** about you anyway, because you don't care about freedom of movement games, you only care about being able to claim you were hot **** in tribes and how nothing can change that.
You're pretty dumb. You actually made a one or two viable points, but your execution was so terrible that it nearly covered them up. I actually like Legions, but people like you actually make me like it a lot less just from all the stupid **** you try to claim about it.

Legions brings back the best parts of Tribes 2 Version2 Spawn CTF (which, there aren't really any). That's about it. It has some of it's own features that make it a lot better than that, but that's as far as it goes with being "Tribes-like".

You've also grouped me in the wrong crowd. I say T2 classic CTF is better than T1, and T2 base is better than T1 for all PvP mods. So, excluding the "competition experience", T2 was the better game.
Legends was pointless.
T:V really was terrible. It was like every other game of it's time: a single-player game. The multi-player was a horribly designed after-thought.
Legions is decent, as I already said. It'll never be as good as Tribes, but it's proven to be enjoyable.

Lastly, I just wanted to touch on the stupidity of this claim: "relives the addictive glory of dueling in T1".
Legions dueling is absolutely retarded. Tribes dueling is mostly about out-witting your opponent. Aim and movement ability both play a much smaller role than smarts. That is absolutely not the case with Legions. Dueling in Legions is about as skillful and interesting as dueling in Ultra-Renegades. Movement is dumbed down by how strong the jets are, and aim is dumbed down by the fact that you can shoot twice per second and the weapons aren't intelligently or interestingly designed. Both of those factors nearly force wit completely out of the equation.

BugsPray
VeteranXV
Old
67 - 10-28-2008, 14:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Welington View Post

[/thread]

Edit:
Quote:
I say T2 classic CTF is better than T1, and T2 base is better than T1 for all PvP mods. So, excluding the "competition experience", T2 was the better game.
Agreed.

Quote:
Lastly, I just wanted to touch on the stupidity of this claim: "relives the addictive glory of dueling in T1".
Legions dueling is absolutely retarded. Tribes dueling is mostly about out-witting your opponent. Aim and movement ability both play a much smaller role than smarts.
Umm, aim and movement are the abilities needed to execute, so the role is comparable.

Quote:
That is absolutely not the case with Legions. Dueling in Legions is about as skillful and interesting as dueling in Ultra-Renegades. Movement is dumbed down by how strong the jets are, and aim is dumbed down by the fact that you can shoot twice per second and the weapons aren't intelligently or interestingly designed. Both of those factors nearly force wit completely out of the equation.
Dueling in Legions isn't like Tribes, definitely, but it's certainly not Ultra-Ren.

Last edited by BugsPray; 10-28-2008 at 14:25..
Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
68 - 10-28-2008, 18:13
Quote:

Shield pack.
There's as many disadvantages to shielding in medium as advantages. With shield, it's immobile enough and heavy enough to make it easy to combo. Outside of a few very specific scenarios, med's at a slight disadvantage at best and a major one at worst.

Anyways, the original point is that there's not a ton of places where med is preferable to either of the other armors in T1. Farming in base, and a (very) few situations in arena where it has an advantage over light, and that's it.

Al'Muktar
VeteranXX
Old
69 - 10-28-2008, 18:21
combo

totally easy to thunder-punch a shielded medium

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
70 - 10-28-2008, 18:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Muktar View Post
combo
It's a less effortful way of saying "spam with hand nades/disks/grenades because it's heavy enough that getting hit doesn't swat it away and trying to jet away defeats the purpose of having a shield in the first place."

Teratos
Veteran5
Old
71 - 10-28-2008, 18:31
This thread is golden.

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
72 - 10-28-2008, 18:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampancy View Post
There's as many disadvantages to shielding in medium as advantages. With shield, it's immobile enough and heavy enough to make it easy to combo. Outside of a few very specific scenarios, med's at a slight disadvantage at best and a major one at worst.

Anyways, the original point is that there's not a ton of places where med is preferable to either of the other armors in T1. Farming in base, and a (very) few situations in arena where it has an advantage over light, and that's it.
Making up theories is fun. It's pretty clear that you were at no point anywhere near a game of competitive arena.

Anyway, why is it so important to you that medium be just as useful as light and heavy? If your definition of a perfectly balanced game means every single thing in it has to be just as good as everything else of it's type in the game in any situation, then that's just funny. The real definition is that everything in the game has to be best suited for certain things and situations. Even with your severe misunderstanding of the uses of medium armor, that requirement is still met.

Al'Muktar
VeteranXX
Old
73 - 10-28-2008, 18:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampancy View Post
It's a less effortful way of saying "spam with hand nades/disks/grenades because it's heavy enough that getting hit doesn't swat it away and trying to jet away defeats the purpose of having a shield in the first place."
because you cant move around with a shield pack...

Darkstrand
VeteranX
Old
74 - 10-28-2008, 18:35
I don't think there is any question about t2 base being much better for pvp than t1.

between t2 base for pvp and t2 base++/classic t2 was the much more flexible game.

Teratos
Veteran5
Old
75 - 10-28-2008, 18:35
I've heard so many arguments on balance.

For some reason many people think balance means each armor, weapon, vehicle, etc is equally capable of doing any particular task or for use in any event.

Also, each armor, weapon, etc should have identical percentage of time used in each game. So any specialty item is unbalanced.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
76 - 10-28-2008, 18:46
Quote:
Making up theories is fun. It's pretty clear that you were at no point anywhere near a game of competitive arena.

Anyway, why is it so important to you that medium be just as useful as light and heavy? If your definition of a perfectly balanced game means every single thing in it has to be just as good as everything else of it's type in the game in any situation, then that's just funny. The real definition is that everything in the game has to be best suited for certain things and situations. Even with your severe misunderstanding of the uses of medium armor, that requirement is still met.
I'm not saying that there weren't players good with medium, and that there weren't good strategies to use with med. My point isn't "you're doomed if you used med!" It just doesn't have any, well, advantages over the other armors for most situations, and often has a disadvantage. Light's better at everything flag related and then some, heavy's better for general assault and point defense, and medium gets to farm.

Like I've said before, T2 did a much better job of balancing the armors, with med being able to pilot vehicles giving more versatility, and more health/higher run speed making it an armor of choice for general base trashing. It had a lot more uses. T1... not so much.

Al'Muktar
VeteranXX
Old
77 - 10-28-2008, 18:49
point

defence

what the ****

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
78 - 10-28-2008, 18:50
Quote:
point

defence

what the ****
You spell defense with a 'c'.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
79 - 10-28-2008, 18:57
Quote:
point

defence

what the ****
(defending a point)

Like, HoF, any indoor flag room, Raindance base, etc.

Are you really that ****ing dumb?

nada
VeteranX
Old
80 - 10-28-2008, 19:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
When Tribes Players say they want T1 with better graphics, they literally mean just that. Not some brand new game with new armors and new weapons and different physics.

We literally mean,

"HEY LOOK HERE ******S, DONT ****ING CHANGE THE GAME AT ALL BUT MAKE IT LOOK LIKE IT WAS MADE IN 2010 SO ALL THE NOOBS THAT ENJOY HIGH END GRAPHIX WILL BE INTERESTED FOR THE NEXT FOUR OR SO YEARS"
And the reason you never get what you want is because of the obscene way in which you conduct yourselves.

Page 4 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Tribes] So I dont get you guys

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
lol