Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Tribes] So I dont get you guys
Page 6 of 6
SmOkkin' Joe
VeteranX
Old
101 - 10-30-2008, 01:39
legions ftw

Last edited by SmOkkin' Joe; 10-30-2008 at 01:47..
Sponsored Links
SmOkkin' Joe
VeteranX
Old
102 - 10-30-2008, 01:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryandArturo View Post

Minute details huh. Yeah Ultra-Renegades dueling sure was a blast. Comparing Legions to Ultra-Ren is an exaggeration, but Legions goes in the same direction from Tribes dueling as Ultra-Ren, just not as far. That's the wrong direction. When you change "minute details" like movement ability and weapons, you completely change the level of "strategy" required. In Legions' case, that level is greatly lowered.

Maybe you haven't played enough legions, but there is still a large amount of skill involved. You don't have the be stuck on the same planar route that your jets pushed you in. You can pause, down-jet, and side-jet to avoid projectiles. The game still has a bunch of the same prediction involved, but again- its not tribes, and doesn't aim to be.

You could just embrace the new game because it's all you have, which is what Legions players are doing. Or, you can stand firm and go against it, because if you don't, the developer will assume all of their differences from the other games in the genre were good ideas, and they might try to expand upon them. I'll play Legions now because it's decent and free, but I probably won't buy it unless they undo a whole lot of "changes", or if everyone else I know buys it (I can be swayed by peer pressure), but that probably won't happen.

You sound like you are talking out of your ass. People play the game because they are interested. I stopped playing T:V quite fast because it got boring. You don't see me clinging to a ****ty game because it's the only thing I have. Maybe you suck at it, but you should probably get off your high horse.

Stits
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
103 - 10-30-2008, 01:55
This is a community that knows only how to *****. Are you really surprised? Devs didn't kill tribes this community did.

SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
104 - 10-30-2008, 02:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by S**** View Post
This is a community that knows only how to *****. Are you really surprised? Devs didn't kill tribes this community did.
Uhm dude we told Dave G exactly what we liked and didn't like for T2. He stuck to his retarded guns and T2 became a half hearted attempt at making another hit. T:V was an abortion. There were so many things wrong with that game it was sickening. Yeah, we're a vocal bunch of douches but if you could have put your bull**** filters on high there was a lot of insight to be found here. Ultimately the game was flawed, rushed and wasn't loved by owners of it.

USMC*Enima
VeteranX
Old
105 - 10-30-2008, 02:19

perro
VeteranXV
Old
106 - 10-30-2008, 04:34
rofl

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
107 - 10-30-2008, 05:13

perro
VeteranXV
Old
108 - 10-30-2008, 05:17
ahahaha

aNimAL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
109 - 10-30-2008, 05:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelyan View Post
i drive a tiburon
lol

Mitsubishi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
110 - 10-30-2008, 06:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
When Tribes Players say they want T1 with better graphics, they literally mean just that. Not some brand new game with new armors and new weapons and different physics.

We literally mean,

"HEY LOOK HERE ******S, DONT ****ING CHANGE THE GAME AT ALL BUT MAKE IT LOOK LIKE IT WAS MADE IN 2010 SO ALL THE NOOBS THAT ENJOY HIGH END GRAPHIX WILL BE INTERESTED FOR THE NEXT FOUR OR SO YEARS"
wow...

just wow...

****ing NAILED it...

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
111 - 10-30-2008, 06:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmOkkin' Joe View Post
Maybe you haven't played enough legions, but there is still a large amount of skill involved. You don't have the be stuck on the same planar route that your jets pushed you in. You can pause, down-jet, and side-jet to avoid projectiles. The game still has a bunch of the same prediction involved, but again- its not tribes, and doesn't aim to be.
Ok first of all, learn how to quote. It's not that complicated, I'm sure you can figure it out. Second of all, everything you just named actually detracts from the talent level involved in the game. Nice understanding you got there.

Quote:
You sound like you are talking out of your ass. People play the game because they are interested. I stopped playing T:V quite fast because it got boring. You don't see me clinging to a ****ty game because it's the only thing I have. Maybe you suck at it, but you should probably get off your high horse.
Someone totally missed the point. Common sense indicates that you wouldn't be as interested in Legions if there was a better game you could be playing. That doesn't mean it's "a ****ty game". It means it's a decent game, but every game better than it is no longer really playable.

perro
VeteranXV
Old
112 - 10-30-2008, 06:41
how does liking the legions more than tribes fit into your understanding? from a purely gameplay perspective, i enjoy legions more. it is faster paced and is overall more challenging to master.

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
113 - 10-30-2008, 06:45
As I said in a previous thread a long time ago: a trivial minority.

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
114 - 10-30-2008, 07:53
does anyone know if VLC plays mp4 format?

Page 6 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Tribes] So I dont get you guys

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
lol