why glocks are bad and manual safeties are good by Shiloh - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page why glocks are bad and manual safeties are good
Page 3 of 4
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
41 - 06-03-2018, 21:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
It's not common sense. It's stupidity. But whatever, carry however you'd like. I'm sure the FBI moron had plenty of training about his "finger being the safety" as well.

Morons always think they won't make mistakes and no one will ever be able to grab their weapon or be in a situation where they get into a car accident and then some clueless ER tech grabs it, etc.

You know, humans are infallible and all-knowing. Clearly it's a smart choice carrying a chambered, unsafe gun.
You're posting that drivel after boasting about being able to draw, chamber and fire rounds in X seconds. The hypocrisy is hilarious.

Sponsored Links
Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
42 - 06-03-2018, 23:11
I routinely carry a glock 7. It’s lightweight, being made of porcelain, can easily pass through airport security, and costs more than you make in a month.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
43 - 06-03-2018, 23:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
You're posting that drivel after boasting about being able to draw, chamber and fire rounds in X seconds. The hypocrisy is hilarious.
Everyone should be able to draw/fire quickly and accurately or they probably shouldn't be carrying. That doesn't mean to keep your gun "live" 24/7 because as we know, people never make mistakes. And I wasn't boasting. I was pointing out the fact you can draw, unsafe, chamber, and fire accurately in a ridiculously short amount of time. What situation requires more speed than that?

You're arguing against practicing with your weapon. Just FYI.

Last edited by Validuz; 06-03-2018 at 23:34..
Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
44 - 06-04-2018, 00:28
Finally took a look at the video. Guy pulls the trigger. Gun worked as designed. Human safety failed on multiple counts.

1) Shouldn't be carrying and partying
2) Shouldn't be doing back flips
3) Holster choice not correct for his activity
4) Picks weapon up incorrectly
4) Pulls trigger/safety while gun is pointing at something that shouldn't be shot

Caden
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
45 - 06-04-2018, 00:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
I'm not sure what any of you are talking about, let alone the OP.

The moron had it chambered because he's probably one of the assholes that thinks a CCW needs to ready to go with a squeeze of a trigger. It has nothing to do with a safety.

The only people carrying a striker-fire gun chambered should be special forces.
YOu carry a gun with a round in the chamber, 95% of the time. what you dont do, is back flips, half drunk in a club while carrying such a weapon.

Caden
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
46 - 06-04-2018, 00:43
i carry a 5 shot revolver 7 times out of 10. no safeties on those

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
47 - 06-04-2018, 01:02
To each his own. I stand by what I said.

I agree about the revolver though. They're just not a comfortable conceal carry choice for me.

Shiloh
Veteran++
Old
48 - 06-04-2018, 01:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
Finally took a look at the video. Guy pulls the trigger. Gun worked as designed. Human safety failed on multiple counts.

1) Shouldn't be carrying and partying
2) Shouldn't be doing back flips
3) Holster choice not correct for his activity
4) Picks weapon up incorrectly
4) Pulls trigger/safety while gun is pointing at something that shouldn't be shot
The issue is that glocks put their "safety" inside the trigger guard, leaving a single point of failure for NDs. Many accidents can be averted with a manual safety, at 0 cost in getting it ready to fire. And yes, the gun worked as designed. The point is the design is stupid.

Revolvers are fine because they have both a heavy trigger pull and a long one. You have enough time to realize you are about to make the gun fire before it actually fires.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
49 - 06-04-2018, 01:16
We can disagree. I have had Glocks for years and never had a problem. I also have guns with other safety mechanisms and I have always felt "safest" with a Glock. Partly because it's always "ready to go". I find myself paying more attention to it and where it is pointing etc. The biggest problem was that guy is an idiot and it's a bit of a wonder how someone who is prone to making such bad decisions is in the FBI.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
50 - 06-04-2018, 01:22
Mexican carry and backflips at a bar don't mix. Who knew

TheVoiceOfReason
VeteranX
Old
51 - 06-04-2018, 14:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caden View Post
i carry a 5 shot revolver 7 times out of 10. no safeties on those
Indeed. .357 snub is my EDC. It's in my pocket right meow.

covenant
VeteranXV
Old
52 - 06-04-2018, 17:14
FBI
As an agent he is Finished By Internet.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
53 - 06-04-2018, 17:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
The issue is that glocks put their "safety" inside the trigger guard, leaving a single point of failure for NDs. Many accidents can be averted with a manual safety, at 0 cost in getting it ready to fire. And yes, the gun worked as designed. The point is the design is stupid.

Revolvers are fine because they have both a heavy trigger pull and a long one. You have enough time to realize you are about to make the gun fire before it actually fires.
You must be a ****ing moron to blame the design for this incident.

Shiloh
Veteran++
Old
54 - 06-04-2018, 17:45
only a moron would put a safety inside the trigger guard.

a handgun with a manual safety wouldn't have fired in this situation. Thats the bottom line. There are many similar situations, like the sheriff who shot his leg in a gun store when holstering his glock, or the toddler that took his mom's gun out of her purse and shot her.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
55 - 06-04-2018, 17:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
only a moron would put a safety inside the trigger guard.

a handgun with a manual safety wouldn't have fired in this situation. Thats the bottom line. There are many similar situations, like the sheriff who shot his leg in a gun store when holstering his glock, or the toddler that took his mom's gun out of her purse and shot her.
Holy **** you just doubled down on retard.

I'm not a Glock fanboy, but if the design is flawed you might want to tell the 1 million+ police officers and 35,000 FBI agents who rely on it every day. I'm sure they'd love to hear from the Internet Gun Expert.

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
56 - 06-04-2018, 17:57
ive had friends drop loaded glocks

ive had one slam one on the table toward me jokingly and thankfully it didnt go off

i just sold my glock 43 but i kept my glock 22 for personal reasons. when comparing the glock 43 with the m&p shield 9 compact it wins hands down. its far lighter, a bit slimmer, and just feels better operationally. however, it's the 3rd glock ive owned w/ an audibly identifiable firing pin.

i don't get the beef with manual safeties though. i get it, you're a former delta and your safety is your finger. you can disable that safety whenever and carry hot like any other gun. the thing about manual safety is it assures me the firing pin cannot hit the primer. if i put myself in a hot situation then i can easily disable the safety and treat it like any other loaded firearm.

Paladin-5
VeteranXX
Old
57 - 06-04-2018, 18:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by naptown View Post
i get it, you're a former delta and your safety is your finger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfAobT5F3qg

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
58 - 06-04-2018, 18:03
The Glock safety/reset mechanism is rather brilliant. I didn't fully appreciate it until I built one. This guy goes through it in somewhat excruciating detail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WaRLlyPHlo

TheVoiceOfReason
VeteranX
Old
59 - 06-04-2018, 18:08

Back on topic: career-ending negligent discharge.

1. went drinking at the bar while carrying.
2. carried in some crappy no retention at all IWB holster at SOB, so not even much belt pressure.
3. did a ****ing backflip while doing 1 and 2.
4. placed his finger on the trigger at a time other than when intentionally shooting a chosen target.

But yeah, ban Glocks. :/

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
60 - 06-04-2018, 18:14
No ban vote from me.. I just prefer manual safety. I feel better about it. Carry what you please.. avoid backflips unless simultaneously firing at a target should be the take away

Page 3 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page why glocks are bad and manual safeties are good

Social Website Bullshit