why glocks are bad and manual safeties are good by Shiloh - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page why glocks are bad and manual safeties are good
Page 2 of 4
SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
21 - 06-03-2018, 19:57
so dumbass in all aspects

Sponsored Links
Caden
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
22 - 06-03-2018, 20:00
Im not a glock guy myself, but the weapons are "safe" as any other, provided the user has some common sense. Which was clearly not present here.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
23 - 06-03-2018, 21:20
I'm not sure what any of you are talking about, let alone the OP.

The moron had it chambered because he's probably one of the assholes that thinks a CCW needs to ready to go with a squeeze of a trigger. It has nothing to do with a safety.

The only people carrying a striker-fire gun chambered should be special forces.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
24 - 06-03-2018, 21:22
Well he clearly needs to look up the definition of "concealed"

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
25 - 06-03-2018, 21:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
I'm not sure what any of you are talking about, let alone the OP.

The moron had it chambered because he's probably one of the assholes that thinks a CCW needs to ready to go with a squeeze of a trigger. It has nothing to do with a safety.

The only people carrying a striker-fire gun chambered should be special forces.
If I could carry it sure as **** would be chambered and ready to rock at all times. You can watch YouTube all night with self defense cases where the additional step would/does cost a life.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
26 - 06-03-2018, 21:25
I carry chambered also.. but my carry has a rock solid safety. I would be too nervous otherwise

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
27 - 06-03-2018, 21:26
I also don't do backflips sooooooo

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 06-03-2018, 21:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
If I could carry it sure as **** would be chambered and ready to rock at all times. You can watch YouTube all night with self defense cases where the additional step would/does cost a life.
Then you're an idiot.

The odds of you ever needing to use it are slim to nil in the first place. The odds of you needing it chambered without a safety are non-existent. At least when people carry a hammer-fire cocked and locked, you still have to go through the safety (normally one or two passive and one active). With striker-fire, "your finger being the safety" is 100% idiotic unless you are a trained professional... and I don't mean a cop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post
I carry chambered also.. but my carry has a rock solid safety. I would be too nervous otherwise
Yea, but you have a safety.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
29 - 06-03-2018, 21:31
Quote:
Then you're an idiot.

The odds of you ever needing to use it are slim to nil in the first place. .
You can't be serious with that argument?

You're cool with carrying, but you draw the line at having a round chambered? Hey the odds of me needing this gun are 1:1,000,000 so I'll carry it... But the odds of needing to have a round chambered are 1:1,150,000 so I'm just not gonna bother.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 06-03-2018, 21:32
I think it is more to do with the design of the safety on the gun you carry chambered

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
31 - 06-03-2018, 21:33
Some weapons don't play nice with safeties

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
32 - 06-03-2018, 21:34
It's a goddamn miracle my Glock hasn't killed me yet. I didn't know I had to be blackwater SOF to use this ****!

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
33 - 06-03-2018, 21:35
How often do you do backflips with a round chambered?

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
34 - 06-03-2018, 21:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
You can't be serious with that argument?

You're cool with carrying, but you draw the line at having a round chambered? Hey the odds of me needing this gun are 1:1,000,000 so I'll carry it... But the odds of needing to have a round chambered are 1:1,150,000 so I'm just not gonna bother.
The odds of you needing it in a situation where you can't chamber it yourself or remove a safety are none. And if it's higher than none, you are intentionally putting yourself/others in a dangerous situation, like walking around a ****** neighborhood knowing you're CCing.

And for the record, I conceal all the time. It's not chambered and it's safe (P238).

With it in my pocket holster, I can retrieve it, remove the safety, rack it, and accurately place a shot at 20m in less than two seconds with one hand. It's obviously quicker/easier with two hands.

Not sure what wild-west situation you'd be in where you need quicker.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
35 - 06-03-2018, 21:42
The premise of my argument is that the idea of "your finger is the safety" is ****ing stupid outside of highly trained combat professionals.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
36 - 06-03-2018, 21:43
I just believe people should use common sense and when people fail at common sense we shouldn't be surprised either.

When I 3-gun compete I don't carry chambered rounds. I sure as hell wouldn't do a backflip with a concealed weapon with a chambered round.

The rest of the time I act normal and carry a concealed weapon that no one ever sees and it is respected by me and that makes me a responsible ccw holder.

That jerkoff FBI **** is an idiot

Take that decision out of the equation and nothing happens.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
37 - 06-03-2018, 21:44
Quote:
The premise of my argument is that the idea of "your finger is the safety" is ****ing stupid outside of highly trained combat professionals.
Odd argument considering the Glock is probably the most widely carried pistol in the world? Thank **** I'm alive. I've only fired oh about 20,000 rounds through several different Glocks over the years, always shooting from a holster.

Your argument about not needing a round chambered is bizzare and comical. It's incredible to me that individuals like yourself, who carry, can still have such a dumb ****ing outlook on defensive use of firearms. Incredible.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
38 - 06-03-2018, 21:45
Not sure how anything I said is against Glock, but okay.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
39 - 06-03-2018, 21:47
Quote:
Not sure how anything I said is against Glock, but okay.
Not against Glock. Against common sense.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
40 - 06-03-2018, 21:51
It's not common sense. It's stupidity. But whatever, carry however you'd like. I'm sure the FBI moron had plenty of training about his "finger being the safety" as well.

Morons always think they won't make mistakes and no one will ever be able to grab their weapon or be in a situation where they get into a car accident and then some clueless ER tech grabs it, etc.

You know, humans are infallible and all-knowing. Clearly it's a smart choice carrying a chambered, unsafe gun.

Page 2 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page why glocks are bad and manual safeties are good

Social Website Bullshit