Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Release Thread] Overwatch
Page 222 of 223
FOURSTAR
VeteranXX
Old
4421 - 08-18-2018, 15:43
bunch of people have been talking about this mod for overwatch that some are calling a cheat

Visor.gg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHAcX5dXj3o

haven't tried it yet, but seems kinda cool. wonder if blizzard will do anything about it

Sponsored Links
Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
4422 - 08-18-2018, 16:31
blizzard is killing games

just disappointing

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
4423 - 08-18-2018, 16:37
A 3rd party program that runs in real time to the client and provides information to the player about the enemy team? This is even a debate?

Even if the game provides info on enemy ult timers - That's still a skill on the player's part to track.

Constant monitoring of ult timers, minimap vision and purchased items in a moba like LoL or Dota are basic skills that separate bronze/silver/gold players from diamond+. Awareness like that is demonstrably an aspect of player skill and to have a program which tracks and announces it to the player is circumventing the requirement for that player to have that skill.

The video raises the point that the Ult tracking isn't very good... Okay, so it's a ****ty cheat (for now).

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
4424 - 08-18-2018, 17:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
A 3rd party program that runs in real time to the client and provides information to the player about the enemy team? This is even a debate?

Even if the game provides info on enemy ult timers - That's still a skill on the player's part to track.

Constant monitoring of ult timers, minimap vision and purchased items in a moba like LoL or Dota are basic skills that separate bronze/silver/gold players from diamond+. Awareness like that is demonstrably an aspect of player skill and to have a program which tracks and announces it to the player is circumventing the requirement for that player to have that skill.

The video raises the point that the Ult tracking isn't very good... Okay, so it's a ****ty cheat (for now).
Blizzard's stance in the past has been that stuff like that isn't cheating. There are programs like that for Hearthstone that help you track what you've played, what the enemy has played, how much damage each player can do with the cards that are currently on the board, etc. Their stance is that it's something any player could keep track of with pencil/paper (even though it would be pretty hard for the average player to do on top of managing your current turn within the allotted time).

Austforbeer
VeteranXX
Old
4425 - 08-18-2018, 17:15
It***8217;s not completely accurate so that is a big difference, still it should not be allowed. They shouldn***8217;t ban players currently using it but they should tell them to stop with further repurcussions.

But it does start a much larger discussion about what kinds of software like this is acceptable.

FOURSTAR
VeteranXX
Old
4426 - 08-18-2018, 17:22
yeah i mean like this stuff is already around for games like wow. entire mods based around just tracking other cooldowns (pvp and pve)

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
4427 - 08-18-2018, 18:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURSTAR View Post
yeah i mean like this stuff is already around for games like wow. entire mods based around just tracking other cooldowns (pvp and pve)
Yeah and that was a core design feature of WoW itself. Plus those mods can only function off Blizzard's API and if a mod becomes 'too broken' the API is altered to shut that mod (and it's exploit/cheat-like function) down.

As for HS; that's still a cheat in my book. It's the use of an application to essentially card-count for you. If Blizzard wanted they could easily implement card tracking on their own or have an in-game mod function like WoW. I suspect they can't do anything to stop overlays so why fight something you can't do anything about?

Blizzard tries to be big on e-sports; Do they allow players at the HS finals to run overlays? Do the OW teams get to use this crappy Ult tracking overlay in the OWL? Has there been any stance against overlays in competitions?

FOURSTAR
VeteranXX
Old
4428 - 08-18-2018, 19:00
idk, i think this is the first time something came out for overwatch, so not much time to see if pros are picking it up and using or not.

i just tried it out for a bit, and wasn't all the impressed with it. the stats it gives are helpful, as well as tracking when teammates are doing stupid things, or need help so you can adjust. i didn't get any notifications about potential ults on the other team over 10 games, so idk if that even works

i think them using the angle of saying its a training tool is smart, but should probably take the enemy ult tracking out entirely to avoid it getting banned. thats the only really sketchy part to me

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
4429 - 08-18-2018, 19:22
I think most of us that have put a decent amount of time in the game can already tell when when someone has an ult, the other thing is knowing they have the ult doesn't tell you when they are going to use it. After awhile you can that a Reign is looking to use his ult, or a reaper is moving to flank to use his.

This might be good for new players, but as time goes on it would be annoying, like when they show the clip from XQC and it tell him "you team is trickling" he responds with, "yeah no ****."

If one team had nobody using this and the other team had everyone using this I doubt it make a major difference to the outcome of the match, it does make sense as a tool to get better at the game though.

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
4430 - 08-18-2018, 19:46
Yeah but if you could do something as good as a program, you wouldn't need the program. The fact people use these programs is evidence that they can't do it on their own - or as consistently - or as accurately; a lack of these attributes hold people back from being a better player than they are.

The idea of it being a good tool for new players makes me question what skill level a 'new player' is. Are we talking Bronze through Gold ranks? That would mean more than half of the players in the ranking system would qualify as '**** enough' to benefit from such a program.

[MD5]Hash
VeteranXV
Old
4431 - 08-19-2018, 11:22
Quote:

I don't see Blizzard banning this or ruling it as cheating.

On Hearthstone they have Decktrackers that can give you an unfair advantage by creating an onscreen display of the cards left in your deck, draw percentages, as well as the cards that your opponent has played/drawn/added to their deck/hand.

There's another program for Hearthstone that rates your arena card picks and gives you a detailed explanation of the reasoning behind what it recommends, as well as aims to create a deck archtype based off your options and picks.

Blizzards' reasoning behind allowing these? If you can do it on pen and paper, they'll allow it.

Nothing the aforementioned program does isn't something that can't be done on pen and paper.

Synth
VeteranXX
Old
4432 - 08-20-2018, 13:24
The D3 program is waaaaaaaay more of a cheat and they dont ban for that

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
4433 - 08-20-2018, 13:28
ppl still play this game?

[MD5]Hash
VeteranXV
Old
4434 - 10-07-2018, 15:53
I got some real issues with Wreckingball, he's got some flaws, but when he works he's oh so fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82HttpabayY

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4435 - 10-07-2018, 15:57
aw timmy got told to shut his ***** ass up on discord and banned from tribes so he went to parental overwatch instead poor little ******

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
4436 - 10-07-2018, 21:06
Wrecking ball is fun in quick play, I can think of a map or situation where I would play him as the most effective tank, and I am ok with that because even while losing while playing wrecking ball it is always fun. Play rein while your team is losing badly and it sucks.

I was messing around with premier pro and took some clips and tossed them together, I like the basic editing side. Overwatch clips are easy to accumulate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5AldZt8G6Q

SINep
VeteranXX
Old
4437 - 10-08-2018, 06:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURSTAR View Post
bunch of people have been talking about this mod for overwatch that some are calling a cheat

Visor.gg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHAcX5dXj3o

haven't tried it yet, but seems kinda cool. wonder if blizzard will do anything about it
You will be banned.
It's not allowed.

FOURSTAR
VeteranXX
Old
4438 - 10-08-2018, 09:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINep View Post
You will be banned.
It's not allowed.
yeah that post is like 2 months old

heard they started warning accounts about it a couple weeks ago

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
4439 - 10-08-2018, 11:17
Unauthorized Third-party Software - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Recently, we’ve investigated third-party applications designed for use while playing Overwatch and we’d like to reiterate which of these applications are not permitted in Overwatch. To provide more clarity, any third-party application that impedes on the competitive integrity in Overwatch is not allowed. For example, a third-party application that offers users information such as enemy position, enemy health, enemy ability usage, or Ultimate readiness creates an uneven playing field for every other player in the map.

Additionally, these third-party applications breach the Blizzard End User License Agreement 147, as specified:

Quote:
cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;

bots; i.e. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that allows the automated control of a Game, or any other feature of the Platform, e.g. the automated control of a character in a Game;

hacks; i.e. accessing or modifying the software of the Platform in any manner not expressly authorized by Blizzard; and/or any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;
Our stance has always been that users found to be cheating—or using hacks, bots, or third-party software that provides any sort of unfair advantage—those users will be permanently banned from the game. In this case, we’ll be reaching out to users that we’ve detected to be using this unauthorized software; to notify those users that those specific third-party applications are not permitted and do not align with the Blizzard EULA. Furthermore, we will be requesting those users to immediately remove the unauthorized software to avoid account suspension.

We take competition very seriously in Overwatch. The foundation of good competition is every player being equally-equipped to compete against one another, but many third-party applications erode the level playing field in Overwatch we strive for.

Thank you, Heroes.

Not terribly surprised by that outcome. The HS deck trackers should be banned for the same reason. The "you can do it on paper" excuse is bull****.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
4440 - 10-08-2018, 12:14
Quote:
Unauthorized Third-party Software - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums

Not terribly surprised by that outcome. The HS deck trackers should be banned for the same reason. The "you can do it on paper" excuse is bull****.
rofl I've never seen anyone get so mad about video games

Page 222 of 223

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Release Thread] Overwatch

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
genji is illuminanti , madrebel is stupid , madrebel likes to ramble , taggitfaggit , the genji is coming , they took my son!