My band finally got a singer! (for those who knows us)

Rockstar Psy

Veteran XV
I know theres a good few of you on here who seem to enjoy my band. Over the past month we acquired a new singer & i would love for some responses. I have 2 recordings i did with her, I think i did a pretty good job on recording & mixing it all.
(if you dont want to download, just go to our myspace + you can see our new pics & 4 new videos up on site)
Eternal Essence on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
If you want way better quality you can download here.
Anyways, enough of me talking. Here are the 2 songs:
Nightmare Theater:
Nightmare Theater.mp3
Cool Gentle Rain: (this song was really ment for a male singer)
Cool Gentle Rain.mp3
BTW these 2 songs are complete opposite of each other, which i like. :p
If you have any questions just lemme know!:sunny: hope ya guys enjoy the new stuff.

Last edited:
ya know, i can't comment on anyone else's voice when i can't do it better, so props

i like the production i think you could bring the kick drum up a little bit, could use a little more smack, and less 'wet balloon thud' if you know what i mean. at least in 'cool gentle rain'

edit: nevermind it was my goddamn uber expensive headphones' fault. impedence!

Last edited:
Nightmare Theater: loooooong intro, but this is prog, so that's okay :) The recording is nicely balanced.

I'm missing the kick and snare a little in the drum mix. The cymbals come through and I think that's what's burying the drum sound. The bass is buried in there somewhere but I can't really hear it - it's probably competing with the guitars.

Man those keys are loud. But the guitars are really smeared and don't have a lot of punch, which is why whoever mixed this pushed the keys up so high - so they could be heard.

The vocal sounds great.

Cool Gentle Rain: Nice recording job. Mix is decent, good for MySpace, honestly. The drums sound great, punchy kick. The drum mix is better on this song.

The bass seems a little buried and unintelligible. Does the bass just basically play the root of the guitar? The guitars come through well. The keys clash with the guitars - they try to occupy the same sonic space. The guitar tends to dominate a pretty wide spectrum. Once the song kicks in the guitar sounds great, but some of the hits during the solo section poke out a little too much.

The vocals, while recorded well, don't fit the singer's voice. She's really reaching low. The lyrics are okay but the cadence follows the guitar a little too closely - did the guitar player write this? I would have her rewrite the vocal entirely...no offense.

Great effort. Keep it up.

Full disclosure: I have recorded my chick-led goth rock band, and there are recordings. Listen to First Footings: Chakras on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

thanks dudes. if you couldnt tell the drums are fake (addictive drums) we just need solid demo recordings of the songs. Ive listened to the songs on probably 10 different systems i thought they both sounded pretty well balanced as far as mix.

My guitarist did write all of cool gentle rain before he was in the band & we loved the song so we brought it back. I do agree on the vocals with it, we're thinking of mayybe changing the key of the song to see if it fits her better, she reaches very low. Though she did tell me shes working with her vocal coach on bettering herself with that whole ordeal.

as far as the bass goes, he isnt doing anything too exciting in either song, so theres not much for him to standout on besides the beginning of cool gentle rain, these songs are both pretty simple & straight foward.

Thanks dudes, anymore comments are welcome

Just stopping in to say that I like this Nightmare Theater thing. Sorta like a less depressing Lacuna Coil.

Also, you might try the more pretentious spelling "Theatre". Yes. That is uh. The limit of my constructive feedback.

Damn, How did I miss your band? I like Nightmare Theater alot.

But of course I'm not into the whole female vocal thing with prog metal. She has a great voice though...don't get me wrong.

I think some Akerfeltd type death metal vocals would rock on that song. Of course I say this as a singer myself. :p:

Hey Morbid thanks man, Ashes is a sweet song, it took us like 1 day to write it too, way long ago lol.

As far as the singer deal goes, none of us in the band are really into the growling / screaming deal. I listen to some stuff with it, but just not something we'd want in the band, much rather have vocals. Plus having a hot female singing in the band only improves our chances, lol. But thanks for the compliments man.

Back