[GDC] "What to Do When 'Toxic Gamer Culture' Enters the Classroom."

SINep

Veteran XX
GDC 2019 Educators Summit On In Education Announced

As GDC, Game Developers Conference, draws closer, this year's sessions are starting to be announced. One session announced in particular features what to do with "toxic gamer culture" in the classroom entitled, "What to Do When 'Toxic Gamer Culture' Enters the Classroom." Its speaker Bonnie Ruberg, is set to discuss the alleged discrimination, harassment, and resistance that "women educators, queer educators, and educators of color," encounter from students who insist that discussions of diversity have no place in their education...

Bonnie Ruberg, Ph.D. is an assistant professor of digital media and games in the Department of Informatics at the University of California, Irvine. She received her Ph.D. [strike]from a cracker-jack box[/strike] UC Berkeley in conjunction with the Berkeley Center for New Media and the Department of Women and Gender Studies, according to her personal blog. Ruberg is also the lead organizer of the Queerness and Games Conference, and has authored two books entitled Video Games Have Always Been Queer (Postmillennial Pop) and Queer Game Studies.

According to GDC, the expected takeaway from the event is to help attendees, "learn about the challenges that many game educators face when teaching students who are skeptical, resistant, even hostile toward discussions of 'diversity.'" With attendees also to, "receive concrete, actionable suggestions for how to prepare for and respond to potential problematic student interactions in the classroom."

Schedule | GDC 2019 | What to Do When Enters the Classroom

poop truck

Bonnie Ruberg, Ph.D....jew don't say

EVERY.SINGLE.TIME

better than any clock or clockworks

Ms., Mr. or Mx.? Nonbinary teachers embrace gender-neutral honorific

190118-mx-honorific-teachers-main-kh_ad5e7d86af59e1ea4c008975468f0ebb.fit-2000w.png

get it right or pay the price

Cortez just brought toxic gamer culture into the classroom by saying "All ur Base r belong to us"

Not sure how we can argue against queerness in games after playing Tribes 2

I can't wait to play the game where I'm a black, fat and disabled trans gender-less being that saves the world from my scooter with a magic, rainbow shooting wand of feelings.

Not sure why you wouldn't want a character editor capable of making any thing you want to identify as. The level of mockery that would result in would be amazing. The entire internet would try to outdo one another on the most absurd character design.

Bonnie Ruberg, Ph.D. is an assistant professor of digital media and games

without doing research on her i can assure you she has never worked longer than 1 years private gaming industry

how the fuck has academia become such a circlejerk, Law School perhaps most notorious for it, where you put in people who have never practiced to teach others, especially in niche fields like say Independent Law Practice lol. thank god i didnt blow my money going down that route

Bonnie Ruberg, Ph.D. is an assistant professor of digital media and games

without doing research on her i can assure you she has never worked longer than 1 years private gaming industry

how the fuck has academia become such a circlejerk, Law School perhaps most notorious for it, where you put in people who have never practiced to teach others, especially in niche fields like say Independent Law Practice lol. thank god i didnt blow my money going down that route

same way I imagine this happened

Supreme Court ruling to ban transgenders from the US military:

YEA
- Thomas
- Alito
- Gorsuch
- Roberts
- Kavanaugh

NAY
- Ginsburg ✡
- Breyer ✡
- Kagan ✡
- Sotomayor

Notice any similarities? 👇

DvEKPrAUUAAO42u.jpg

Hard to win these rulings with three Judeo-Bolsheviks on the bench.

Back