Lets hear your best casserole recipes

Pengo

Veteran XV
I'm thinking like italian/pizza or taco style casseroles or whatever you have that might be your specialty. Ideally nothing too crazy as far as cooking skill goes, but I'm interested in trying something new and I like the idea of making a big casserole that will feed me for like 2-3 days

The only sort of casserole I've really ever made are tater tot casseroles (ground beef+cream of mushroom soup on the bottom, then veggie, cheese, then tator tots on top and pop it in the oven. the veggies can be corn, green beans, peas and/or green peppers, or anything that's not too strong of a taste).

I too would love some good caserole recipes. I love cooking but i'm finding lately with both my wife and myself each working 60+ hour weeks cooking during the week is becoming difficult. I didn't grow up in a family that ever does caseroles(other than lasagna ) so I have zero experience with them.

Please hook me up with the delicious Kracker casaroles I've never really had any.

Last edited:
My best? I love to BBQ and that led to my love of Tandoori chicken. That led to left overs and that led to casserole. Thus- Tandoori Chicken Casserole was born. It's so good - I just make it on its own.

I use the BBQ as a grill and start marinading the chicken the day before.

Get a fucking chicken and cut it into 8 pieces.
Poke holes in the chiicken all over with a fork.
Make some inch deep slits across the various parts.

Get a baking dish. Put the chook in it.
Make your own tandori marinade or pick up some Pataks. You are going to want to use yogurt and lemon juice. You can add more tumeric and chili to the premades. If you do this - use a food processor to blend it until smooth.

Pour this stuff over the chicken. Coat it - rub it into the holes - suck it up in an injector needle and shoot it into the chicken if you want. Leave it for 8-24 hours. I like to let it go over night.

I like to use some wood chunks and charcoal and get a nice base of hot coals. I am an oak guy when it comes to Tandoori.

Do the meat for 8-10 minutes per side.

Now - get a large baking dish. In the bottom - put about about 2 cups of basmati rice
Either make your own or get premade simmer sauces for Butter Chicken or Chicken Tika Masala. I go back and forth. Use two simmer sauces - but save half of one for later.

Add in a cup of sodium free chicken stock and stir it up.

Sometimes - I will also slice a bunch of onions really fine and prepare in a wok as for curry. Golden brown crunchy onions. I drain them and then throw them in at this point. I might also add some cubed tomatoes.

OK - so - put the chicken parts on top of the thing
Cover the baking dish with foil or a top or whatever.
Bake on 3 fitty for an hour or until the rice is tender. If you need more liquid - use the sodium free chicken stock. You can pour on a little sauce over the top at the end and leave the thing open for another 5 minutes to let it warm up.

Anyway - this is my favorite casserole. It is pretty similar to just plain butter chicken but the rice is awesome because it cooks up with all the flavors and doing your chicken this way instead of just browning/simmering it is killer.

Last edited:
what i do

i cook a box of penne pasta, drain, then add 3 jars of pizza sauce u get at the store

add some salt, oregano, garlic and garlic powder/onion powder

dice up a green bell pepper add that

sautee 1 large chopped onion and some sliced mushrooms add that

add some shredded mozzarella and sliced pepperoni u get at the store in the lil baggies then mix it all up

pour it into a large baking pan and add a layer of sliced mozzarella on top

add pepperonis on top of that like it was a pizza

bake in oven at 375 for for 45 min or until cheese starts to brown and bubble

vola pizza casserole

shit will last forever and can feed an army

also another good casserole they sell at the store as a "box meal" but if you make from scratch is really bangin

large baking pan

make enough mashed potatoes to cover the bottom with

cook some boneless skinless chicken breast and slice them up (2 or 3)

get 4 or 5 cans of your favorate vegetable soup (something creamy not broth), mix it with the sliced chicken in a bowl and pour it on top of the mashed potatoes and spread it over completely

now either make biscuit mix or buy the instant mix and spread the batter on top of the whole thing

bake in the oven at 400 for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown

pretty good

also sometimes i add shredded chedder to the chicken/soup mix better like this imo

Last edited:
i eat foie gras pate casseroles with caviar from mariana trench nocturnal sturgeon

and then i drink a beef bouillon bloody mary's

and then i puke all of that into a casserole and set it to 350 and forget it!

ty ronco

Back