[pics] gross pics of my spider bite/flesh-eating bacterial infection by hfingers - Page 32 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [pics] gross pics of my spider bite/flesh-eating bacterial infection
Page 32 of 41
Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
621 - 04-30-2008, 15:26
You are gonna have a Homer Simpson hand.

Sponsored Links
Boomyguy
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
622 - 04-30-2008, 15:41
you've still got your penis

nSpectre
Musashi's Suck-pig
Rayn's Apprentice
Contributor
Old
623 - 04-30-2008, 15:56
I'm now more glad I live in a high-rise building, even if it is smack-dab in the middle of Recluse country. The little bastards don't have the life-span to make it all the way up here.

Best of luck with your finger. My step-dad was a gunner on the USS Cory, Gulf of Tonkin, Vietnam. He lost a portion of his finger (same as yours) when the blast shield came down after he'd just loaded a fresh "Hello Vietnam!".

Have to say, didn't seem to bother him and noone really noticed it that much. Life goes on.

T-Funk
VeteranXV
Old
624 - 04-30-2008, 16:08
just become a high school shop teacher

Nemanach
VeteranX
Old
625 - 04-30-2008, 16:10
Holy ****, I am buying a handgun now just in case. I can't risk getting close enough to any spiders in order to hit them with my shoe. I just hope I don't run into a spider before my waiting period for the gun is up.

Stimpson
VeteranXV
Old
626 - 04-30-2008, 17:58
The man who grew a finger

BBC NEWS | Health | The man who grew a finger

this might have already been mentioned/posted so apologies

Urshilikai
VeteranX
Old
627 - 04-30-2008, 20:46
I have a possible solution for you. Ask them if they can try an experimental stem cell treatment on you. From what I've seen and researched, your finger is the perfect subject for a stem cell regrowth treatment. It wont hurt to ask.

edit*
I was too late, that video is essentially the treatment that you should ask for.

Radon006
VeteranX
Old
628 - 04-30-2008, 21:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfingers View Post
3: Cut a V pattern, to get rid of the current scar on my hand to shorthen the width of my hand to make it less visible that I am missing a finger.
Since you said you going with this:

They cut off your middle finger + a small pizza slice of your hand past the middle finger and then sew it up?

I guess that sounds like a pretty good option, but based on the limited pictures you provided (get some more angles and show us the back of your hand), i would think getting it cut off at the second knuckle so you had a straight stump would be the best option. Or just getting it cut off completely but leaving the hand alone. I think it would look better to have a hand missing 1 finger, vs a small weird looking hand that appears to have only ever had 3 fingers.

Last edited by Radon006; 04-30-2008 at 21:18..
T-Funk
VeteranXV
Old
629 - 04-30-2008, 21:22
id go for the stub
you seriously dont notice it when people have stubs unless youre staring at their hands

hfingers
VeteranX
Old
630 - 04-30-2008, 21:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radon006 View Post
Since you said you going with this:

They cut off your middle finger + a small pizza slice of your hand past the middle finger and then sew it up?

I guess that sounds like a pretty good option, but based on the limited pictures you provided (get some more angles and show us the back of your hand), i would think getting it cut off at the second knuckle so you had a straight stump would be the best option. Or just getting it cut off completely but leaving the hand alone. I think it would look better to have a hand missing 1 finger, vs a small weird looking hand that appears to have only ever had 3 fingers.
Honestly, I have met 3 people with only 3 fingers and one thumb on a hand. Two of them were missing a finger on the hand that I shook. I never even noticed it until late in the meeting and their hand was really visible.

If you think about it logically. When you meet someone for the first time and shake hands or exchange pleasentries, you are more worried about youself then you are about them.(especially if you are in sales)
How many times have you meet or been introduced to someone and you forgot their name 10 seconds later.

So if I shorten the gap between my ring finger and my index finger, I should be gold. Plus the fact the I honestly want this finger gone at this point. I have had 2 knuckles, my platella(knee cap), collar bone and my elbow broke. Plus alot of stiches, sprains and twisted ankles and NONE compare to the pain I have gone thru with this finger. It aches right now really bad just from typing this. The new skin that has grown on the finger part burns like crazy and the scar on the back of my hand itches like crazy.(but hurts when I scratch it)

I just want it off as soon as possible.

BTW, LET'S GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hologram
VeteranXX
Old
631 - 04-30-2008, 21:34
Quote:
The plate they referred to, is the back of my hand I assumed.(although it looks like a group of bones)

They're talking about the growth plate of the bone. Every bone has one; it's the end of the bone to which new bone growth is added.

hfingers
VeteranX
Old
632 - 04-30-2008, 21:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
id go for the stub
you seriously dont notice it when people have stubs unless youre staring at their hands

This was kind of my point I just took forever to type it above.

Plus T-Funk I have to say that you have made me giggle a couple of times in this thread.

mstrike
VeteranXV
Old
633 - 04-30-2008, 21:43
Can you post pictures of other people who have had option #3 done to them?

cancer
VeteranXX
Old
634 - 04-30-2008, 21:53
Quote:
Honestly, I have met 3 people with only 3 fingers and one thumb on a hand. Two of them were missing a finger on the hand that I shook. I never even noticed it until late in the meeting and their hand was really visible.

If you think about it logically. When you meet someone for the first time and shake hands or exchange pleasentries, you are more worried about youself then you are about them.(especially if you are in sales)
How many times have you meet or been introduced to someone and you forgot their name 10 seconds later.

So if I shorten the gap between my ring finger and my index finger, I should be gold. Plus the fact the I honestly want this finger gone at this point. I have had 2 knuckles, my platella(knee cap), collar bone and my elbow broke. Plus alot of stiches, sprains and twisted ankles and NONE compare to the pain I have gone thru with this finger. It aches right now really bad just from typing this. The new skin that has grown on the finger part burns like crazy and the scar on the back of my hand itches like crazy.(but hurts when I scratch it)

I just want it off as soon as possible.

BTW, LET'S GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whatever you decide, i hope it turns out for the best man.

hfingers
VeteranX
Old
635 - 04-30-2008, 21:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram View Post
They're talking about the growth plate of the bone. Every bone has one; it's the end of the bone to which new bone growth is added.
I actually called my orginal surgeon tonight to ask this question because my hand surgeon is a total pompous ass and is constantly talking over me. (pet peev #101 with me)

He called me back about 15 minutes ago and answered me.(The best that he could) He said that he believed that the doc meant that the Carpal bone under my middle finger would be cut away and removed and the index finger would just be slid over, with a little bit of cutting of the ligaments and streching of the tendons, Thus retaining all motion of the index finger.

I went through pre-op today and I am just waiting for a surgery date. If/when I meet with this prick doctor again, I will ask for the total details of it. He just started the whole consultation off totally wrong. He told me that I have been taking Vicodens too much and for too long. I explained that I was perscriped Oxycotin, percocet's and oxycodone but I had them switch it to just regular Vicoden 5/500. For cost and fear of addiction problems. His answer was to have me sign a narcotics waiver for after surgery, thus releasing him from any problems I "Might" have with the narcotics after surgery.

I was perscribed 25 Vicoden a week for this ****ing finger and went thru all kinds off pain. My only question to him was, "when you look at this finger do you really question whether or not it hurts." He said no I know it hurts but I hvae to protect myself. He then said that he would not refill my perscription untill the surgery.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
636 - 04-30-2008, 21:59
I dunno why you're doing all that. Every surgery risks complication, and logically the more you do the greater the chance of a complication. It would be less potential problems if you just amputated the middle finger down the 2nd knuckle and a bit of skin grafting over the stump versus getting the finger hacked off and then get a piece of your hand off to narrow the gap between the middle and index purely for cosmetic reasons.

I'd rather have the stump and a simple operation, rather than waking up and finding there were "complications" and they had to take the ring finger or index finger off too.

Bad_CRC
Linux Tribes++
Contributor
Old
637 - 04-30-2008, 22:12
doctors are morons in my experience.

get another opinion if you haven't already.

fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
638 - 04-30-2008, 22:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_CRC View Post
doctors are morons in my experience.

get another opinion if you haven't already.
Why would another opinion be useful, if doctors are morons?

tiu_sam
Veteran++
Old
639 - 04-30-2008, 22:35
you could try running for president, worked here(brazil).

Evil Light Bulb
VeteranX
Old
640 - 04-30-2008, 22:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by fartiusstinkius View Post
Why would another opinion be useful, if doctors are morons?
5/5

Page 32 of 41

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [pics] gross pics of my spider bite/flesh-eating bacterial infection

Social Website Bullshit