What does a comfortable retirement look like to you? by Flash - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page What does a comfortable retirement look like to you?
Page 1 of 2
Flash
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 03-27-2024, 20:14
How much in the bank? Comfortable degree of leverage? Where do you need to be to call it quits?

Sponsored Links
spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 03-27-2024, 20:17
Idk I already have a pension and one of the nicer antique heritage homes in canada so it's mostly about making fun of losers like u at this point and seeing them get insecure

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
3 - 03-27-2024, 20:22
lifetime financial security regardless of what happens to a 401K or your retirement running out

-Slinky-
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 03-27-2024, 20:26
I don't even care about retiring I just want to die sometime before my brain and body start going to shit...if I manage to have some of those years without having to work, so much the better

I have already traveled a lot and done a lot, but it'd be nice to have the kind of life my parents have these days where they just go sailing and chase the summer in various countries...except sailing seems like too much hard work to me, I'd just want to go camping and fishing and generally do lazy shit

I wouldn't exactly encourage my kids to have kids because the world is so fucked, but if grandchildren were involved in my hypothetical future retirement that would be cool, I like babies/kids and I'm good with them

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 03-27-2024, 20:30
Being a teacher my retirement is nice. I just had to work until I thought it would kill me if I worked one more year... and then I went two more. Retiring in Mexico has been affordable but you bastards are sinking the $. What extra I've had is buying some land in a couple areas along the coast. We hope to build on one of our lots, and then rent the Condo a few months a year in the winter, (lots of Canadians wanting to get out of the cold). We go back to see daughters every Christmas month and prolly drive/travel during that time now with the new car.

Last edited by SeVeReD; 03-27-2024 at 20:35..
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
6 - 03-27-2024, 21:25
I never think about it honestly. I know I don't need much so I never obsess over it. Ill pass whatever properties I own onto my kids. In the meantime as long as my bills are covered and I have a grand or two a month to blow on a modest hobby I'll be a happy dude.

Health and physical ability is paramount.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
7 - 03-27-2024, 21:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_JyDOIWHQk

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
8 - 03-27-2024, 22:14

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 03-27-2024, 22:28
you're gonna poke your eye out
water is softer

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 03-27-2024, 23:26
No earthly idea what America will be like by then or where I will live. I live an inexpensive lifestyle and all my hobbies are cheap and healthy. The older I get the less I spend. I have an elderly aunt and uncle who walk a few miles every morning, cook for themselves, and garden. I think it looks great.

Honestly I give more thought to what if I needed to leave the country at some point, would it be easy? Could I learn a new language? That seems like it may cause more stress and problems if it comes about than retirement.

My former barber said his father and grandfather died very quickly after they retired and it's one of the few things I can tell the man ever feared. He said retirement always kills men. I don't believe that, but it was funny how serious he was.

Health is more important. Have you seen men retire to their McMansion with chronic health problems on day 1 of their retirement? Not good.

Maybe when I'm elderly Ill be one of those nomadic RV elderly people. Only if automated driving works out. I hate driving. I could easily and happily live out in the middle of no where Montana too. Retirement communities dont seem bad either since they are quiet and no graffiti. In college I mistakenly went to check out apartments only to find out they were 50+ only. They were always the nicest places. My grandmother once lived in Leisure World, a giant retirement land mass with homes, apartments, condos, community buildings ect in SoCal. and it was a little utopia.

I know I will never retire to Florida.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
11 - 03-27-2024, 23:32
I've said it before, I just want to get fat at a tiki bar on the beach in some cheapass city and make my way through the 10,000 books on my kindle. I honestly don't know why I'm still in a HCOL city when I work nearly fully remote, retirement could be 10 years closer if I moved.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
12 - 03-27-2024, 23:36
with biden in office USD can live anywhere like :crown:

uno
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 03-27-2024, 23:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slinky- View Post
II wouldn't exactly encourage my kids to have kids because the world is so fucked

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 03-28-2024, 00:15

what else could you want/ AC+Heat anywhere you got a 110v 30amp hookup

Last edited by KingSobieski; 03-28-2024 at 00:18..
lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
15 - 03-28-2024, 00:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by uno View Post
he's binary and he's ok

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
16 - 03-28-2024, 00:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSobieski View Post

what else could you want
nice van

you'd want some tint and curtains

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
17 - 03-28-2024, 00:19
tbh adventuring w your kids is epic everything's fucked everything sucks

#vanlyfe

looks like a 1 ton so you're golden

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
18 - 03-28-2024, 00:22
I have enough passive income I could retire right now, but choose to stay in the workforce.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
19 - 03-28-2024, 00:23
idiot lol

you're just a bad manager and can't keep decent help

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
20 - 03-28-2024, 00:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon View Post
with biden in office USD can live anywhere like :crown:
I had to delete my lengthy post to this...
it did include a rip to Vindster wanting to rape me
monetarily ...

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page What does a comfortable retirement look like to you?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
flash thread = trash thread