Jaguar Lub

Stilgar

Veteran XX
j1.jpg

j2.jpg

Flash makes the guard appear white.

It's called Classic Player Jaguar Special.
MIM - the classic means everything is "aged."
Mint green guard and tremolo tip.
Frets are "bronzed" Medium Jumbos. Pickup covers are "slightly aged," whatever the fuck that means.

Retail is $799, tax is another 9.75%.
I paid $767.15. Comes with a cheap shit Fender gigbag.

It has a shorter scale than my Squier and one more fret. The effect is easier to play and a flatter feeling fretboard.
The body is too cool.
It can be balanced on a knee easily when seated. The cut into the body fits my gut better than the Strat when standing.

The pickups are hotter than Strat pickups and the knobs/switch rig is straight out of the Jetsons. It has a mid out/cut switch which changes the cap value in the tone circuit.
It also allows you to have two different volume and tone setups and alternate between the two with the flip of a switch.

It's fucking heavy.
I have a gig on Saturday so I'll see if I can get some clips.

I had a 67' I played for around 6-7 years. It was a beater and always sounded great. Sorry I traded it away.

I also had a real early Mustang I used throughout the same timeframe. It was extremely old, clay dot inlays, ancient electronics, all original hardware. I picked it up at a guitar show in 93' for $150 (pre ebay and guitarcenter you could actually pick up real vintage in tiny mom/pop stores and shows for cheap). The body was spray painted black with silver fleck. Looked like shit. Was a real beater as well, but was probably the best tone monster I've ever owned. It sounded so good I traded it for a brand-new, at the time, custom shop Strat around 10 years ago. I'd recently seen the guy I traded it to. Turned out it ended up being one of the original Mustang prototypes (Clay-dot inlays and unique identifier under the neck). He sold it to a private collecter last year for 5 Grand. Black spray paint and all.

Didn't mean to derail your cool thread. The Jag pic got me down memory lane. Morale of story, keep every one of your axes :)

Last edited:
Man, I miss my electric, it was stolen wayyy back and I wasn't doing any sort of band shit at the time so I just stuck with my acoustic and said screw it. If I weren't switching jobs, I'd go grab a HSS strat right now. Those jags looks spiffy though. Maybe I can find one to try out around here.

Back