MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
7162 - 09-04-2011, 23:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadus View Post
yeah its a good idea

it's pretty clear that they can't appease the core fanbase
appease ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ t:a

there is a lot of middle ground that they apparently have zero interest in entertaining.

Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
7163 - 09-04-2011, 23:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_ReBeL View Post
great planning on their part launching a game with the name tribes on it along side a sea of monster titles and completely ignoring and or blatantly pissing off the core fanbase.
To be fair, while we are the last real Tribes forum (barely), there is a large sea of Tribes players out there who have nothing to do with TW. For example, there is a thread in a private beta forum that I'm part of that is full of Tribes players. Now I know for a fact that only a few people on TW got into that beta.

TW is full of people passionate about Tribes, but I don't think 90% of Tribes players share that same defensive passion - yet they will turn out for another Tribes game.

In short, I believe HiRez thinks we are irrelevant in 2011, and they may be kinda right.

(don't crucify the messenger)

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
7164 - 09-04-2011, 23:48
sharing your opinion doesn't make you a messenger

this game is being churned out to turn a quick profit

this is a company of 40 people working on 6+ games at once

getting the tribes franchise name for extremely cheap they could **** in a box with the tribes label on it and turn atleast a small profit

this game is garbage

SmallKiwi
VeteranXV
Old
7165 - 09-04-2011, 23:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow(of)Death View Post
To be fair, while we are the last real Tribes forum (barely), there is a large sea of Tribes players out there who have nothing to do with TW. For example, there is a thread in a private beta forum that I'm part of that is full of Tribes players. Now I know for a fact that only a few people on TW got into that beta.

TW is full of people passionate about Tribes, but I don't think 90% of Tribes players share that same defensive passion - yet they will turn out for another Tribes game.

In short, I believe HiRez thinks we are irrelevant in 2011, and they may be kinda right.

And lets not forget, some of us are willing to give the game a shot despite any perceived flaws it might have. It still looks fun in the videos.

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
7166 - 09-04-2011, 23:49
i never said they should cater specifically to tribalwar but if you think 'tribes players' aren't going to collectively go 'uhm, wtf' when they see/play t:a ... i mean come on. t:a is nothing like anything that came before it.

seriously what is in t:a that you can point to and go "oh man i used to love that in tribes (insert version)"

the jet pack?
skiing?

?

thats about it right and those two aren't even that good from what i've seen/read.

i'm not one that wants T1 with better graphics. i'm totally fine with something new with new things/ideas added. t:a is not that though. it doesn't take the best from all the games and improve upon them. instead it removes much of those games and takes a big **** on their chest all while saying "i promise not to **** it up" and then says "you'll like this **** on your chest".

well **** you, you are ****ing it up and i don't particularly care for **** on my chest thank you very much.

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
7167 - 09-04-2011, 23:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8jIIPocqUU

here you go

Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
7168 - 09-04-2011, 23:51
@Smallkiwi - Very true - even more so since it's free. We will all try it, and there will probably be a decent sized group of us that will spend money on it and play it regularly.

drake
VeteranXX
Old
7169 - 09-05-2011, 00:50
lol **** in a box , probably will have more content.

axle-
VeteranXV
Old
7170 - 09-05-2011, 09:46
i want to walk up to a goddamn inventory station, and purchase a mother ****ing shield pack with a spinfusor, grenade launcher, AND chaingun.. and riddle holes into noobs.

which loadout is 4 me ?

(none)

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
7171 - 09-05-2011, 11:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow(of)Death View Post

i think the non-tw tribes players (and i agree there are a lot of them) probably have the same opinions on skiing, loadouts, and vehicles

we're not the whole community but i dont see any evidence that our opinions aren't similar to the ex-tribes players as a whole

Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
7172 - 09-05-2011, 11:24
I agree that they care, but just think most of the community outside of TW is less passionate about the little stuff that we sweat. Why that might be, I don't know. Maybe it's a TW culture thing.

°Gn0m3_Gr0wN°
VeteranXX
Old
7173 - 09-05-2011, 12:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
lol **** in a box , probably will have more content.
the Dick in a Box will be neck and neck with the **** in a box

Rilke
VeteranX
Old
7174 - 09-05-2011, 12:27
Any new tribes title is successful until proven a failure.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
7175 - 09-05-2011, 13:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilke View Post
Any new tribes title is successful until proven a failure.
I think you have that backwards.

triQ
VeteranX
Old
7176 - 09-05-2011, 13:38
Despite whatever disagreeable and unpopular choices HiRez makes with Ascend, It'd be a shame, and very very stupid, if the TW community or any ex-tribes players in general boycott the game because it's not the Tribes they played 10 years ago.

I think if people are willing to adapt, the game can be really fun. I'm with a lot of people in this thread with their approach on loadouts - although i can see why they did it - but the most important thing is movement and overall physics of the game. I'm beating a horse, but if they at least they get that right (doesn't even have to be exactly like t1, just something similar I suppose) then I think everything will work out.

People will adapt to game play and new load out structure, TW will just need to learn to adapt and stop living in the past. You never know, you may have the best competition and game play you've ever had with Ascend.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
7177 - 09-05-2011, 13:43
FACT: A sequel should be 70% old, 30% new.

triQ
VeteranX
Old
7178 - 09-05-2011, 13:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
FACT: A sequel should be 70% old, 30% new.
not sure if that's a fact. but i do agree with it

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
7179 - 09-05-2011, 13:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by triQ View Post
Despite whatever disagreeable and unpopular choices HiRez makes with Ascend, It'd be a shame, and very very stupid, if the TW community or any ex-tribes players in general boycott the game because it's not the Tribes they played 10 years ago.
games we played 10 years ago
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
t:a

lot of middle ground there.

vawlk
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7180 - 09-05-2011, 13:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
Here's my biggest complaint. HiRez is focusing on making Tribes Ascend into a "class-based" shooter. This actually makes a lot of sense, seeing as how 'classes' have implicitly arisen just out of the Tribes gameplay itself in the form of roles that people play. The big ones that come to mind are Capper, HO, LD, HD/HoF, and Farmer, as well as a myriad of less important roles.

So my biggest question is why are all of the classes that are in this game so ambiguous? The obvious classes are RIGHT ****ING THERE! What the **** am I supposed to do with a medium that has an arx buster and a pistol and a sensor jammer pack? On top of that, the class is named "Scrambler", as if that's somehow indicative of what I'm supposed to use it for?

It would make about a million times more sense if they had a loadout called "Light Defense 1", and then optional loadouts called "Light Defense 2" and "Light Defense 3" that I could earn or purchase. And of course I'm not really complaining about the names, as they could call those classes whatever the **** RPG words they want as long as the roles of the classes were clear. But they ****ing aren't.

Sigh.
need to be quoted and shoved up the ass of hirez devs.

Page 359 of 2009

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
35 psi , animal approves , ascend means more shrikes , austrians , badmofo is a big fucking deal , better graphics without t1 , bf3 blows goats , blitz is a cyberathlete , conspiracy , constraints = creativity , dare play tribe , derp , fuzzy is best tribe player , grapple , kill obibun's dad please , loadout fail , loafting , look i added some tags , moar mortar plz , obibun taint licker , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking a retard , phase 12 , primers , raaaaape~wdeath , targeting laser ftw , the enemy is raping our base , the tao of tribe , this game will succeed , tits:ass , tribes 4 will be fun , tribes: ass end , unreal engine fail , vab nothing left to prove , ze balls make it gay