soulcalibur 4 you got it?

on a slightly different note: Ben, have you played God Hand? im on the second to last level, and the game is sick. i had no idea it would be like this (super awesome)

:lol:

And that, ladies and gentlemen - is the principal problem with the typical gamer's approach to these games -- you can't just go in blind and expect to beat ass without getting your ass beat in return by somebody who's stopped to practice. It wasn't true for Tribes, it wasn't true for WoW (lol), and it won't be true for SC4.

Do yourselves a favor and play around in Practice Mode before you do ANYTHING in-game. Don't just press buttons randomly and expect magic to happen. Cultivate your skills and make your OWN magic.

Personally, I'd give that man a medal. Unless he was a girl. Then I'd get all shy and crap.

I did practice, beat a few of the modes and went 2/3rds of the way up the tower before trying online 2 days later. I was hoping that I wouldn't get demolished being that it had only been released on Tuesday and most ppl would be relatively fresh to it. However; as I stated: it comes down to time...I can only play for about an hour (maybe 2) depending on the day, and a lot of these kids have been living the game for the past few days (school holidays or whatever) and will completely stuff my shit each and everytime...sort of demoralizing for the person who can't avidly game anymore.

So woe is me etc. I had my fun in the starcraft/tribes era

Last edited:
so i buckled and picked this game up

and a hori fighting stick because the 360 d-pad blows ass and using a controller for a fighting game just seems so wrong

Ok, I am really liking The Apprentice, he's pretty damn powerful. Yoda isn't nearly as crazy as he probably could be speed-wise, but I feel like he's getting a lot better as he levels up. Still stick with Killik for the most part, but that Scythe guy is pretty cool as well.

so i buckled and picked this game up

and a hori fighting stick because the 360 d-pad blows ass and using a controller for a fighting game just seems so wrong

how are you liking that fighting stick? This is really the only fighting game that I like, but I've been debating the past few days whether I should pick up a stick for this or not, and if so, which one should I get.

I did practice, beat a few of the modes and went 2/3rds of the way up the tower before trying online 2 days later. I was hoping that I wouldn't get demolished being that it had only been released on Tuesday and most ppl would be relatively fresh to it. However; as I stated: it comes down to time...I can only play for about an hour (maybe 2) depending on the day, and a lot of these kids have been living the game for the past few days (school holidays or whatever) and will completely stuff my shit each and everytime...sort of demoralizing for the person who can't avidly game anymore.

So woe is me etc. I had my fun in the starcraft/tribes era

or it could be people who have been playing the soul calibur series for years. during my freshman year we had a ps2 in our suite and we played a few rounds nearly every day, bet quesadillas and shit on the outcome, got really good at it in the process. we got SC3 once it came out a year or so later and could more or less kick ass at it immediately as some characters are recurring and hold over a good portion of their moves so you just have to get a hang of the changes.

don't have a ps3/x360 atm so haven't tried out this version yet

I ran into a guy online who had a Nightmare-style custom character, managed to juggle me for my entire health bar with one move. It was so lame. :(

online's lag makes the gameplay biased towards all out attack. the lag really fucks with blocking since when the defender blocks, his next attack is lagged comparing to the attacker's chain combo that's going off

Yeah, the only time I manage any breaks is if I just kind of guess when the person will attack, there is serious delay in the online, atleast so far. I'm gonna try resetting my cable modem and routers tonight to see if they are just getting bogged up again.

the 360 version has just gotten it's first bit of DLC. all the music from SC3, and the costume parts for all the primary characters from SC3.

Back