FS/FT: 2012 Street Legal Dune Buggy (Plated / Reg'd)

Vermillion1

Veteran X
$5,000 firm. Will accept up to $2,500 in trades involving firearms or ammunition.

Here are my specific interests in trades in order of most wanted to least wanted:

#1) SCAR (5.56) or TAVOR (5.56) + Cash
#2) AR-15 / AR-10 Platforms + Cash
#3) Pistols + Cash
#4) Revolvers + Cash
#5) .22LR / 9MM / 5.56 Ammo + Cash

Or any combination of the above up to a value of $2,500.

DSCF7348.jpg

Video shows start up & running perfectly; BMS 1000 Start Up - YouTube

- 1000cc Suzuki based engine
- 54HP / 75TQ (1600lb total weight)
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- RWD + All Wheel Disc Brakes
- Less than 11,000 miles
- 4 Speed Manual Transmission w/Reverse
- Up to 60 Miles Per Gallon
- Street Legal (currently has a license plate and registration)
- Tires 90% Tread
- Fully Adjustment Independent Suspension
- Four Point Safety Restraints
- Light Rack / Cargo Rack
- Super Easy Maintenance
- Insurance Cheap (I pay $30 a month for full coverage + uninsured damage)
- Max Speed 80-85MPH (Driven on Interstate no problem)

Feel free to email me with any questions.

IMPORTANT:

- NO WARRANTY IS OFFERED OR IMPLIED, SOLD AS IS
- $500 NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED WITHIN 48 HOURS IF YOU WISH TO SECURE THIS VEHICLE (for those waiting on tax returns for example)

Last edited:
No, I have no idea actually...

just saw a picture of a dune buggy in the middle of the frozen tundra and though that's an odd picture.

I don't see what the problem with the price is. I currently have a VW bug dune buggy that I paid 8 grand for and have another 3 grand invested in rebuilding the motor. With the right engine and other shit, they're worth 13-15k street legal.

If I didn't already have one I'd get something like this. You'd be hard pressed to find a 4 wheeler/motorcycle of similar usefulness for that price, let alone street legal or as fun.

You niggas is cheap.

Edit: Do you have a title for it? What is it registered under?

Last edited:
I don't see what the problem with the price is. I currently have a VW bug dune buggy that I paid 8 grand for and have another 3 grand invested in rebuilding the motor. With the right engine and other shit, they're worth 13-15k street legal.

If I didn't already have one I'd get something like this. You'd be hard pressed to find a 4 wheeler/motorcycle of similar usefulness for that price, let alone street legal or as fun.

You niggas is cheap.

Edit: Do you have a title for it? What is it registered under?

In GA it is registered under the Antique / Hobby vehicle category as a 1975 VW.

Its basically built to operate the same as the old VW sand rails even though it was constructed with all new parts in 2012 and is a non-VW. GA code allows for this due to its 'mimic' purpose for lack of a better description.

No title (they only register under that category).

I would totally buy it but there's no way to register it in SC without a title or VIN

It has a 17 digit VIN.

Are you sure your vintage / hobby / etc etc category requires a title? How do you guys who build vintage cars from scratch do it?

I think you can bond it to create a title or something.

Dunno.

In GA it is registered under the Antique / Hobby vehicle category as a 1975 VW.

Its basically built to operate the same as the old VW sand rails even though it was constructed with all new parts in 2012 and is a non-VW. GA code allows for this due to its 'mimic' purpose for lack of a better description.

No title (they only register under that category).

I bought my bug from GA and it was an absolute nightmare to title it. It had a VIN but the idiot had it registered as a completely different car than the VIN declared. I got it sorted out and it's street legal with a 76 bug title but without a real VIN then there aren't many people out of GA or other non-title states that would have much use for your car.

It's neat, but your legal buyers market isn't very large.

Edit: I just read it has a vin. SC requires the vehicle to be visually and personally inspected by the DOT. If it's regisered as a VW and doesn't have a single piece of VW hardware on it, then I doubt they'll go for it. My bug has the front/read end/suspension and engine so I was able to convince them to give me a title.

People who build cars have a base that they go off of, on paper, and usually have a donor title to go off of rather than having to go from a state that doesn't require titles (GA) to a state that does (SC).

Also, my bug's title states "reconstructed" which is what most car builders can go through to title a custom car. Things are made a lot easier if they have a base title to go off of, the GA to SC thing would be difficult but I did it, just took a lot of phone calls and paperwork.

Last edited:
Yes in states that require visual inspection / safety inspection probably a no-go.

Commie states. lol

But as an purely off road vehicle all it needs is some different tires and its ready to go as it was orginally constructed. This thing keeps up with Polaris RZR's on the dunes and doesn't cost $20,000.

Wood be a good farm vehicle as it has a top rack and a hitch on the back.

I'll take 6.

Pack em up and ship and I'll have my purchaser send you the check once it arrives.

I have gotten so many of these. But checks are old school, now they use paypal.

And they don't even use a unique line either;

"I work on an oil rig on off the shore of CA, I'll paypal you the money and have someone pick it up." is the most common I get.

Back