SENNHEISER PC37X

What's with the huge R and L on the sides of the cups? These made for blind people?

Quit being cheapskates and just drop $34,000.

Planar Magnetic vs dynamic drivers is probably all he's hearing. (when comparable frequency response is taken into account) Lower/tighter bass response, lower distortion, but weaker stereo imaging seems to be the characteristics of the tech. (Haven't had the chance to hear any myself)

$3000 on stands for a dac/amp/psu that are already snake oil grade.
Just get a Neve RNHP + whatever DAC or a Grace Design m900 if you want nice, but not snake oil.

Audeze makes some planar magnetic headphones for around $1600 that are of mastering/mixing* reference grade.

*Would still need hardware or software crossfeed with any headphones for that purpose.

Last edited:
Do these things need a dac? My crappy open backs just bit the dust and I need a replacement.

ya but on amazon u can get a bundle wit rly good amp also from beyer... as for dac thats just my sound card which alredy has rly gud dac... its asus essence stx. however these days even onboard dacs r great. wut rly matters here is noise isolation from the rest of yor pc.

also if u do get an amp u may hear some ground noise thru it. this is easily fixed by removing the ground prong in the power cable.... this its not quite recommended for safety reasons but i yoloed it. watever electrical nerds here can offer details.

Surprised that more music today isn't binaurally produced specifically for headphones. Listening with headphones is probably more common now than with actual speakers.

Probably because the 13-year-old girls listening to their AirPods who make up 90% of those people can’t tell the difference. The audiophile snob world makes up like .00000001% of listeners. And half of them can’t tell anyway.

Back