i said i would wait for oled before i bought another tv by naptown - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page i said i would wait for oled before i bought another tv
Page 2 of 4
1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
21 - 07-07-2017, 13:21
and computers once cost 8k and came with an 8 - bit screen

how the **** is that relevant

Sponsored Links
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 07-07-2017, 13:25
because in less than 6 months it'll be $1k

but nap isn't want for money so who cares

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
23 - 07-07-2017, 13:38
LG Oleds do not drop in price by 2/3rds in 6 months

they dont drop in price by 2/3rds in 2 years

they get phased out for the new model. that's like saying wait a year for the iphone to save some cash - not gona happen

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
24 - 07-07-2017, 13:47

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 07-07-2017, 14:20
the only thing that can match OLED is emmisive QDLED and thats not for another 4-5 years... so i dont think the price will drop much.

dibs
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 07-07-2017, 17:30
i'd do some blow

SuperSniperX
Veteranniner
Contributor
Old
27 - 11-08-2017, 14:19
Bumping this because I finally caved and bought the same TV. Amazon is selling these through Beach Camera, Prime, with free express local next day shipping (depending on the area) for 2049.99. Looks like the price jumped up to 2149.99 currently, but its fluctuating.

Just search for LG OLED B7A. They sell them as certified refurbished with 1 year manufacturer warranty and a 1 year additional warranty added to it. Everyone has been getting brand new, unopened TVs. Apparently this is how they get around the manufacturer minimum pricing.

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
28 - 11-08-2017, 14:22
doesn't the OLED tech have issues with burn-in?

I know Samsung had some sort of extended warranty to assuage peoples fears but it was for a limited time or something.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 11-08-2017, 14:28
idk ronboy at costco.com says it is an inferior tv that can't do scaling for sub-4k content and the installer threw out the box and stand so he can't return it

also do u have enough hertz? u need at least a megahertz on ur display

SuperSniperX
Veteranniner
Contributor
Old
30 - 11-08-2017, 14:54
Also, if you have one of those citi price rewind cards, you can use the shady tvsuperstores price as pricematch and get another $500 off.

Codect
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 11-08-2017, 15:14
Why not c7p cheap fuk

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
32 - 11-08-2017, 15:15
one of the reviews on the costco site. dude is weird

This screen is really good for viewing silent movies, because of the picture quality. All else is a disaster.

Want to watch your favorite game on ESPN from the internet? No go, it does not support ***8220;Flash Player***8221;. So you cannot view anything using the most common interface. After my compliant it now shows an onscreen message that it cannot each time you select something with Flash Player.

Go to YouTube and try to play the Dolby test of your surround sound 7.1 or 5.1. It won***8217;t work. Verified with tech support and their engineer. I did the same test on my friends Visio, and it worked perfectly the first try.

The OLED could not transmit the 5.1 from the Blu Ray player to the Yamaha receiver. Tech support wired around it. And five button pushes your friends will never know how to push in sequence.

Want to play music from streaming sites, that will support surround sound? No can do. Verified by support and engineering.

Want to make surround sound music on your computer, and play through the OLED? No can do. Verified by Apple, and tech support.

Want to play your home movies for family and friends? No can do. The builtin hardwired HDCP (security for big movie makers) will turn off your screen after 10 minutes and not tell you why. Verified by tech support and engineering.

Does your receiver use AC3 for Dolby Sound? You have to ask for a technician to come to your home to turn it on with his special device. No other way.

All four the HDMI connectors are said to be 2.0 compliant. (two way communication) Only one is. Their stated standard for performance is if any HDMI device works in that connection, then they have no responsibility if yours does not work because it needs the higher standard. Apple verified 3 of the connections does not work with their computers.

The stand is worthless and rocks back and forth, mount it to the wall.

You will need support, plan on 20 minute hold minimum. And if you have these questions those will have to be upgraded, with 25 minute waits between. Use the bathroom first, it will be a long time.

When this OLED starts up, know that you have to let them monitor your use of all the connections, and topics of content. And will sell for advertising purposes. And it can take voice commands so the National Security Administration can monitor your conversations.

And they are updating the software frequently, so when something does not work like it used to, its not you losing your mind. It is treatment for Alzheimers as a social benefit.

LG is trying. Replaced the device. No success. Replaced the electronic board with newer one no better. They are trying as in trial and error, with no more trying.

Stealth
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 11-08-2017, 15:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSniperX View Post
Also, if you have one of those citi price rewind cards, you can use the shady tvsuperstores price as pricematch and get another $500 off.
^Use any credit card (citi is best because of the extended warranty) with price match benefits and buy the TV on Ebay from a reputable unauthorized reseller to get it much cheaper (also save on tax). In the end, you could get something like a 65E7P for half of the price that you would pay in a big box store.

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 11-08-2017, 15:58
No Adobe Flash is a deal breaker

Danno
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 11-08-2017, 18:03
I will share an image of what I watch movies on. I have this because I have no life.

(small grainy video clip of it in motion. sorry I don't know how to properly photograph the screen to give you an idea of image quality)

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Last edited by Danno; 11-08-2017 at 18:13..
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
36 - 11-08-2017, 18:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I will share an image of what I watch movies on. I have this because I have no life.

(small grainy video clip of it in motion. sorry I don't know how to properly photograph the screen to give you an idea of image quality)

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Specs on the proj? How big is the image you're casting?

I used to rock a similar setup for a long time back in the 720p days, on a 100" screen. I'll probably do it again when the kids are older.

My biggest gripe was the fan noise directly overhead, but projectors now are probably built with that in mind.

Danno
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 11-08-2017, 19:19
I'll do my best with the specs. It is an Epson 6040ub (comes with extra bulb, mount and warranty).

It can accept a 4K signal and jerry rig it to be much clearer than a standard 1080p image. They call it pixel shifting. It is NOT a true 4k projector. The cheapest ones on the market are $8000 dollars and are from Sony only. It does help when watching 4k content and makes a difference but comparing it to the Sony projector they had on display is kind of noticeable. It also has HDR on it. HDR for me is a bit rough at the moment because a while ago I would have said HDR blows ass but either something changed with AmazonPrime streaming or the firmware updated on my hardware because it is much better than before. It used to be so dark it was unwatchable but now it is fine. They claim it has a 1,000,000 : 1 contrast... I don't know why but that seems far fetched.

From memory it has about 2600 lumens of brightness. I am casting it on a 92" screen. If I went any bigger the speakers would have overlapped the screen. Size is relative to the room anyways so it fits in nice.

I have hooked up my PC to it and played some games. The image looks fine but playing games accurately on a 92" screen is rather disorienting. Surprisingly not a lot of ghosting but it isn't perfect. The only thing that was fun playing on it was Worms WMD with a friend.

I would say the fan on the projector sounds like a well insulating PC. It isn't that obnoxious, especially once a movies audio turns on you don't notice it too much. However, if you put the power setting on High the fans become noisier.

I THINK the laser projector equivalent of what I have is fairly quiet but it is also double the price.

Any other questions?

Last edited by Danno; 11-08-2017 at 19:26..
SuperSniperX
Veteranniner
Contributor
Old
38 - 11-08-2017, 19:29
The theater in my sister's lake house has an old JVC DLA-HD990, that think is a ****ing tank of a projector. Still has a great picture. I know eventually i'll put a dedicated theater in my basement. Once non-pixel shifting true 4k projectors are under $2000, i'll probably pull the trigger. Sony just put one out there that's true 4k under $5k so it's only a matter of time.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
39 - 11-08-2017, 19:44
i go to the store, i say i'll take one television please, i go home and play video games

ppl need something better to do in life than look at 13-letter abbreviation codes for the color of a tv pixel

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
40 - 11-08-2017, 19:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Federere View Post
http://gizmodo.com/tcls-new-roku-4k-...eap-1796514028

Fu I just got this for 599
im about to pull the trigger on this for $650 tho for some reason
however, i remember when my dad bought a 70 inch tv back in 2003. It was 5k, but was HD and also 18 inches deeb with the speakers built in on the bottom, big ****ing honkin speakers

that ****ing tv ruled
but yea anyway, a 65 inch amazing **** taking up no space is half the price
**** man

Page 2 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page i said i would wait for oled before i bought another tv

Social Website Bullshit