things that go bump in the night are going bump in my attic

ufo.jpg

:bump:
Last spring I went on a camping trip with 3 or my friends. We had planed on camping near this lake I know about, but its a good 2 hour hike into the woods to find a decent place to camp. After about an hour we found a decent place and being that Im a lazy fat ass I talked them into stoping and setting it up there.

After a few hours of clearin sticks and brush, we got the tent up, and got the fire ready for cooking our dinner. After we got the steaks cooked and eaten it was almost dark and we had forgotten to chop any spare fire wood. Well let me tell you cutting a fucking log after dark is a pain in the ass. We cut for a bit till it looked like we had plenty, so we went back to camp.

About 2 AM we heard music in the woods around us it sounded like an old radio but we never found out where it was coming from and I know no one was camping with in a mile of us.

Oh and after we got the nerve to lay down we could heard cyotes, in the wood all around us so needless to say none of us slept much.

ICFire said:
I was settling in for a good nights sleep last night, just about ready to doze off, around 10pm...I was getting up at 4am, when my neighbors decided it'd be a good time to grill some steaks...

Talk about waking you up with your stomach going...bastards, didn't even have enough to share!

Haha me and my friend's used to do that all the time. We would have a bunch of people meet up at his place and BBQ any time around 10pm-2am. The neighbor's window is like 40ft away. Good ol days.

MotB Chaos said:
Okay. True story.

I was mountain biking with a friend late one afternoon in a relatively remote area of the nearby mountains. We rode a bit longer than we had planned and it was starting to get really dark. We got to the paved road heading back to the car when I noticed my tire was flat. Riding uphill with a flat was no fun at all, so I started walking. I told my friend to ride ahead to get the car and to come back to pick me up.

Within a few minutes, it was totally dark. Not your regular dark, either. I'm talking no moon, no stars, no lights, can't see your hand in front of your face dark. It didn't bother me, 'cause I'm generally not afraid of the dark.

Then I heard a noise. Thought it was a rodent or something in the bushes. Didn't pay much attention to it until I heard it again. Closer. Something was rustling the bushes. Thinking it was an animal of some kind, I cleared my throat and made some noises to scare it off. It rustled again. Same place. Sounded to be just off the side of the road ahead of me. No friendly animal stays around after the noise making thing, so I was starting to get nervous.

I looked around for a weapon, but the closest thing to something deadly I could find was my portable pump (tire was blown or it would have been useful). I grabbed the plastic, lightweight, useless pump and stood there for a few minutes. Didn't hear anything. I walked forward some more and heard the rustling again. I was scared as hell by now. I'm thinking it's a cougar. A damn loud cougar. Or a crazy guy. Damn crazy guys are always sneaking around in the dark killing people.

Thinking that walking/running is better than standing still, I start running with my bike, being sure to keep my bike between me and whatever is on the side of the road. A few feet ahead of me, in the darkness, I saw it. Just off the side of the road. Waiting for me. It was a plastic bag. Stuck on a bush. The wind would make it rustle just like a cougar.

PyroTeknik said:
Only one explanation.

Your house is built on an indian graveyard where was buried a refrigerator that was destroyed in vietnam while it was watching television.

This had me laughing out loud for quite a while.

ROFL

Back