Anyone into mountain bikes

Even if you run tubeless you still carry a tube and pump and/or co2 canister as you can roll or split a tyre. You can run lower pressure and avoid pinch flats with tubeless. Pinch flats are more frequent if pressures are low. They tend to happen on sharp edges of rocks. Also good if there are thorns on the trails near you. Some people will say you save weight with tubeless but you run about 100 g sealant and a tube is about 100g. A TR tyre is slightly heavier than non TR.

45 is super high. I run about 30 on the rear and like most people, run the front slightly softer for grip.

Yes it's likely 2.2 as 2.0 is very narrow. The listed bike might have 2.0 as 10.75 kg is superlight for a 29". If you get some luggage scales it's easy to weigh. I flip it upside down and lift with luggage scales. The tyres are an easy way to drop/increase weight.

I tend to run tubes as I don't get many flats and with foldable tyres it's pretty fast to get tube in and out. I also change tyres a bit so can't be stuffed with goo as it's messy. With wire bead tyre (which is heavier) it can be more frustrating. You get fast at changing a tube. I tend to sit down and have the wheel on my lap. If you time yourself you can get very quick at it. I find the goo in tubeless messy. If I was racing I would probbaly ride tubeless.

Also, you're supposed to change the goo every 6 months to a year which seems like another pain. But people with tubeless swear by it. Depends on lots of things.

Not sure of the conditions where you live are but in priority I always carry:

1. Snake (compression) bandage with clip, ID, charged mobile phone and my brain that knows how to treat snake bite.
2. Water, tube, pump
3. Multitool, CO2 canister, cable ties, a spare "quick link" for chain, puncture repair kit if more flats.

Where I ride is close to home in a compact area so I have tube, pump hidden under a log in a plastic bag as I do laps there. But I always carry snake bandage and phone as we have snakes.

Until it becomes more clear what kinda riding I'm gonna do, I won't bother changing any more stuff. I kinda wanna dropper post but I'll try to stop myself from spending the money on it. And I won't bother trying tubeless at this point that's for sure. I changed 3 tubes in the last month on my commuter bikes and patched one, so in that regard I'm set for technical knowledge.

ezgif-5-8a07845860f4.gif

Not recommended. I used to drop 6' off a retaining wall onto a concrete parking lot pretty regularly, but those gap jumps frighten me. Looks like there's pretty good runout on that so it would be easy to learn, but still, yikes.

Apples is that you doing it? And if so, was there an oh shit I went too fast moment? Cuz you borderline overshot that fucker....

tubeless is killer because you can run low pressures

low pressure on rough terrain = less rolling resistance and much better traction

I usually get a couple thousand miles out of a good tubeless setup riding pretty rocky terrain

apples' body is like 40% metal and plastic pins from that shit

dude's a madman ;)

:heart: my half cyborg brolie

Dropper post is excellent upgrade. You want them to try and run the cable through the frame (internal cable routing). I adjust my dropper post about half to a third of the times I change a gear on the rear 11 speed cassette. The early ones use to play up often and people would need to get them repaired, especially big dudes, but now I think they are much better.

Back