Woman's 5-day trip from Florida to Maine in van was an 'inhumane . . . hell.' by Rooster128 - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Woman's 5-day trip from Florida to Maine in van was an 'inhumane . . . hell.'
Page 3 of 6
Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
41 - 03-27-2017, 12:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsin View Post
For the last few weeks you've been bitter. What happened?

And what's with the short sightedness? You can punish people without treating them like animals. Do you think criminals who've been treated like animals in prison will be rehabilitated upon release?

Treat them like animals, they'll be animals. Treat them with some dignity, they just might not be assholes upon release.
Hold on there a second pal, I'm not saying it's not true, and I'm not saying it is. This is arguably the best debatable thread in months. Both sides are completely plausible, and as it's been said, the truth lies probably somewhere in the middle.

Sponsored Links
chaiwalla
VeteranX
Old
42 - 03-27-2017, 12:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster128 View Post
Caged in van No. 1304 | Sun Journal

- The van's two drivers carried handguns and Tasers. They spoke little English. They wouldn't stop when Quinn begged to use a bathroom.
umm this is extremely xenophobic and its really hard to empathize

with a racist this is very problematic i hate to be pedantic but this

needs to be called out

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
43 - 03-27-2017, 12:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
anyone saying she is lying about how awful that **** was is crazy. these contractors don't give a **** if you are uncomfortable they just hope you don't die (they've had at least 1 person die a year since 2000)

keep in mind these people have not been processed by the law and they may be innocent or guilty. its not acceptable to treat these people with such a lack of disrespect for basic human dignity, this is something that could happen to someone completely innocent. the government is aware of this problem and doesn't really give a **** because who cries for inmates
Even if they were convicted this is ****ed up

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
44 - 03-27-2017, 13:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post
The alternative will cost a **** load of money. QFT
no ... no I don't see how this costs anymore money, and even if it did, I don't see how that makes it ok.

arsin
Veteran++
Old
45 - 03-27-2017, 13:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Hold on there a second pal, I'm not saying it's not true, and I'm not saying it is. This is arguably the best debatable thread in months. Both sides are completely plausible, and as it's been said, the truth lies probably somewhere in the middle.
It's a more defined topic, not a nebulous dodgy one like the Trump.

As to which story is more plausible perhaps that isn't important. The issue is how the contractors move prisoners. These guys an d the whole industry must suck. I wonder how 1 prisoner dies each year?

The County who contracted this animal prisoner moving service has ended the contract - safe to assume - due to a litany of previous transgressions, this being the final transgression which triggered an escape clause.

Last edited by arsin; 03-27-2017 at 13:25..
WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
46 - 03-27-2017, 13:13
How many people do you think die in prison and no one even blinks an eye? I mean do people even notice or care?

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
47 - 03-27-2017, 13:35
If she wasnt in a cage smaller thannthis she would probably be raped by the other prisoners

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
48 - 03-27-2017, 13:50
Quote:
no ... no I don't see how this costs anymore money, and even if it did, I don't see how that makes it ok.
Consider the amount of prisoners that have to be transported. Below is just one example of these costs. Imagine that on a national level.

A large part is logistics. You can't just pull into a hotel with a bus load of prisoners. Most jails don't have the capacity to act as Con-Hotel. You can't stop at a shell station and let the prisoners out to piss. Prisoners/people need to piss at different times, logistics make that impossible for a prisoner bus.

So even if you flew them at extreme costs, you still have to transport to different states, counties etc..

No I am not saying this is right but it is part of the logistics of managing a prisoner population. Just because prisoner 213 needs to piss doesn't mean you just pull over.

So what we regulate? We let the government manage movement and let the sjws have their say and these people will be flying coach.

Quote:
State spent $34,000 on flight for prisoners in 2014 - Wed Mar 1st, 2017

OLYMPIA — Washington state’s corrections department has been shuttling prisoners back to the state on airplanes routinely used by Gov. Jay Inslee. The King Air trips have cost taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars, according to an investigation by the News Tribune.

Records show the state used its two State Patrol planes nine times to transport 14 inmates from January 2013 to September 2016, the newspaper reported Sunday.

Some of the trips were to move problematic prisoners to out-of-state facilities, while other flights were dedicated to picking up probation violators who left the state.

The most expensive King Air flight was in 2014, when the state paid $34,000 to bring two probation violators back to Washington from Florida.

The planes are used by prisoners who have been deemed high-risk by corrections officials.

David Flynn, who oversees the prisoner flight program, acknowledged that using King Air is “more expensive for us” but said the State Patrol planes are a crucial safety tool.

Some of the trips were to move problematic prisoners to out-of-state facilities, while other flights were dedicated to picking up probation violators who left the state.

The most expensive King Air flight was in 2014, when the state paid $34,000 to bring two probation violators back to Washington from Florida.

The planes are used by prisoners who have been deemed high-risk by corrections officials.

David Flynn, who oversees the prisoner flight program, acknowledged that using King Air is “more expensive for us” but said the State Patrol planes are a crucial safety tool.
State spent $34,000 on flight for prisoners in 2014 | Peninsula Daily News

I guess we could all pitch in and buy a King Air for every large municipality

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
49 - 03-27-2017, 13:53
Quote:
I'm trying to figure out why they would use cages in a van in the first place. That seems a terrible use of space. You could easily fit 10 prisoners in a standard cargo van with benches. A simple chain/shackle system on the floor would keep them in place and manageable, particularly for non-violent check cashers.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
50 - 03-27-2017, 13:56
so you're suggesting instead we try and save money by treating people as less than human, including people who are innocent and have not been given their constitutional right to due process by the law? well if we're just going to throw out the constitution and have no regard for basic human dignity why feed prisoners? why heat prisons? those things are expensive. they might be innocent? no bother, they must have been doing something wrong since they wound up "in the system".

why have any accountability at all? someone is suspected of a crime? throw them away, let them rot in some van covered in their own filth. we can just use secret police and get rid of anyone we feel like.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 03-27-2017, 13:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
I'm trying to figure out why they would use cages in a van in the first place. That seems a terrible use of space. You could easily fit 10 prisoners in a standard cargo van with benches. A simple chain/shackle system on the floor would keep them in place and manageable, particularly for non-violent check cashers.
its probably just a regular van so they probably toss a cage inside or install one.

i imagine it would be cheaper to do a chaperone and a greyhound ffs

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
52 - 03-27-2017, 14:02

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
53 - 03-27-2017, 14:15
Quote:
so you're suggesting instead we try and save money by treating people as less than human, including people who are innocent and have not been given their constitutional right to due process by the law? well if we're just going to throw out the constitution and have no regard for basic human dignity why feed prisoners? why heat prisons? those things are expensive. they might be innocent? no bother, they must have been doing something wrong since they wound up "in the system".

why have any accountability at all? someone is suspected of a crime? throw them away, let them rot in some van covered in their own filth. we can just use secret police and get rid of anyone we feel like.
Easy there Hoss. You're letting your emotions run away with you. To manage a **** load of people is no easy task. Ask the military. You have to move people safely as in not get away and kill someones little girl.

You have a **** load of locations you have to serve. And you have deadlines.

No matter what you do someone is going to be pissed. It's just a matter of getting it done. Yes there are abuses but they are surprisingly low in comparison to the amount of volume these services have to move. A lot of the cases against them have been dismissed and others have carried stiff penalties.

You may be caught up in the system and if you are innocent then you get removed from the system at some point. Others are guilty and dangerous. They are liars, cheats, rapists and murderers. You have to transport prisoners together. You cant separate them by asking which one is guilty and which one is innocent?

Tack on a what a billion? I dunno but it would be close to that to fly them and considering the amount of vehicle transports you would still have to do and also for the times when you don't have enough in a plane?

Present that bill to taxpayers and they are going to say this "**** em"

Sorry dude if you get caught up but that's the breaks and also the detterent

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
54 - 03-27-2017, 14:16
That doesn't look like a cage to me

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
55 - 03-27-2017, 14:22
Quote:
the government is aware of this problem and doesn't really give a **** because who cries for inmates
only about 50% of this forum from comments i am reading

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
56 - 03-27-2017, 14:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post
Rayn, there is no way she was driven 12 hours straight for 7 days.

The deaths.. wouldn't that be expected when you're dealing with numbers and with people who are unquestionably, in denial about their health?

Guilty or innocent when you enter the system, you pay the price. It is designed to be uncomfortable.

Last one. How do you think people would react if they were presented a big tax bill for 'prisoner' transport? Look at prisons. No one cares.

Right or wrong. I don't see this changing and I don't see people giving a ****. Maybe sad maybe just people being people
most ordinary people have no idea how these people work......

those with high recidivism rates know that the more they cry the more they get

they know that the more hardships they create the more the system has to give leniency to them

they know that if they cry hard enough, create enough manufactured hardships, they can all but walk out of jail and punishments across this country today

they learned this through a life of playing the victim card and constantly feeling like entitled twats

i knew a lady who said her chest hurt in county jail every time she got caught selling meth and at some point the jail got tired of calling an ambulance for her. knew if they didn't do something they would be financially and legally liable, so they just let her take herself to the hospital......they just opened the doors

she pulled this same trick in court and the judge knew she was such a pain in the ass that he gave her time served and nothing more came from it.....despite it being her seventh or eighth meth selling conviction

i constantly tell people to go to any rural courthouse where there is a high welfare rate and drug problem and just sit in court as a spectator one day......

you will see **** that you can't unsee and make you completely give up on whatever humanity you thought you had.

Last edited by Captain Tele; 03-27-2017 at 14:29..
Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
57 - 03-27-2017, 14:31
i mean i know it is a ****ty life

Prisoners In Maximum Security Jail Say Guards Are Too Loud | Black America Web

Quote:
Nearly 70 noise complaints have been filed by the 1,100 inmates segregated at Pelican Bay since the checks began early last month. The segregation unit, which houses gang leaders and those who commit serious crimes behind bars, is at the center of a landmark court settlement announced earlier this month that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in California state prisons.

Rushford suggested the department consider using video cameras, while Bien said officials could consider issuing soft-soled shoes to night patrols.
but these people just running out of real complaints now IMO

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
58 - 03-27-2017, 14:31
Let's just skip the middle man and execute ppl accused of anything, it would be way cheaper

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
59 - 03-27-2017, 14:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztir View Post
Let's just skip the middle man and execute ppl accused of anything, it would be way cheaper
We can't skip **** we have to get these people back to where they can face their accusers dumbass. How do you do that with the numbers we are talking about and all the bull**** that comes with a prisoner? I'm not paying for them to have a short trip. **** em

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
60 - 03-27-2017, 14:38
WOODCHIPPER

Quote:
No drugs. They needed the money to pay off their govt. student loan.

Page 3 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Woman's 5-day trip from Florida to Maine in van was an 'inhumane . . . hell.'

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert