Reload this Page Official Christianity Thread
Page 8 of 27
Gil
VeteranXV
Old
141 - 07-02-2008, 23:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipher77 View Post
What I mean is that money on Earth is a form of wealth. Intelligence as well can be regarded as wealth but not in the monetary sense. When you think of Einstein dont you consider him gifted? Even wealthy in terms of attributes? He sure has more then what most of us have in terms of intellect. This is what I mean.
Yes so he should...get rid of... that wealth before god can accept him, yes?

Sponsored Links
Plunk
VeteranX
Old
142 - 07-02-2008, 23:22
Quote:
You ask me a question I do not really know the answer to my friend.
Well see, if you looked at something called empirical evidence instead of blind faith, you would have a confident answer (roughly 4.55 billion years).

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
143 - 07-02-2008, 23:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpy Dooby View Post
All Pauline Christian churches (which comprises of the entirety of mainstream Christianity, and any Christian church that is based primarily on the New Testament) go against some aspect of what Jesus taught, especially the Protestant derivatives of the United States.

Jesus--
"Go not into the way of the Gentiles" (Matt. 10:5)
"I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel" (Matt. 15:24)
"...for salvation is of the Jews" (John 4:22)

Paul--
"For so the Lord has commanded us, saying, I have set you to be a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the uttermost parts of the earth" (Acts 13:47)
"from henceforth, I (Paul--Ed.) will go unto the Gentiles" (Acts 18:6)
"that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it" (Acts 28:28)
"that I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles" (Rom. 15:16)
"that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ" (Eph. 3:8)
(Acts 20:21, 26:17-18, 20, 23, 22:21, Rom. 1:5, 13, 3:29, 11:11-13, 15:9, Gal. 2:2, 7-9, 3:14, Eph. 3:6, 1 Tim. 2:7, 3:16, 2 Tim. 4:17).
Jesus first came to save the Jews, Gods holy people, but when the Pharisees mocked him and actively tried to stop him from giving his Gospel, he then gave God's grace to the Gentiles. Us basically/

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
144 - 07-02-2008, 23:22
Quote:
You ask me a question I do not really know the answer to my friend.
then you aren't much of a christian

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
145 - 07-02-2008, 23:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunk View Post
Well see, if you looked at something called empirical evidence instead of blind faith, you would have a confident answer (roughly 4.55 billion years).
How does the age of the Earth have any impact in terms of what God wants from his children?

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
146 - 07-02-2008, 23:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
then you aren't much of a christian
Because I did not know the age of the Earth?

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
147 - 07-02-2008, 23:23
Quote:
Jesus first came to save the Jews, Gods holy people, but when the Pharisees mocked him and actively tried to stop him from giving his Gospel, he then gave God's grace to the Gentiles. Us basically/
If god knew everything, he would know this would happen, and would work to stop it in some other way

unless he was really misleading *everyone*, including Jesus.

Now what kind of sense does *that* make?

Hive_Tyrant
Clambaked5
Contributor
Old
148 - 07-02-2008, 23:24
Quote:
The God Who Wasn't There is trash. Stop pretending like it's some sort of scholarly work. It's complete garbage.
I never claimed it was the 'Godfather' of Jesus denial. It's a simplistic primer that even brainwashed Jesus Junkies can understand. There are lots more. If that one sends you screaming to the pulpit, I doubt you could stomach the others.

Spoiler

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
149 - 07-02-2008, 23:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
Yes so he should...get rid of... that wealth before god can accept him, yes?
All I stated in regards to the intelligence parable is that Jesus states it is harder for someone with wealth to obtain the glory of heaven.

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
150 - 07-02-2008, 23:25
Quote:
what about dinosaurs? where did they come from. and please dont say that god put the bones there to test our faith.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
151 - 07-02-2008, 23:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
If god knew everything, he would know this would happen, and would work to stop it in some other way

unless he was really misleading *everyone*, including Jesus.

Now what kind of sense does *that* make?
He knew this was happening of course! You are correct. This is because he intended to not only save the Jews (who had the option to change) but also the Gentiles (who previously did not).

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
152 - 07-02-2008, 23:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
what about dinosaurs? where did they come from. and please dont say that god put the bones there to test our faith.
In Genesis God states that he created the animals of the Earth before man

Plunk
VeteranX
Old
153 - 07-02-2008, 23:26
Quote:
How does the age of the Earth have any impact in terms of what God wants from his children?
The age of the Earth is relevant to the accuracy of the bible, which puts the Earth at around 6000 years old. And if the message of God is to be conveyed through the bible, then one would hope that the source text is reliable.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
154 - 07-02-2008, 23:27
Quote:
All I stated in regards to the intelligence parable is that Jesus states it is harder for someone with wealth to obtain the glory of heaven.
So for einstein to get into heaven easier, he should have a lobotomy.

It's a logical extension of your statement.

And wouldn't it be a lot easier for god to achieve all of his objectives without being so dramatic about it? Granted, people wouldn't want to believe it nearly as much then.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
155 - 07-02-2008, 23:27
Quote:
because you dont study your faith and its history. if you were a true christian you'd be passionate about your faith and spend your time learning instead of wasting our time with this thread and misguided biblical one liners that even your local pastor would at.

Zulu
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
156 - 07-02-2008, 23:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive_Tyrant View Post
The God Who Wasn't There

Edit: I got lots more of these if you feel like educating yourself
I predict that at best you will ignore this, and at worst you will stick your fingers in your ear and make insane humming noises.
Hay guys I get my religion from youtube videos!

Hive_Tyrant
Clambaked5
Contributor
Old
157 - 07-02-2008, 23:28
Quote:
Hay guys I get my religion from youtube videos!
Sad thing is, it has more truth in it than yours!
Where did you get yours? Books-a-million or Amazon?

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
158 - 07-02-2008, 23:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunk View Post
The age of the Earth is relevant to the accuracy of the bible, which puts the Earth at around 6000 years old. And if the message of God is to be conveyed through the bible, then one would hope that the source text is reliable.
God does not state the age of the Earth. People (biblical scholars) who try to trace the age of the earth though the genalogy given earlier in Genesis or through other methods are wrong in thinking that this alone would be enough.

I do not offer scientific proof of God's existence. I only offer the spirtual food that I have been given through the grace of God and the Holy Spirit.

Zulu
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
159 - 07-02-2008, 23:29
Quote:
If you say so buddy.

Plunk
VeteranX
Old
160 - 07-02-2008, 23:29
Quote:
Its an interesting video but it contains a lot of flaws. You're better off reading something by Dawkins or Harris if you want some anti-religious material.

Page 8 of 27

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Official Christianity Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
athiesm , badmofo has a huge penis , badmofo is faggot , boy must be sacrificed , bullshit , christian , delusions , free gon , fuck christians , fuck jesus , gay priest , get a mind of your own , goth , irrational , jesus built my hotrod , kill the boy , nogodforme , overpopulators , priest touches boy , reggs , religious fuck , shitlicks for jesus , suicidetaxi is god , will smith