Low flying jumbo jet near Manhattan freaks out thousands by Icey - Page 7 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Low flying jumbo jet near Manhattan freaks out thousands
Page 7 of 9
hardluck
VeteranX
Old
121 - 04-27-2009, 21:04
this is quite possibly the stupidest argument ever on tw.

What the **** is with you people and airplanes. jesus.

Sponsored Links
Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
122 - 04-27-2009, 21:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
I never said it wasn't a really stupid idea. I just think people are blowing it way the **** out of proportion.

people are saying it was low, so it could be viewed from the side.
people are saying it was close, so it wouldn't have been too hard for a few people in the room to recognize it as AF1.
people are saying they watched it circle three times with a jet up its ass. Logic dictates if it was a threat it wouldn't have made it to a second pass.

Yes it was stupid but it wasn't as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.
A low airplane doesn't necessarily mean 50 feet off the ground, dude. This is a 747, not some prop plane that holds two people. If it's a couple hundred feet off the ground, it's low. Very low. A commercial jet doesn't get that low unless it's on approach.

Yes, it's so easy to recognize it as one of the Presidential Planes that the pictures don't even do it, except when they are zoomed in so it looks like you're practically next to the god damn plane.

This is a horrible argument. If the ****ing photos don't show much, what makes you think the people are going to see much more?

As for your whole "It made another pass" argument... are you serious? The F-16 was behind it, in a city that holds, what? 8 million? Something along those lines? Shooting it down, logically, could cause more damage. And that's not even the point. The point is that most of the people problem **** their pants as soon as they saw it, not after they saw it make multiple passes.

In my opinion, it was a pretty big deal. It was stupid. If this is in another city, I think it somewhat less of an issue, but this is New York City, and in the financial district no less. They couldn't have picked a worse spot if they tried.

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
123 - 04-27-2009, 21:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
What's amazing is the department of homeland security was only created a few years ago, and already it's up to 200k people. Think about that, 200k people.
United States Department of Homeland Security - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
that's because they incorporated 22 existing departments

do u read ur own links?

telos
VeteranXV
Old
124 - 04-27-2009, 21:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
A low airplane doesn't necessarily mean 50 feet off the ground, dude. This is a 747, not some prop plane that holds two people. If it's a couple hundred feet off the ground, it's low. Very low. A commercial jet doesn't get that low unless it's on approach.

Yes, it's so easy to recognize it as one of the Presidential Planes that the pictures don't even do it, except when they are zoomed in so it looks like you're practically next to the god damn plane.

This is a horrible argument. If the ****ing photos don't show much, what makes you think the people are going to see much more?

As for your whole "It made another pass" argument... are you serious? The F-16 was behind it, in a city that holds, what? 8 million? Something along those lines? Shooting it down, logically, could cause more damage. And that's not even the point. The point is that most of the people problem **** their pants as soon as they saw it, not after they saw it make multiple passes.

In my opinion, it was a pretty big deal. It was stupid. If this is in another city, I think it somewhat less of an issue, but this is New York City, and in the financial district no less. They couldn't have picked a worse spot if they tried.
I'm going on what people have said quoted in news articles not ****ty cell phone pictures. There are a bunch of people that were quoted saying "it was at eye level" and " it was only a few dozen feet from the building" (stupid construction workers) and some even saying they could identify it as AF1.

Every one is screaming "OMG they were about to hit us." If they were really so close that that is the thought that crossed their mind it was close enough to identify or the person is a completely irrational person.

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
125 - 04-27-2009, 21:25
i think what happened was they didnt want to give a free wedding to someone this ****ing dumb

telos
VeteranXV
Old
126 - 04-27-2009, 21:26
actually if you kept up on the thread they quoted posts by TW members as the reason we were DQ'd and me not being stern enough with my don't cheat statements.

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
127 - 04-27-2009, 21:27

mjoe
VeteranXX
Old
128 - 04-27-2009, 21:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
i think what happened was they didnt want to give a free wedding to someone this ****ing ugly

confidential
VeteranX
Old
129 - 04-27-2009, 21:30
telos is shockingly retarded

telos
VeteranXV
Old
130 - 04-27-2009, 21:30
i can't argue with that

EDIT: the ugly not the retarded.

I still think its completely irrational that "OMG THEY ARE GOING TO HIT US" is the first thing that crossed every ones mind.

confidential
VeteranX
Old
131 - 04-27-2009, 21:33
really telos, really? are you trolling us bro? what's the deal man i didn't know you were this stupid

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
132 - 04-27-2009, 21:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
I'm going on what people have said quoted in news articles not ****ty cell phone pictures. There are a bunch of people that were quoted saying "it was at eye level" and " it was only a few dozen feet from the building" (stupid construction workers) and some even saying they could identify it as AF1.

Every one is screaming "OMG they were about to hit us." If they were really so close that that is the thought that crossed their mind it was close enough to identify or the person is a completely irrational person.
Yeah... let me tell you something about eye-witnesses - they don't know ****. Ask any attorney. An eye-witness will typically not remember what happened clearly, and in a stressful situation (as this clearly was) they aren't going to be thinking straight.

Pictures tell you a lot more. A witness who says "It's at eye level" could be seeing the plane a few hundred feet away from them, possibly further, likely well beyond the point they could ID the plane. As for them saying "They were about to hit us." that's just ridiculous. This was a stupid stunt, but there was no way the plane was ever that close to any building they were at eye level with. That would take it from being a stupid stunt to an incredibly reckless and dangerous one.

You're looking for reasons to accuse these people of being idiots. You don't need an excuse. People often are idiots, but your argument is certainly putting you with them. For every person who saw the plane and might have gone "Oh ****!" and **** their pants, there were probably other people who saw the plane, went "Oh ****!" and possibly got a better look at the plane, or figured out that something else (not dangerous) was up. Do you really think the media is going to talk to those people? What kind of news story does that make? "Yeah, I saw the plane and freaked out for a few minutes, but then I saw it make a few laps and I realized we weren't in any danger." That's real exciting.

The mayor isn't pissed because he's worried that no one could have figured out what was going on. He's pissed because they didn't even ask him for permission, and there are plenty of people who wouldn't figure it out. I might not like politicians, but I've never mistaken the majority of them for idiots.

Reno
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
133 - 04-27-2009, 21:46
new yorkers = pussies

telos
VeteranXV
Old
134 - 04-27-2009, 21:46
Thats basically the argument I am making. It was either close enough(like most news articles are making it out to be) to identify or it was far enough away to not immediately go in to panic mode.

I completely agree the media is only showing the irrational side of the story but there are enough people here taking the same stance that I just have to play devils advocate (idiot perhaps ).

slogg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
135 - 04-27-2009, 21:50
I thought this plane was coming to ram my car the other day, but turns out it was just landing

Baby Bew
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
136 - 04-27-2009, 22:05
well that's a valid concern after this happened at midway:

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
137 - 04-27-2009, 22:35
telos is a ****ing retard.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
138 - 04-27-2009, 22:49
telos if you wanted to be outted as a blithering idiot, you could have just said you were in one sentence rather than draw it out in this waste of 7 pages

Infamous Butcher
VeteranXX
Old
139 - 04-27-2009, 23:06
4/27 NEVER FORGET

Mabelrode
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
140 - 04-28-2009, 00:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Butcher View Post