IT Field Nerds - Tech 'go bags'

JuggerNaught

Contributor
Veteran XX
Does any other IT nerd in here have or built a 'go bag'. I constantly have a backpack on me, even if i have to go do field work. Im trying to think of stuff to keep in a specific pouch or pouches that is just for tech. Right now i have

Surface2 and cord
1 USB charging cord (phone)
1 Rechargeable power source (will charge surface twice or phone 4 times)

I'm trying to think of what else would be handy. I already have a tool bag with normal stuff like screw drivers, toners, meters, etc.

Label maker. Charger battery. USB conversion cables for A/B/C-Thunderbolt. HDMI converters. DVI converter. Zip ties. Sharpie. Velcro cable ties. Duct tape. Super glue. Sandpaper.

Last edited:
He already has tatertots in his pouches.
napoleon-dynamite-tater-tots-gif-7151-7479-hd-wallpapers.jpg

Does any other IT nerd in here have or built a 'go bag'. I constantly have a backpack on me, even if i have to go do field work. Im trying to think of stuff to keep in a specific pouch or pouches that is just for tech. Right now i have

Surface2 and cord
1 USB charging cord (phone)
1 Rechargeable power source (will charge surface twice or phone 4 times)

I'm trying to think of what else would be handy. I already have a tool bag with normal stuff like screw drivers, toners, meters, etc.
I'm confused by this thread

on one hand you just list items in anyone's laptop bag
on the other hand you're acting like fixing PCs is a profession

I'm confused by this thread

on one hand you just list items in anyone's laptop bag
on the other hand you're acting like fixing PCs is a profession

I don't fix pc's. Just looking for general items that will be handy in an it 'field' environment.

Back