Why I'm not playing T2

How much does anyone wanna bet me that if Dave G had been the original chief of staff for Tribes 1, skiing would have been debugged and removed, and there would be no Tribes 2. Anyone?

i think dave g was one of those newbies in t1 who got his ass whopped by us and dynamix didnt and wouldnt listen to use cuz like all of the t1 vets makeup like 10% of the t2 community. why the fuck would dave g care. someoen throw his ass in a t1 clan and show him the fast paced competitve action that goes on in t1 matches

Last edited:
so - hold on. i'm not disagreeing with you guys here, this debate is pretty damn old. but then, why are you reading it? I don't understand. nobody is forcing you to come to these forums or to read any of these posts. The topics are there so you can skip over them.

elenex said:
How much does anyone wanna bet me that if Dave G had been the original chief of staff for Tribes 1, skiing would have been debugged and removed, and there would be no Tribes 2. Anyone?

I'll agree to that.

Torment said:
(shrug) everythings been said before - including what you're saying now.

echo,

echo,

echo,

echo,

:ftardkill

Bront

Brontez said:

echo,

echo,

echo,

echo,

:ftardkill

Bront

hey bront, that's plagiarism! cite your sources
$%&@$*(&

Nat you fool.. you obviously dont understand the art of 5 guys chaining a tank and how that is the pinnacle of teamwork. HOW DARE YOU CALL YOURSELF A GAMER!

T2 has some of the most retarded (yet incredibly needed) positions ever for any fps. Tribes 1 you only had to screw 1 guy on your team (repairbitch and some MINOR turreting), now i get to have spambitch, turret clear bitches, a few vehicle clear bitches, driver bitch, a stand alone turret bitch, and a repair bitch. YEAH! (all i could think of off the top of my head)

Yogi said:
People have been voicing their dispeasure in 20 threads a day for the past month or so. There is a point where it gets old.

More power to them. It may be naive but I'm still holding out hope that the gameplay will get better (ie faster/crisper). :/

sWaltz said:
More power to them. It may be naive but I'm still holding out hope that the gameplay will get better (ie faster/crisper). :/

i tend to think T1 will see a revival in the coming weeks, and T1 maps/gameplay will work their way into a T2 mod.. it's already being worked on.. we're not going to hold out on shitty graphics forever, are we? =P

Some of you have brought up some good points... Yes, I haven't played very much POST RELEASE (I played quite a bit in Beta). I reserve the right to play some matches and change eat my own words in the future, but sitting here after E3 and away from EQ has made me start this thread for obvious reasons.

Some of you are missing my point, though. As much as I'm complaining about the way the game is unbalanced, I'm complaining about the way it developed.

The sequel, whose sole reason for existance is the brilliance of the original, could have done so much more without changing the game to suit the new player who picks up his fresh copy off the shelf.

Obviouslly my bias as a "cowboy" makes my opinion unique and not a representitive of the whole. When I was at Teamsound's booth at E3, watching demos of sLaM in action, it made me realize the sheer enjoyment of the rapid paced, heroic, skillful, miraculous gameplay. Perhaps I am addicted to it, but haven't we all felt it?

The reason I've posted this now (VERY LATE) is because I finally got out of EQ and I feel like playing T1 again. Does anyone else? Screw the cheats, make them public, we'll all play team rabbit with no fog and flag finders but it'll still kick ass =)

I'm gonna stop babying this thread (replying to everyone) and play some T1. We need some more servers back up with real people playing with real names, no smurfing, and true competition.

Is there going to be a TribesCon this Summer? I wonder which game will be played most =0.

BTW> I've always been so damned quiet in this community I just felt like stirring up some fights and seeing where they will lead.

Me = Kicking a dead dog that he thought was only sleeping.

Last edited:
Back