we haven't had a good flame thread in awhile, so here it goes. (TW DRAMA)

Yellow Dot Biatch.

Also, I would donate again. I don't see this as serious as people are making it seem. But I'll wait to see what Colosus has to say.

This thread doesn't start til colosus replies. But I suppose it's just as likely to be deleted.

This wouldn't even be an issue if there was a system like SA has of buying new accounts, user titles, or upgrades. Donations usually involve the cause being more responsive to the donater. If you had to pay $5 for a user title, it would be clear what you're getting and the money could be used for anything at that point.

Iason said:
Archivist.jpg

where did you find that picture of kur

el mar forgot the part about being my personal sex slave and how some of the fund bought him red silk g-strings....

SureShot said:
I agree with you in that respect, but when people donate 4k for the purpose of buying a server upgrade of 4k then it should be used for that. I don't think anyone would have a problem with him spending the extra money on a laptop to run TW and to take to press events as long as they knew about it.

Kinda borders on deceitful imo...tell everyone you need 4k when in fact you only spend 3k then blow the leftover cash how ever you want. Its the principle involved, people donate when they know TW NEEDS it, not to be used as a recreation fund.

I agree that people would probably have less of a problem if they knew beforehand. Still.. the money was donated. Not to sound like an asshole, but a person has no claim to money they have donated. Now, obviously Matt will want people to trust him in the future in case there is another upgrade that could really help TW.. which is why it doesn't make sense that he would use the remaining money on something just for him. I don't think he intended to screw anyone over. I happen to like the guy, and I trust that he bought the laptop with plans to use it for TW, and not just himself. He did buy half of it out of his own pocket though, and I think that's something people need to realize. If he had bought it completely with donated money, I could see a little more of an argument about him using it for his own personal use when it's not being used for TW.

Why is a $2000 laptop necessary to broadcast from some stupid event? There are plenty of laptops available for half that or less that could have done the job, I'd imagine.

Well...I have convinced myself that my $100 went to the server stuff...some other idiots money that came after mine is the $$$ in question. :)

I donated believing 100% of my money would go towards the server. If I had known part of it would be used for this laptop, I still probably would have donated. But now learning this... It ticks me off more than a little bit.

Disappointing.

As for making a final judgement, I'll wait until all parties involved reply.

What kind of laptop is it?
I think he should upgrade to a Sager 8790 when they come out next month.
This lappy can play UT2K4 and T:V. I'm getting one once they have the WUXGA screen.

The funny thing is, didn't Zombie or whatever his name was get banned for pretending to be a lawyer father of some kid representing a law firm that was questioning Colosus about the whereabouts of the donations?

Silent Bob said:
Why is a $2000 laptop necessary to broadcast from some stupid event? There are plenty of laptops available for half that or less that could have done the job, I'd imagine.
Yeah, shitty ones.

Back