The "easiest" or "simplest" chicken breast recipes

Dry chicken sucks balls. Before I became any good at cooking chicken by other methods, this was my go-to technique to make fork tender chicken every time.

Here's what you need for taco night:
A pack of chicken breasts. I usually use 3-4 breasts, I want to try this with thighs.
1 container of chicken stock (I think 24oz?? enough to cover the god damn chicken is good)
A jar of your favorite salsa (Get a good hot tomatillo one if something hangs betwee your legs)
1 large yellow or white onion
1 packet of Sazon (<-- the Puerto Ricans best friend)
Cheese
Garlic
butter/oil

Sautee the onion/garlic first, and do it in the large pot you'll eventually put the chicken in. Once fragrant add the onion slices and salt/pepper. Cook until translucent, remove the mix and keep the heat on med to med-high.

Then add the chicken in and sear the sides of all the pieces. Once seared, cover with chicken stock and free all of the yummy bits from the bottom of the pan into your stock with a wooden spoon. Add the onion back in along with Sazon, about half a jar of salsa, and seasonings to your taste. (/Everybody in the pool)

Stir, then cover it and cook it on Med-Low for one hour. If the chicken stock is boiling so hard the lid of the pot is jumping up and down, you're doing it wrong. After an hour, remove the lid and let the sauce reduce for a bit (maybe 10-20min max) taking care to just get rid of fluid and not overcook the chicken.

At this time the chicken is ready to be fork-shredded and will be amazing. Remove it from the heat and cover it while it rests.

If you can't wait any longer because it smells so good you're about to eat your own arm: shred it quickly and immediately add the cheese while stirring. The heat from the chicken/gravy melts the cheese and it is the ultimate taco filler. Get sour cream and guac and enjoy.

"Nothing too fancy": sear in oven-safe skillet until nicely browned (flipping exactly once), take it off, toss it in a 325 oven for 20 minutes (or until at temperature) with chicken broth if desired.

When I'm lazy, I like to just do a simple stir fry by cutting it up into strips, cooking it with a sauce of ginger/soy/corn starch/sambal oelek (and some canola oil), taking it out once it's done and cooking some veggies with sauce/oil, then adding the meat back to reheat and mix. Hard to make a whole meal more easily.

Last edited:
I prefer thighs to breasts because they're cheaper, more forgiving, and much more flavorful.

in any case, put the chicken in flour, shake off excess, brown in olive oil in a pan. when browned, add can of tomato sauce, simmer until cooked through. serve over pasta. the flour will thicken the sauce and add flavor. if you want to get "fancy" add some garlic, onion, carrot, peppers, capers, etc. after flipping the chicken over and let it cook for a little bit before adding the tomato sauce. you could also add red wine, chicken stock, and tomato paste in place of the tomato sauce. it's a basic two pot meal (one for the chicken, one to boil pasta) that can easily be adapted/changed to whatever ingredients you have on hand.

another option is to use a tsp red curry paste, tsp soy sauce, tsp rice vinegar to make a loose paste you can then rub all over the chicken right before grilling. you can make it in larger quantities and marinade it for longer, but the nice thing about the curry paste is that it's strong enough to carry some good flavor without having to wait.

thx u guys 4 this thread

i have tried many things and they basically all turned out real good

i mostly cut the chicken into smaller parts and fry it with various seasonings or sear it and bake it or broil it with some kind of sauce/soup/salsa

thx u all :)

I don't like using the pan w/ oil because it sucks with dry seasoning.

Broil Hi:

1: Take a thawed chicken breast and butterfly it.
2: Add a liberal amount of dry rub or seasoning to breast, both sides if you'd like. Purchase cheap McCormick's single serving kool-aid packs if you don't know what rub you like.
3: Put pan in oven on the top rack and broil on high for 11-13 minutes or until juices run clear.

I am not a good cook, I was literally taking chicken parts (thighs, wings, drumsticks) and boiling them in salt water and eating it (personally I thought it was quite good, it wasn't dry, had flavor, etccc) - but I guess it is time to move on and I would like to start eating chicken boobs

I am just looking for like really simple chicken breast recipes, as of now I am basically looking at salt and peppering the skin/outside and throwing it into an oven or on a pan. I may also end up going back to brining it in salt water or something and boiling it again :x

ThxX

Nothing 2 fancy - sear the outside to lock in juices, season ur cast iron, etc - Kiint u stay out ur shit is complex

No vegetarians either bighead

frozen meat boneless
oven
350 for 25mins
ignore timer while tribing, come back @ 45 min
perf chicken breast

add sauce or seasoning.

^ cooking for the lzy

Back