[Religion] "I want my kids to decide for themselves" by FngrBANG - Page 20 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Religion] "I want my kids to decide for themselves"
Page 20 of 20
Thread Tools
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
381 - 11-25-2008, 00:19
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by FngrBANG View Post
but he had bank...
More precisely: he got bank by taking over a burgeoning cult, whose members were distraught by the death of their icon. Therefore, everything Paul had his hand in, is immediately suspect.

He was the world's greatest con-man, bar none.


Now... get back to actually refuting what I've said. Or accept defeat. Your dissembly is typical of Christians who are faced with reality. Crumbling yet?
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
Sponsored Links
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
382 - 11-25-2008, 00:23
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by FngrBANG View Post
Would you prefer teaching your child that someone gave their life for them in an attempt to forever preserve the child's eternal life?

Or is that kind of sacrifice an outdated concept in these modern times?
Ooh, I'm good with this too.

Jesus' sacrifice? Nothing of the kind.

Because, you know, for it to BE a sacrifice, you need to lose something. Forever.

You say he was, at the least, a scion of God himself. At most, he WAS God himself, in a skinsuit. Thus, he ALREADY KNEW WHAT LAY BEYOND DEATH and KNEW that it held absolutely no terror or danger to him, at all. In fact, as Jesus, he was due MORE than anyone else once he died. So, his sacrifice was nothing of the sort.

For a normal human, no matter how devout, there is ALWAYS that animal doubt, that instinct to fear death and struggle to avoid it at all costs. Because we CANNOT ever know, for certain, that there's even anything, of any type, there when we give it up for good.

In short, it was a simple mummery, no real sacrifice at all.
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
Breyer
VeteranX
Old
383 - 11-25-2008, 00:25
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by FngrBANG View Post
?
Human or not, the character was just as flawed as a human?

Duhr?
 
Breyer is offline
 
Rorschach
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
384 - 11-25-2008, 00:31
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelrode View Post
Ooh, I'm good with this too.

Jesus' sacrifice? Nothing of the kind.

Because, you know, for it to BE a sacrifice, you need to lose something. Forever.

You say he was, at the least, a scion of God himself. At most, he WAS God himself, in a skinsuit. Thus, he ALREADY KNEW WHAT LAY BEYOND DEATH and KNEW that it held absolutely no terror or danger to him, at all. In fact, as Jesus, he was due MORE than anyone else once he died. So, his sacrifice was nothing of the sort.

For a normal human, no matter how devout, there is ALWAYS that animal doubt, that instinct to fear death and struggle to avoid it at all costs. Because we CANNOT ever know, for certain, that there's even anything, of any type, there when we give it up for good.

In short, it was a simple mummery, no real sacrifice at all.
So maybe the sacrifice is the fact he just didn't wipe out all humans when they tried to kill him, you know being a God and all. Sacrifice is a relative word not an absolute word?? I don't know, this **** sucks and is part of the reason I hate both sides of the fence.
 
Rorschach is offline
 
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
385 - 11-25-2008, 00:40
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by gRraWr View Post
So maybe the sacrifice is the fact he just didn't wipe out all humans when they tried to kill him, you know being a God and all. Sacrifice is a relative word not an absolute word?? I don't know, this **** sucks and is part of the reason I hate both sides of the fence.
Then he would have boasted about it.

Though that [wiping us out in retribution] would have actually been him breaking his covenant with Noah.

I'm with you about sacrifice, I think we agree in principle, but there is still an air of permanence that must be included for it to be 'worth' it, no? My point is the definition doesn't fit what is rather grossly [and incorrectly] called 'the greatest sacrifice'.
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
Ztir
VeteranXV
Old
386 - 11-25-2008, 10:26
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDude View Post
I think the Olympian gods would be much more representative of the human population. Multiple personalities covering multiple bases from love to war, a smattering of internal discord for the giggle factor, a pinch of sex\incest and you have yourselves one hell of a party.
i agree

plus the epic stories and constellations are badass
 
Ztir is offline
 
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
387 - 11-25-2008, 13:38
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztir View Post
i agree

plus the epic stories and constellations are badass
They also **** like minks, the real mark of any sensible, true Gods.

Such as the Norse, as well.
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
FngrBANG
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
388 - 11-26-2008, 17:07
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelrode View Post
Now... get back to actually refuting what I've said. Or accept defeat.
Why do I need to refute it?


Or even "accept defeat!?"


Answer me!
 
FngrBANG is offline
 
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
389 - 11-26-2008, 18:57
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by FngrBANG View Post
Why do I need to refute it?


Or even "accept defeat!?"


Answer me!
Don't you stand for your beliefs?
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
Seraph
VeteranXV
Old
390 - 11-26-2008, 19:18
Reply With Quote
Dissection of a typical Fngr thread.

Fngr makes an assertion
Tribalwar attempts to refute it.
Fngr ignores the points
Fngr declares himself victorious.
 
Seraph is offline
 
Page 20 of 20
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Religion] "I want my kids to decide for themselves"

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
666 , adopted , child abuse , drunken moron , fngrbang vagina swelling , has issues , physics is philosophy , placebo , religious fucks , satan is lord , seraph is a fag , togowack is dumb , togowack is ignorant


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 19:43.