Can I brag for a second? by |R|u|s|t|y| - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Can I brag for a second?
Page 1 of 2
|R|u|s|t|y|
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 03-19-2019, 08:09
Throughout the week I'll exercise about 5-6 days, but mostly 5 doing boxing workouts. But once or twice a week I'll go running and I'll go 5 miles. I always stopped because I figured it was just a good point to stop at and I was never really stopping because I was tired, I was just so bored and it was already kinda far.

Yesterday I started running and I felt super tired and I thought it would be a light day b/c I had some wine the night before and slept like **** and i cranked out 13.1 miles.

a half ****ing marathon out of the blue.

naturally i wasn't videotaping it b/c i wasn't planning on going that far but when I was done I had to record a video of myself saying it b/c I was blown away.

boom

/I'lltakeit!

Sponsored Links
Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
2 - 03-19-2019, 08:15
I took a satisfying **** today

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
3 - 03-19-2019, 08:16
i hear its great exercise to stop posting

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 03-19-2019, 08:54
A few things here. Making a jump from 5 miles to 13.1 is huge. Let's hope your knees can take it. You would normally work up to that distance. If you were training for a marathon, 20 would be your target. I ran 2 marathons, my second time was 03:43 and I finished strong. Most of my training was at 5-7 miles, then I would ramp up before the race to 20.

What made me do the longer runs was training for the marathon, and beating my best time. At the end of each run I was usually sprinting, and I'd have runner's high when I stopped.

Try to train on grass or the beach to give your knees a break. In my 30s mine gave out. The meniscus tears and you'll need to have them scoped. I remember going for a simple 5 mile run and my knees hurt. Now I don't run, but ride a bike, roller skate around a park, and swim laps in a pool when it warms up. It really sucks that the meniscus doesn't regenerate, it wears out, tears like a finger nail, and then your knees will hurt.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 03-19-2019 at 08:59..
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 03-19-2019, 08:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
A few things here. Making a jump from 5 miles to 13.1 is huge. Let's hope your knees can take it. You would normally work up to that distance. If you were training for a marathon, 20 would be your target. I ran 2 marathons. Most of my training was at 5-7 miles, then I would ramp up before the race to 20.

What made me do the longer runs was training for the marathon, and beating my best time. At the end of each run I was usually sprinting, and I'd have runner's high when I stopped.

Try to train on grass or the beach to give your knees a break. In my 30s mine gave out. The meniscus tears and you'll need to have them scoped. Now I don't run, but ride a bike, roller skate around a park, and swim laps in a pool when it warms up.
Running on the Beach Comes with Risks - Keep In Touch with Jefferson University Hospitals | Serving Philadelphia, PA, NJ the Delaware Valley

easilyodd
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
6 - 03-19-2019, 10:32
I went nuts and made fried chicken and waffles. I didn't video tape it 'cuz I was planning on grilling the chicken.

Made a syrup mixed with Jack Honey. It turned out so cinnamony sweet that the wife gave me a blow job right there in the kitchen while making waffles. Not even my b-day!!!

/I'lltakeit!

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 03-19-2019, 13:18
Since the weather here finally got about 60 degrees, went riding all weekend. Put so many miles on my Ultra Limited that my forearms hurt. So nice to be able to not spend 15 minutes gearing up for the cold. Light Jacket and Vest and I'm good to go.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 03-19-2019, 13:42
thx 4 the jogging journal update, vanster

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 03-19-2019, 23:57
anyone can run 13 miles... just might be dark at the end

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 03-20-2019, 00:16
if u really wanna impress urself, push to do 15 tomorrow and when you get home, get on tw and put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 03-20-2019, 00:20
i'd be impressed

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
12 - 03-20-2019, 00:21
id be p happy

SkittleBrew
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 03-20-2019, 00:35
When I was in the military I hated the 3-mile physical fitness test run. You were running for the best time possible because it directly reflected in your promotability. So you burned yourself out quick, at the end of the 3 miles you were exhausted.

Otherwise, I'd found that the longer you run the easier it gets. I'd read somewhere that you should run at a pace that would allow you to still hold a conversation with a running partner without being too uncomfortable. You start out slow... and before you know it your body is naturally getting acclimated to the exertion and the pace gradually increases without realizing that it is happening. By the end of a ten-mile run, my buddy and I were running 6-minute miles, where our pace was probably 10-minute miles when we began.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
14 - 03-20-2019, 00:46
I'm glad you did a half marathon, congratulations.

wtf eat apples
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 03-20-2019, 01:42
Thats pretty dam sweet.
Personally i would slow it down and take more rest days. Think about long term.
Keep up 5-6 days a week will lead to injury and burn out, even if u are superman imo.
Rest days is when you heal and grow.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 03-20-2019, 06:22
Did you drink gamer fuel before or during the run?

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 03-20-2019, 06:27
13.1? Just say 13

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 03-20-2019, 11:38
Great work! Your long run was my every other day run.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 03-20-2019, 18:09
Running is stupid.

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 03-20-2019, 18:31
even if there's a T-Rex around the corner?

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Can I brag for a second?

Social Website Bullshit