Buy midair directly from steam:

Midair on Steam

Sponsored Links
Scuzzle
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 08-26-2017, 00:59
The game has a weird memory leak/power hogs on some startups. The game is incredible choppy. Changing graphics settings has no effect. It isn't network lag or frame rate. Only closing the game and reopening it gets rid of it. My specs:

i5-2500k OC'd to 4.2ghz
16gigs DDR3 (Corsair something or other)
Geforce 970
Standard HDD
Only thing out of the ordinary: My audio comes through a ADC/USB audio interface. I could try it without but am too lazy.

The following comments are from a newb who wasn't involved in alpha. A lot of good tribes players have been playing this game for awhile and can probably tell me why none of the things below are game breaking or imbalanced. I'd like to hear it.

Bring back T1 vchat. Ever since T2, we've had commands nested 4 menus deep. Why?

Why can you shoot your flag into your own base?

The maps are fun, but not very thrilling. The slopes are too smooth, and the routes are every where. Most importantly, screwing up an approach to any hill seems to carry very little consequence: no appreciable fall damage, not as much loss in speed as expected, not bottoming out/dead stops.

There is an issue with light cappers, especially when they have energy regen: the lateral movement in the air seems to be practically free of penalty. I can totally screw up a route, or get disc'd off, and still have a ton of maneuverability, with very little energy cost. In T1, and even T2, correcting in the air is a hail mary. You're going to shed of so much velocity and burn so much energy, it's a miracle when you can save the route and get the flag back to base. That makes it incredibly thrilling to be a capper. I don't get that feeling in this game. Still fun, just not as fun as I think it could be.

Somehow the angle of the weapon models seems a bit off from the angle of the projectile. Not game breaking, but definitely weird and annoying.

Flipp
Veteran4
Old
3 - 08-26-2017, 10:36
u sukt totes chit @ T1 2 scuzzlez mun wudnt put 2 much thot in2 u sukn totez chit @ midair 2 smdh lol

Scuzzle
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 08-26-2017, 12:11
mun still retarded 2017

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 08-26-2017, 14:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzle View Post
The game has a weird memory leak/power hogs on some startups. The game is incredible choppy. Changing graphics settings has no effect. It isn't network lag or frame rate. Only closing the game and reopening it gets rid of it. My specs:

i5-2500k OC'd to 4.2ghz
16gigs DDR3 (Corsair something or other)
Geforce 970
Standard HDD
Only thing out of the ordinary: My audio comes through a ADC/USB audio interface. I could try it without but am too lazy.

The following comments are from a newb who wasn't involved in alpha. A lot of good tribes players have been playing this game for awhile and can probably tell me why none of the things below are game breaking or imbalanced. I'd like to hear it.

Bring back T1 vchat. Ever since T2, we've had commands nested 4 menus deep. Why?

Why can you shoot your flag into your own base?

The maps are fun, but not very thrilling. The slopes are too smooth, and the routes are every where. Most importantly, screwing up an approach to any hill seems to carry very little consequence: no appreciable fall damage, not as much loss in speed as expected, not bottoming out/dead stops.

There is an issue with light cappers, especially when they have energy regen: the lateral movement in the air seems to be practically free of penalty. I can totally screw up a route, or get disc'd off, and still have a ton of maneuverability, with very little energy cost. In T1, and even T2, correcting in the air is a hail mary. You're going to shed of so much velocity and burn so much energy, it's a miracle when you can save the route and get the flag back to base. That makes it incredibly thrilling to be a capper. I don't get that feeling in this game. Still fun, just not as fun as I think it could be.

Somehow the angle of the weapon models seems a bit off from the angle of the projectile. Not game breaking, but definitely weird and annoying.
You can't shoot flags into bases because they want to prevent turtles.

The terrain is easy because they want it to be accessible for newbs.

More accessible for newbs is pretty much the goal of the game.

fyr
Veteran³
Old
6 - 08-26-2017, 17:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzle View Post
i5-2500k OC'd to 4.2ghz
Geforce 970
I have the same specs, game runs like absolute **** on non "modern" CPU's such as the 2500k. Welcome to the new age of Unreal Engine 4. Only way to fix it is to upgrade. No time by the developers has been devoted to fix this essential problem in their plans to make the game free to play.

SINep
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 08-26-2017, 18:22
I have a first gen i5 760... and GTX 670.
This game won't run well?

Flipp
Veteran4
Old
8 - 08-26-2017, 20:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipp View Post
u sukt totes chit @ T1 2 scuzzlez mun wudnt put 2 much thot in2 u sukn totez chit @ midair 2 smdh lol
smdh lol

Scuzzle
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 08-27-2017, 17:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing-Stork View Post
You can't shoot flags into bases because they want to prevent turtles.

The terrain is easy because they want it to be accessible for newbs.

More accessible for newbs is pretty much the goal of the game.
I said you CAN shoot flags into bases. Not all entrances, but you can shoot flags into covered vehicle pads. The worst I've seen so far is the desert map with the bases built into stone/caves.

Loco-Raider
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
10 - 08-29-2017, 11:23
I have the following and it runs pretty darn smooth:

i5-3570K @ 3.40
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
8GB RAM

With that being said, this game brings back so many memories from so many years ago. Loving it so far.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Midair
Reload this Page Midair Early Access Live

Social Website Bullshit