[Haiti] Danny Glover is as retarded as Pat Robertson by Icey - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Haiti] Danny Glover is as retarded as Pat Robertson
Page 2 of 3
bonepuppet
VeteranXX
Old
21 - 01-15-2010, 10:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro View Post
why did the media not give any coverage of that huge earthquake in pakistan in 2005 that killed 80,000 people?

people i work with had never heard of it.

2005 Kashmir earthquake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

tell me why confidential
this was all over the news for weeks, maybe because i'm in canada?

Sponsored Links
Zlex
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 01-15-2010, 10:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
he said " Mother Earth is pissed about global warming, so she takes out her anger on millions of the poorest people on the planet" ?? really? realllly??
What?

No. He think thats that Global Warming caused the Earthquake.

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
23 - 01-15-2010, 10:57
Who's to say it didn't?

I'm going to pull out the same card that "skeptics" of climate change use all the ****ing time and say "we understand so little about the earth and how climate affects it" that who are we to rule out that warming of the planet could lead to increased (or more violent) seismic activity?

I still wouldn't have made such a statement if I were Danny Glover, but as skeptics, including the OP would say, "we simply don't know". I mean, how much faith can we really have in our climate models and their accuracy, RIGHT GUYS??!

There could be a relationship there, just like there could be a chance that mans ridiculous pollution of the atmosphere has nothing to do with the planets warming, and just like the rapid change we're seeing in the environment could actually be completely natural and it's just a coincidence that man industralized in the last 100 years.

Just saying.

Last edited by Monkey_b; 01-15-2010 at 11:00..
ScottTheWise13
VeteranXV
Old
24 - 01-15-2010, 10:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonepuppet View Post
this was all over the news for weeks, maybe because i'm in canada?
it was all over the news in the US, too

Grief
VeteranX
Old
25 - 01-15-2010, 11:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_b View Post
Who's to say it didn't?

I'm going to pull out the same card that "skeptics" of climate change use all the ****ing time and say "we understand so little about the earth and how climate affects it" that who are we to rule out that warming of the planet could lead to increased (or more violent) seismic activity?

I still wouldn't have made such a statement if I were Danny Glover, but as skeptics, including the OP would say, "we simply don't know". I mean, how much faith can we really have in our climate models and their accuracy, RIGHT GUYS??!

There could be a relationship there, just like there could be a chance that mans ridiculous pollution of the atmosphere has nothing to do with the planets warming, and just like the rapid change we're seeing in the environment could actually be completely natural and it's just a coincidence that man industralized in the last 100 years.

Just saying.
And what of the mainstream media that refuses to cover this possibility? God Bless Danny Glover for saying what the government and corporations are afraid to talk about.

Not that I'm saying it's true, but just throwing it out there.

Respice
VeteranX
Old
26 - 01-15-2010, 11:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_b View Post
Who's to say it didn't?

Just saying.
People who don't like to make uninformed wild ass guesses. I would think the complete lack of any empirical scientific data relating climate change and earthquakes would be enough.

But keep pontificating on it in the name of intellectual discourse, maybe you'll kick start a few brain cells and realize all the **** you say is utter nonsense.

Waidan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
27 - 01-15-2010, 11:25
And we can't rule out the Devil's involvement in this, right Monkey_b? I mean, given how little we know about him, there could have been a pact, and this could be some sort of Satanic voodoo magic. Or maybe Satan is pleased with our efforts to industrialize this planet, and this is his way of giving humans a pat on the back? We just don't know!!

RamataKahn
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 01-15-2010, 11:33
Danny Glover has always been an idiot. Climate change has always been around, it's just being used to make money now.

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 01-15-2010, 11:39
regardless if we are the cause of climate change or not, dumping millions of tons of pollution into the environment every year is not awesome and any attempt to decrease our waste output as a whole is not as bad as big business would like you to believe

bonepuppet
VeteranXX
Old
30 - 01-15-2010, 11:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottTheWise13 View Post
it was all over the news in the US, too
apearantly not where zorro lives

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
31 - 01-15-2010, 11:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Respice View Post
People who don't like to make uninformed wild ass guesses. I would think the complete lack of any empirical scientific data relating climate change and earthquakes would be enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waidan View Post
And we can't rule out the Devil's involvement in this, right Monkey_b? I mean, given how little we know about him, there could have been a pact, and this could be some sort of Satanic voodoo magic. Or maybe Satan is pleased with our efforts to industrialize this planet, and this is his way of giving humans a pat on the back? We just don't know!!
Thanks for validating my point.

Given we have a pretty good understanding of the planets climate system only a complete delusional retard would suggest that the rapid environmental changes we're observing have little (if anything at all) to do with man, and that until we discover ALL UNKNOWNS we can't rule out the possibility that it's all completely natural and that we shouldn't take any action until we know for sure

It's on par with Waidan suggesting that you can't rule out whether or not I signed a pact with the devil, or that inaction at copenhagen is the reason for the haiti earthquake... because you can't unprove it, kind of like god.

Last edited by Monkey_b; 01-15-2010 at 11:51..
Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
32 - 01-15-2010, 11:55
Monkey_b, stop. I believe global warming is happen. But your idea is ****ing retarded. We have a pretty good idea on what factors go into earthquake, and atmospheric conditions don't mean ****.

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
33 - 01-15-2010, 12:01
I think you're missing my point Wowbagger. If you can subscribe to the skeptics line of thinking in suggesting that "we cant rule out" the possibility that the planets rapid environmental changes have zero to do with man, then you can't really lambast danny glover for trying to draw a link between atmospheric conditions and earthquakes, because "we cant rule out" that possibility either.

Both notions are equally absurd if you put any stock into our understanding of the Earths climate system, so I thought Icey starting this thread was ironic since he and his kind always use the unknowns to validate their skepticism.

Last edited by Monkey_b; 01-15-2010 at 12:09..
Zlex
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 01-15-2010, 12:14
Even Wowbagger thinks you're a ****ing moron Monkey

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
35 - 01-15-2010, 12:21
no u r

ZooL
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 01-15-2010, 12:26
icey is a hateful rassis

Vlasic
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 01-15-2010, 12:27
what a band of ****ing morons on this page

ScottTheWise13
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 01-15-2010, 12:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonepuppet View Post
apearantly not where zorro lives
i guess he doesn't get cnn or fox or nytimes or anything where he lives

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
39 - 01-15-2010, 12:42

Rilke
VeteranX
Old
40 - 01-15-2010, 12:49
I think the criticism of Robertson/Glover is misguided because it assumes they are stating logically merited positions rather than making sales pitches in light of the "opportunity of a crisis" (cf. the misreading of a Chinese character ). Both Robertson and any political actor in the US are pragmatists, using events to further their cause because crises demand public relations coverage.

Robertson is a straight up Friedmanist, after the economist, because ostensibly God is a "free-market" Capitalist (the fact that the New Testament declares otherwise, notwithstanding). Glover is a barker for a cause. There's a slight difference. But I suppose both want people to open up their checkbooks.

Page 2 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Haiti] Danny Glover is as retarded as Pat Robertson

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
monkey_b is an idiot