[Win7 64] Anyone have luck getting Realtek AC 97 audio going?

Cause mine won't. I downloaded the latest Win 7 64 drivers from realteak (Vista_Win7_R240) ... go through install shield ... no love.

It seems its a common problem, but I can't find the solution on google.

anyone
halp

Yeah I do.. it just worked upon install. Then I installed the mobo drivers just in case, and it still worked.. :shrug:

edit: NM.. I have Realtek HD Audio; not AC '97

Last edited:
im using a8n (forgot if its sli or not)

but i had to do windows update and get the ac97 drivers from that to get my sound to work

well this is my situation:
windows detected my device as 'High Definitely Audio Device"
I download from realtek their setup package for win7 vista 64: "Vista_Win7_R240.ZIP"
Run the installshield thing. It shows it is copying files.
It finishes, says restart. I restart. No changes whatsoever.

still using that hd audio thing, still not working. windows tells me I'm already using the best driver.

u using hdmi to a hdtv/monitor?

my mobo sends audio out via hdmi automatically. I have to disable hdmi audio for it to output sound from my green stereo out port.

u using hdmi to a hdtv/monitor?

my mobo sends audio out via hdmi automatically. I have to disable hdmi audio for it to output sound from my green stereo out port.
no, I'm just using onboard audio for playing system sounds. I have no hdmi going on. I just want beeps and dings.

Uninstalled, told windows 'have disk' pointed to directory of this output and it just reinstalled my old HD audio driver saying that windows found the best driver for me to use.

look for your INF directory and zip is up then delete everything in it (so windows can't detect the driver)

uninstall in within device manager -should work :| - does it say error unable to start or something like that? what actually happens when you try and play audio

Back