Icons separating friendly from self on minimap

No worries man and thanks for looking into it. It's really quite simple to position into place, I just thought for the sake of simplicity it would be a nice addition to have it move as a unit. No biggie.

yea i thought the same thing but native huds don't have some kind of trigger that would let them know the minimap has moved

i suppose maybe it could be done by saving the minimap location in a var and then watch to see if it's changed

or attaching to the hud move functions to check

there's actually probably a few ways to trick it into working but i'm pretty rusty these days and not sure i want to put in that much effort

scriptGL it'd be easy peasy lemon squeezy tho, get pixel location and size of minimap and draw your .png based on those

edit: looks like u have scriptGL stuff in your config, i'll whip something up later for ya

Last edited:
pretty much done it works perfectly i think i just have some of the math strange

will post tomorrow or sometime im more sober

edit: ya :lol: i was using some overly complicated calculations to find a value that always worked out to +8 no matter what i did

then i figured out that the minimap container is 16 pixels bigger the minimap itself and it all made sense

will finish tomorrow

Last edited:
Excellent mi amigo! Gracias!

sshot0065.jpg

i mean does the gradient adjust*

no no no

but that would be pretty fricken cool (and possible in scriptGL for sure)

Reversed the gradient path. Was hard too see friend/foe icons near me. Was too dark at center.

sshot0069.jpg

looks good!

was fiddling around with it today and seemed to work pretty good whatever size/shape i threw at it

i might rework it a bit so that it scales to the full size of the minimap hud (16 pixels wider than the width setting) that way u can make overlays that go over the edges

but then for things you'd want to align perfectly to the edge of the map you'd have to leave a 16 pixel buffer

idk

added a little %style switch in there, if its set to 0 it'll scale to the edge of the minimap itself, or set it to 1 so it goes outside

i kinda like it outside :p

radar_ring.jpg

updated the original link (and added your overlay instead of my stupid test one)

p.s. try my lush terrain its a lot prettier than the ones in your screenshots ;)

lushDML_groov_512_v2

(ps. has anyone made a decent replacement alienDML? i think thats whats in my screenshot of emeraldvalley there)

lol i was thinking the same thing.

hud layout looks dope though.

I hope u realize what u are doing is totally wrong

and he right. when resizing things you should use numbers like these (16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc).

notice how everything is a factor of 2. this really helps to reduce quality loss.

Last edited:
Back