Ask Mr Robot! List of pre-raiding BiS for every class/spec!

Not a bad list, not perfect, but good to get people started.

I had made my own gear list for paladins.

Like the stat preference section, will have to tool around with it more later. Love how "stamina" is still #1 by default there.

Feannag never got the memo about stamina stacking in Wotlk. Pessi knows as well as the rest of us that he won't get the Cataclysm memo, either.

Like the stat preference section, will have to tool around with it more later. Love how "stamina" is still #1 by default there.

Stam is still number one.

However, not ignoring socket bonuses or other useful mitigation/avoidance trinkets is the new hotness.

Also, I like how the site recommends a ranged weapon for prot wars that currently isn't in the game.

Last edited:
I grew very weary of stam-stacking since it gain momentum during ToC, so I suspect two content patches into Cata it will come back. But presently it doesn't work so well, at least not enough to jam solid-hyrbids to activate the meta and fill the rest with solids.

site has a dagger listed for offhand for enhance shamans. I'm pretty sure a 2.6 speed mace or axe is still better for them. Probably the one you get with justice points would be one of the best.

So how did Anub go in ToGC? Very well with stam-stacking?

You're using one gimmick fight, out of every single WoW raid encounter as your argument against Stamina stacking? What is so difficult to understand about stamina being best?

They have articles now? No more sifting through 80+ page threads looking for the info you need?

You're using one gimmick fight, out of every single WoW raid encounter as your argument against Stamina stacking? What is so difficult to understand about stamina being best?

A "one gimmick" fight where stam-stacking doesn't work. Next...

I grew very weary of stam-stacking since it gain momentum during ToC, so I suspect two content patches into Cata it will come back. But presently it doesn't work so well, at least not enough to jam solid-hyrbids to activate the meta and fill the rest with solids.

You are only weary of stam-stacking because you use the term "stam-stacking", tanks maximize stam while balancing other stats to maintain a high level of survivability and threat.

Back