Tuesday maintenance?

Ickz

Veteran XX
I'm assuming there won't be a Tuesday maintenance since that would only leave servers open to play for around four hours or whatever before they would have to go down. I've completely forgotten how this was handled for the previous xpacs. Anyone know for sure?

The servers were up pretty much instantly for last expansions. There was no Tuesday maintenance. I can't even remember if they went down at all.

Just have to see, I don't remember how launch was handled either. I don't particularly remember if I was playing hours prior to launch, I think I always logged in that day after the servers were updated, etc.

so will the servers be live all night and at midnight the cata material gets unlocked? or will the servers go down before midnight?

so will the servers be live all night and at midnight the cata material gets unlocked? or will the servers go down before midnight?

Well, a lot of people are under the assumption that everyone with the digital dl can just stay logged in and then magically start gaining xp and entering the new areas without doing anything the second midnight hits. Sounds dumb to me - I'm thinking there would definitely be a restart.

They had some scheduled restarts sunday night? Maybe it's tonight....saw it over the weekend when i logged in, can't remember the day though.

Well, a lot of people are under the assumption that everyone with the digital dl can just stay logged in and then magically start gaining xp and entering the new areas without doing anything the second midnight hits. Sounds dumb to me - I'm thinking there would definitely be a restart.

I'd think to think they would have planned for that considering they made such a big stink about EST getting "three hours head-start" in WotLK. I figure it'll all still be 4.0.3 or whatever and then around 12am PST they will do rolling restarted for 5 - 15 minutes and it'll all be implemented and in.

Back